Author Topic: Jimmy Butler News, Rumors, & Speculation (Merged)  (Read 20247 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler News, Rumors, & Speculation (Merged)
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2017, 07:49:47 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Windhorst says Bulls ALSO sending #16 pick to Wolves in the deal.

Jeez. Good trade for Minny.

They're back on my LeaguePass list.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2017, 07:50:12 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
The price for Butler puts in perspective all the cries for dumping everything for KP, or big assets for PG.

« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2017, 07:51:22 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Dunn, Lavigne, #7

That's it?  Smh.  C'mon Danny, make something happen.

« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2017, 07:52:12 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I am so sick and tired of this.  Timberwolves look like they are going to get Butler for a fraction of what we could have offered, and I feel incredibly confident
that whatever Danny does is not going to be better for Boston then Butler would have been.

Disappointment every single year.  I'm so close to just walking away from supporting this team until Ainge retires or is fired, I'm just sick of Ainge and his asset collecting garbage.

I'm just beyond words...

« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2017, 07:54:14 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Great trade for Minnesota and the Nets have more tanking competition.

It's possible the Bulls loved Dunn as much as the Kings loved Hield. Regardless, had Ainge cared enough, he could have comfortably beaten either offer. Oh, well. I don't think he has much interest in seriously competing now anyway.

« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2017, 07:56:41 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
That's a very, very good deal for Minny.  Honestly the #7 is the only thing in that package that I value.  Not high on Dunn or Lavine. 

« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2017, 07:57:56 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
Great trade for Minnesota and the Nets have more tanking competition.

It's possible the Bulls loved Dunn as much as the Kings loved Hield. Regardless, had Ainge cared enough, he could have comfortably beaten either offer. Oh, well. I don't think he has much interest in seriously competing now anyway.

Coincidence that opposing GM's when trading away their superstars always happen unnatural love affairs for mediocre prospects that happen to not be in Boston.  Or maybe Danny Ainge is just a complete idiot.

I have to give him the benefit of the doubt from now until the regular season starts, but if he doesn't do something big I'm going to be p---ed beyond words.

« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2017, 08:00:39 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
not gonna lie, I am neither upset or happy about it...we could most likely trade for Butler, but knowing he's going to Minny, I feel a lot better....I hope Minny makes playoffs, just like Philly, I hope both makes playoffs.

« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2017, 08:05:10 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Seeing what the Bulls got for Butler, makes me think Danny won't have to send to much for PG if he does

« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2017, 08:45:28 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
not gonna lie, I am neither upset or happy about it...we could most likely trade for Butler, but knowing he's going to Minny, I feel a lot better....I hope Minny makes playoffs, just like Philly, I hope both makes playoffs.

True, if he's going somewhere I at least feel happy knowing he's going to a quality young team - and I like the Wolves young players, and happy to see them all do well. 

They will almost certainly be playoff bound this year, which means one less threat to the Nets.

« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2017, 08:56:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Bulls guy Johnson saying we wouldn't trade the 3rd pick or 2018 Brooklyn pick for Butler. I'm probably glad. Not sure how I like Butler's fit on the roster without other significant changes.

« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2017, 06:29:15 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I think the Boston deal to beat the MIN deal would have had to have been:

#3 (They maybe take Jackson)
Brown (or maybe Smart)
Rozier 

#3 beats #7 of course but I am not sure by how much.  Brown beats either Dunn or Lavine but Rozier would be a weaker piece.  That is a big chunk of our future right there in exchange for Butler and #16 (could have taken a chance on Giles).  Not sure where Butler gets us.  We are probably better but to what end?  This is a tough call but appears to indicate that the Celtics are prioritizing the team down the road over near term incremental improvement.

« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2017, 07:03:53 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

True, if he's going somewhere I at least feel happy knowing he's going to a quality young team - and I like the Wolves young players, and happy to see them all do well. 

They will almost certainly be playoff bound this year, which means one less threat to the Nets.
It also ensures Minny doesn't fall back into the lottery crowd which helps the Laker pick in 2018.

« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2017, 07:09:20 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I am not a huge Butler fan but obviously we didn't want him. The fact that he was traded to Western Conference is good - just another team to beat on the other Western Conference teams. I think this really improves Minny and you have to think that Chicago will now be fighting with BKN for the worst record.

« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2017, 07:26:35 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I think the Bulls blew their chance at getting something good. Should have accepted the deal from the C's last year. Lavine (coming off an injury and and impending contract year) and Dunn (subpar rookie year and 23 already) plus the 7th pick is a pretty underwhelming haul for Butler.

I think the Bulls were expecting to Cs to get desperate and dump their treasure trove of assets b/c they just have a ton. Kudos to Ainge for drawing a line and not giving in.