Author Topic: S.A smith said Sixers is going to pick Jackson #1  (Read 5080 times)

Re: S.A smith said Sixers is going to pick Jackson #1
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 09:21:10 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
76ers twitter.   

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 09:37:27 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't believe it. Fake news. SAS is one of these egomaniacs who got fired from the Philly Inquirer for being a jerk. Now he's a jerk for ESPN. Good fit.

The Sixers are desperate for a PG in this draft. The Celtics have an excess of guards, and there was talk all year of a trade for one of the Celtics guards for Okafor or Noel. They are thrilled to have Fultz, who is a legitimate star prospect. Lucky, in fact, the Celtics are loaded in the backcourt.

The real news is the Celtics have Jackson, since the Lakers will draft Ball, with Russell traded to Nets. The only way I can figure this is Ball is being drafted. Russell isn't a bad player. They are getting Lopez and the old Celtics 27 pick. Aldridge (an LA homer) just said they were saving money getting rid of Mozgov, but Lopez makes more--at least next year. This deal is good for the Celtics in terms of getting Jackson.

I'm watching NBA.Tv show tonite on the draft preview, with a couple of ex-coaches saying how the Celtics are the only good team with a top 10 pick. They also said Butler is a better fit in Boston than Cleveland (Butler has said he doesn't want to play in Cleveland.) I can't see the cavs being in on these trades with their GM fired.

My current hourly feeling (it changes) is the Celtics will draft defense. 1)Jackson 2)Fox 3) Isaacs. I would put Isaacs ahead of Fox based on their needs, but Fox would allow them to trade a guard like Rozier.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 09:38:49 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
He is an idiot. Jackson will be a Celtic.

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 02:45:39 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Has Jackson worked out for the Suns?

It has to be considered strange that he was apparently given a top 3 promise (not us) and Lakers are now lining up to take Ball.

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 03:09:48 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
He is an idiot. Jackson Tatum will be a Celtic.

Thank me later  ;)
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 03:32:00 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
They're taking Fultz at #1.
And if not, Lakers are taking Fultz at #2 lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)