Author Topic: Can we trade the Sacramento pick back to them?  (Read 899 times)

Can we trade the Sacramento pick back to them?
« on: June 21, 2017, 12:01:55 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'm not sure if this is possible, but here me out.

After trading the #1 overall pick this year, and hearing that Danny was confident that his guy would be there at #3 tells me that the player that he wants is not one of top four guys that everyone covets (Fultz/Ball/Jackson/Tatum), because unless he knows for sure that Magic is taking Ball, he risks the Lakers taking Ball/Jackson/Tatum.

So it has to be Isaac. 

I know a lot of you have already discussed Isaac as the potential guy that Danny wants, so I will fast-forward to my idea/question about trading with Sacramento.

I've recently heard that the Lakers offered the #2 to SAC for the #5 and #10, in order to use one of the picks to acquire George, and preserve a top #10/#5 pick. The lakers were shut down!

I remember just a week ago..everything was green baby, #1 pick in our pockets, illusions of acquiring Anthony Davis, dreaming about the future picks..then, Bam! Magic starts dismantling their core and..

Just like that, the Lakers pick is gone.

So-(and sorry for the rant), my question is-  could we trade the unprotected/better of the two lottery picks (with next years LA pick presumably out the door), from Philly back to the Kings to get the #5 and #10 back in return?

Is it even possible?

Is it enough?

My reasoning- after the Fultz trade I began watching other prospects more closely, and while I do like Jackson as a player, the more and more that I though about it, Isaac seemed like Danny's guy.  He has the build of a Durant/Ingram style player at 6'10'' with a massive wingspan, yet he plays like a guard/wing, pretty much Danny's NBA dream player. 

However- what makes Isaac unique, is that he already plays NBA ready defense, and can cover virtually every player on the court!!!

Isaac just really seems like an Ainge guy.

So why do I want #10?

Dennis Smith Jr.

He was the #1 ranked PG coming into this last years college season until he blew out his knee as a senior in HS.  His athleticism is unbelievable!!!

Kid can shoot from anywhere on the court, is an unreal athlete, can finish strong at the rim, distribute the ball, and has a killer crossover! Also- because this draft is so deep (especially at the PG position), and his previous injury, he should be available at #10, like Isaac at #5.

I really think that these two kids will be the steals of the draft years later when people look back at it.  At least I'm really hoping so with our pick if we can't obtain another first rounder, and we take Isaac.

In summary- I know that this seems like a lot of something for nothing, seeing as most of us balked at the idea of #1 for #5 and #10 last week, but now that I know that we're not taking Fultz, I think we can get potentially the steal of the draft in Isaac, and turn that unknown commodity of all those protections on those lotto picks into a real asset in Dennis Smith Jr.

This would give us another great player this year, (could be better than Fultz IMO), instead of an unknown asset, and would give Sacramento their pick back next year.  If possible, it seems like a win-win for both teams.

I know that I'm basically saying that getting Smith Jr. at #10 this year will be better than what either Philly or Sacramento can net us in two years!

Thoughts?

And sorry for being so..bold  ;)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:07:21 AM by biggs »
Truuuuuuuuuth!

Re: Can we trade the Sacramento pick back to them?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 01:00:51 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I'm confused.  So 5 and 10 for maybe a top ten pick two years from now?  Am I missing something because this is a heck no from them.  I assume we're adding #3 this year. 

I,would not make that deal from our side.  And why is the laker pick gone again?