Author Topic: This is crazy. Celtics don't want Jackson. Another trade coming?  (Read 12567 times)

Re: This is crazy. Celtics don't want Jackson. Another trade coming?
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2017, 08:50:44 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Ainge will let Jackson slide and pick him (if he is the guy)

Celtics situation is unique in that it never happens

Some top 5 talented players are not going to be excited to join such a team...

Most of these prospects are used to being the "man" since elementary school

But losing stinks and winning is contageous ..

This.  Exactly.

And if Jackson should somehow get selected by the Lakers, a trade for an established player isn't made, and Ball is at the top of Danny's talent list, I have no doubt that contagious feeling that comes with the name of Celtics will be strong enough to even push both Balls, father and son, into green jerseys forever!

LA has lights, cameras and phony people.  Boston is the REAL deal!  This is where Legends are made!

Rak

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2017, 08:53:51 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Ainge will let Jackson slide and pick him (if he is the guy)

Celtics situation is unique in that it never happens

Some top 5 talented players are not going to be excited to join such a team...

Most of these prospects are used to being the "man" since elementary school

But losing stinks and winning is contageous ..

This.  Exactly.

And if Jackson should somehow get selected by the Lakers, a trade for an established player isn't made, and Ball is at the top of Danny's talent list, I have no doubt that contagious feeling that comes with the name of Celtics will be strong enough to even push both Balls, father and son, into green jerseys forever!

LA has lights, cameras and phony people.  Boston is the REAL deal!  This is where Legends are made!

Rak

!!!!

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2017, 08:58:14 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
What the heck is going on. Jackson is by far the most talented player at three. He's probably the second best, factor in defense and he's probably the best two way player.

Seems like things are too quiet right now. We have heard the Sun's love him the Bulls love him the Kings love him the Knicks love him I'm sure just about everybody loves him on the court.

Anybody have any other wild predictions? Something just doesn't sit right with me about this. The road seems to steer towards Chicago and Jimmy Butler that's just what makes sense but who knows.

You got a source for that?

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2017, 09:07:26 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
On the record saying Jackson should not be the pick. Kid is going to be a headache off the court. Tatum to me has a better offensive upside.

I do think Ainge takes Jackson in the end. His defense and athleticism. Plus Ainge can trade him down the road this summer to a team that might covet him.

I don't like the idea of him being a Celtic

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2017, 09:14:04 AM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
This forum is hilarious

Literally making Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. up left and right

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2017, 09:15:40 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This forum is hilarious

Literally making **** up left and right
Making what up?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2017, 09:31:57 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Not sure why anyone thinks Jackson is holding out because he got a promise. Reports are that he stunk up his Philly workout and Philly subsequently traded up to Fultz. If more reports came out that he flopped in workouts he would no longer be a top 3 pick amongst GMs... media is a different question.

This is no promise, just an agent preserving his client's value.

PS... I don't want him... take Tatum

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2017, 09:37:17 AM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
With Russell now gone, LA WILL draft Ball.

Jackson will be there at #3.

Question is, do we draft ANOTHER offensively challenged, supposed defensive monster with T Rex arms who doesnt want to give us the the time of day?

My hope is we get the 'Zinger.  If not, who the hell knows...

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2017, 09:42:54 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This forum is hilarious

Making what up?
"The Celtics don't want Jackson"
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2017, 09:46:31 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This forum is hilarious

Making what up?
"The Celtics don't want Jackson"
Oh right, I thought it was in reference to a post.

We don't know who the Celtics want, but it's safe to say that Jackson doesn't want us.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2017, 09:48:06 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I know there are mixed feelings about Chad Ford on this board, but he did post this:

Chad Ford‏Verified account @chadfordinsider  18h18 hours ago
More
Chad Ford Retweeted Chuck M.
This is a disagreement between his agent and Celtics. Don't pin it on Jackson. He's the most competitive/fearless player in the draft

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2017, 09:58:59 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I know there are mixed feelings about Chad Ford on this board, but he did post this:

More
This is a disagreement between his agent and Celtics. Don't pin it on Jackson. He's the most competitive/fearless player in the draft

First of all the agent WORKS FOR Jackson, so that's BS.   Anyway, to me if Jackson doesn't work out for us and his team (agent etc.) won't provide his medicals then we can't draft him.  Personally because of his shooting ability, size and no baggage I like Tatum better anyway.  Also, if you check out the last 2 or 3 drafts Ainge's first round picks were all players he saw work out multiple times.  Tatum fits that bill also....    Ainge saw him in a public workout and then he came in for a personal one.  Having said all of that I think the pick is a potential trade chip also.

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2017, 10:03:19 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'm terrified we are going to pick Dennis Smith Jr.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2017, 10:05:28 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
First of both of you guys Big333223 and crimson get a TP when I am done typing.

Big - yes he did trade for IT and that turned out great. I am sure he as much as everyone else are over the top surprised at what they got. I doubt he saw that in IT when he traded but kudos for him for doing it.

Crimson - I totally agree about Butler and that would aid in our chance in beating Cleveland AND to improve the desire of one of those players joining our team. The problem is "when" would he do it or will he? I am just confused about the process and worried someone else will get there foot in the door and steal Butler away.

I am not even a big Butler fan but I do know he is good and he would make our team better and more attractive to free agents, etc.

Thanks guys.

I hate to be that guy, but Ainge told IT he could be the next Celtics great when the trade went down. I highly doubt he's shocked by what IT is doing.

Via Players Tribune: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/isaiah-thomas-celtics-boston-letter/

I passed my physical that night, and while the Celtics were in Sacramento playing the Kings, I watched the game with Danny Ainge in his office — just me and the GM. We talked about the team, about the trade, about me. And he said something to me I couldn’t believe.

“Isaiah … the way you play the game of basketball, you could be a Celtics legend.”

A Celtics legend? I thought he was crazy — like he was just caught up in the excitement and hype of making a big trade.

But then I Skyped with coach Brad Stevens later that night, and not only was he hyped about the trade, he was hyped about me. He said he didn’t want me to adapt to the rest of the team. He wanted the rest of the team to adapt to me. He said he wanted me to play my game and be the best Isaiah Thomas I could be.

I had never heard anything like that from a coach in my professional career. These guys weren’t just hyped about a big trade. They genuinely believed in me. And I could tell that they believed in every guy in that locker room. That’s why they brought us here.

That’s when it hit me: This was the opportunity I had always wanted. The one I had worked my whole life for. And I was going to do everything I could to take advantage of it.

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

More

First of all the agent WORKS FOR Jackson, so that's BS.   Anyway, to me if Jackson doesn't work out for us and his team (agent etc.) won't provide his medicals then we can't draft him.  Personally because of his shooting ability, size and no baggage I like Tatum better anyway.  Also, if you check out the last 2 or 3 drafts Ainge's first round picks were all players he saw work out multiple times.  Tatum fits that bill also....    Ainge saw him in a public workout and then he came in for a personal one.  Having said all of that I think the pick is a potential trade chip also.

Chad Ford just reported that Boston finally received Jackson's medicals....