Author Topic: C's and Indy to talk PG13 draft day (update pg 6) (Rumor)  (Read 17485 times)

Re: C's and Indy to talk PG13 draft day (update pg 6) (Rumor)
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2017, 11:43:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I'm gonna tweet something random and see how long it takes to get picked up 🤔

I heard on ESPN that somebody was going to tweet something random!

I'm one Chris Broussard's "sauces"

Chris Broussard has "sauces" everywhere!

« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2017, 11:47:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I'm gonna tweet something random and see how long it takes to get picked up 🤔

I heard on ESPN that somebody was going to tweet something random!

I'm one Chris Broussard's "sauces"

Chris Broussard has "sauces" everywhere!

BQ sauce ....please

« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2017, 11:51:51 AM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
If George would want to stay here, and we don't get him, Ainge is a moron.

The best SF we can possibly obtain. We can't get Lebron, KD, or Leonard.

« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2017, 11:55:10 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Thus the problem.   He has made it known he wants to go to just the Lakers.

« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2017, 12:01:34 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

Trading for George, KP, and signing Hayward is a great plan......in an alternate universe where the NBA has no luxury tax and Paul George hasn't been shouting from the rooftops that he wants to go to LA.

« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2017, 12:16:11 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
If Ainge goes for George, it will be a signal he has George's promise that he will extend with the team if they make the finals. He will need some assurance. The Celtics are only one or two guys away, and they can't screw this up.

« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2017, 12:18:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

you talk as though that's even an "IF" situation when PG has been extremely vocal about going to LA after next season as a FA.  No GM is giving up anything of value to acquire him for one season and Indy isn't going to trade him to someone without getting something of value.

PG will either be traded to the Lakers or kept for the season.  he's not going anywhere else unless someone's desperate at the trading deadline for that one last piece as a rental that may get them deeper into the playoffs.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
https://twitter.com/ForeverGreen_/status/877700133764333568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Report: The #Celtics and Pacers are expected to engage in trade talks about Paul George tomorrow. Boston believes they can get him to stay.

Doesn't list a source, so take this as you will.

You have to keep in mind that Bird is still heavily involved in this draft with the Pacers, and he and Ainge are friends. Of course, he's also friends with Magic, but if it's a Lakers vs Celtics situation, I'd be surprised if Celtics don't get first dibs.

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
https://twitter.com/ForeverGreen_/status/877700133764333568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Report: The #Celtics and Pacers are expected to engage in trade talks about Paul George tomorrow. Boston believes they can get him to stay.

This whole LA thing has made me kinda dislike george but I have to imagine we could get him to stay and I know we could beat the Lakers offer.

Why dislike George because of that?

I don't think he's done anything wrong by simply stating where his ultimate preference would be.  I mean he hasn't actually gone out and tried to force a trade to the Lakers, or said "I won't re-sign with any team except the Lakers", or anything like that.

All he's said is that of all the teams out there, if he had a choice, Lakers would be his top preference.  Doesn't mean that he wouldn't stay and re-sign with any number of other teams if he ended up there.

I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions without all the evidence - most people seem to ASSUME that Paul George is not open to re-signing with anybody but the Lakers, but he hasn't said that.  All he's said is that if he could choose any team to go to, the Lakers would be top preference.   If he gets traded to a great place with a great team, great fans and great culture, great coach, great group of players - and goes on to find himself in the NBA finals battling for a championship - then he might find it very hard to leave all that and go to a lottery bound Lakers team.

Woj and Stein have reported that his agent is telling teams EXACTLY that.

Where have they said this?  I've been keeping a very close eye on Woj's twitter page, and I've seen plenty of updates on George - haven't seen any that say this. 

Unless he's mentioned it verbally on one of his livecasts?

If so, then I would personally walk away from that entirely and focus all my energy on trying to get both Butler and Porzingis.  As far as I'm concerned Butler and George are basically 1A and 1B among currently available players, so I'd much rather make a safe play for Butler rather then take a massive gamble on George.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/6/19/15833976/nba-trade-rumors-paul-george-la-lakers-rental-other-teams-boston-celtics-suck

(Gotta appreciate how they named that link lol)

The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski joined The Chris Mannix Show and talked about George’s camp reportedly letting teams know that if they trade for him, it will strictly be for one season.

“Teams are trying to decide what is the appropriate cost for a player who they are being told pretty adamantly by Paul George’s camp will be a rental. No matter who you are, no matter who has checked in or who potentially will check in about him, they are going to be told that Paul George is going to play this season out and then he is going to go to the Lakers. That’s his plan.”
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:50:43 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2017, 12:39:45 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
But I was yelled at & told the other day that if PG comes to the Celtics, that he would embrace the winning culture & not leave?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

This whole LA thing has made me kinda dislike george but I have to imagine we could get him to stay and I know we could beat the Lakers offer.

Why dislike George because of that?

I don't think he's done anything wrong by simply stating where his ultimate preference would be.  I mean he hasn't actually gone out and tried to force a trade to the Lakers, or said "I won't re-sign with any team except the Lakers", or anything like that.

All he's said is that of all the teams out there, if he had a choice, Lakers would be his top preference.  Doesn't mean that he wouldn't stay and re-sign with any number of other teams if he ended up there.

I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions without all the evidence - most people seem to ASSUME that Paul George is not open to re-signing with anybody but the Lakers, but he hasn't said that.  All he's said is that if he could choose any team to go to, the Lakers would be top preference.   If he gets traded to a great place with a great team, great fans and great culture, great coach, great group of players - and goes on to find himself in the NBA finals battling for a championship - then he might find it very hard to leave all that and go to a lottery bound Lakers team.

Woj and Stein have reported that his agent is telling teams EXACTLY that.

Where have they said this?  I've been keeping a very close eye on Woj's twitter page, and I've seen plenty of updates on George - haven't seen any that say this. 

Unless he's mentioned it verbally on one of his livecasts?

If so, then I would personally walk away from that entirely and focus all my energy on trying to get both Butler and Porzingis.  As far as I'm concerned Butler and George are basically 1A and 1B among currently available players, so I'd much rather make a safe play for Butler rather then take a massive gamble on George.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/6/19/15833976/nba-trade-rumors-paul-george-la-lakers-rental-other-teams-boston-celtics-suck

(Gotta appreiciate thow they named that link lol)

The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski joined The Chris Mannix Show and talked about George’s camp reportedly letting teams know that if they trade for him, it will strictly be for one season.

“Teams are trying to decide what is the appropriate cost for a player who they are being told pretty adamantly by Paul George’s camp will be a rental. No matter who you are, no matter who has checked in or who potentially will check in about him, they are going to be told that Paul George is going to play this season out and then he is going to go to the Lakers. That’s his plan.”

I mean, of course they're saying that. He stands to make much more money that way if he actually does go to LA. And he probably believes that right now, too.

But the fact of the matter is that it'd be extremely difficult for him to leave a 60+ win team for what amounts to be a bottom 5 team again next year. Even Woj has made that claim. PG would be crucified and his legacy would be really harmed if he did that, too.

Still not sure how much I rush yet, though, especially with other less risky options available like Porzingis and Butler.

« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2017, 12:55:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The C's could actually Trade for Porzingas and George---then sign Hayward.

Yeah, they could make it work.  I have been suggesting the same for Butler. 

The way I see it, we could do the following:

1. Offer the #3 pick ($4.5m), A.Bradley ($8.3m), J.Young ($1.8m), D. Jackson ($1.4m) to the Bulls for J.Butler ($17.5m). 

This would have us taking back $1.5m extra in salary, which temporarily leaves us without the cap space to sign a max FA potentially. 

2. Offer 2018 Lakers 1st (from Philly), 2018 Celtics 1st, J.Crowder ($6.2m) to the Knicks for Porzingis ($4.3m). 

This would have us giving away $1.9m extra in salary, so we would now have max salary cap space again.

3. Sign Gordon Hayward.

These three moves would leave us with the following:

PG: I.Thomas / T.Rozier
SG: J.Butler / M. Smart
SF: G.Hayward / J.Brown
PF: K.Porzingis
C: A.Horford / A.Zizic

Now we just need to use exception and/or vet min deals to fill in the rest of the roster (I would be ok with bringing in Sully as backup PF) and we'd be set for years to come...and we wouldn't have to give up the 2018 Brooklyn pick either. 

Throw George in there instead of Butler and it works out just as nicely.  Worst case we just throw Mickey in there as well to absorb George's extra salary.

That offer for Porzingis way too weak. Have to include the 3. Besides, George would be a better fit than Butler for us.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

TP, some truth in this.

Saw a tweet the other ay saying NEITHER DA or LB want to help the Fakers.

Couldn't find it, but found this on Woj:

The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski says Indiana might not want to help the Lakers out because of Bird’s presence. Even though Larry Legend stepped down as team president, he is still a consultant and coming into the office everyday, according to Woj.

“Larry Bird is still coming into the office every day. Larry Bird is not going to want to send Paul George to the Lakers,” Wojnarowski said on a special Paul George edition of “The Vertical Podcast with Woj” Monday. “Those Celtics guys? That thing is still real. They don’t want to help the Lakers.”

Woj said something similar earlier in the day on “The Dan Patrick Show.”

“I don’t know if there is a great appetite within the Pacers to give him what he wants and send him to the Lakers,” Woj told DP.

You have to keep in mind that Bird is still heavily involved in this draft with the Pacers, and he and Ainge are friends. Of course, he's also friends with Magic, but if it's a Lakers vs Celtics situation, I'd be surprised if Celtics don't get first dibs.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/larry_bird_reluctant_to_trade_paul_george_to_lakers_because_of_celtics_rivalry/s1_127_24199720

Green runs deep...screw the Fakers!!!

« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2017, 01:15:48 PM »

Offline DinoGanga

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 31
PG13 and his agent are
Telling everyone he's going to the Lakers which will reduce the amount of assets needed to trade for him. That way Boston is not gutted of players in order to acquire him. Then boom he resigns with j us at a small price GENIUS
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Washington Wizards

PG: Darren Collison / Elfrid Payton / Tim Frazier
SG: Avery Bradley / Seth Curry
SF: Jae Crowder / Shaun Kilpatrick / Marcus Thornton
PF: LeBron James / Derrick Williams / JJ Hickson
C: Jusuf Nurkic / Meyers Leonard / Nikola Pekovic