Author Topic: Jimmy Butler News, Rumors, & Speculation (Merged)  (Read 20384 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler News, Rumors, & Speculation (Merged)ac
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 07:53:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Remember last year, right before the Celtics pick, Woj tweeted out that there were serious talks going on involving Butler, Boston and the 76ers. Sent everyone into a huge frenzy and when the pick was made, of course the boos followed lol  :P

I get the feeling this will happen again Thursday, except with MULTIPLE players.  :laugh:

Stay tuned...

naw ...we have already had the BOMB dropped on us .....no Fultz .......Danny nuked us to the core......at least it was not draft night again.

I expect nothing but either Issac  , Tatum or Butler .......im not excited about any of these as I was Fultz

Danny is not paying up for Butler .   .....what they want ......if I was going to spend the whole bank load ....id get Zinger from Knick .

Issac or Tatum for keeping .....Jackson as trade bait

Re: Jimmy Butler News, Rumors, & Speculation (Merged)
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 07:54:15 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I have a feeling #3 and Crowder are going to the knicks.

If we did that and got Hayward, I would be so pumped.  Still likely have two lotto picks next year, bring in Zizic and Yabu on top of that, maybe even Nader
Even without Hayward (which I think is likely, sorry), you have significantly upgraded in starting-5 talent going from Crowder to Porzingis.  That includes some key weak areas for the C's including shooting and rebounding.  I also happen to think Crowder is an overrated defender.

Re: "It's either Boston or Cleveland, but he's going" (Jimmy Butler)
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 07:56:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Ainge isn't giving up the 3rd pick for Butler straight up, what does that tell you?

That's for now, anyways. He seems to be working several other angles, too. I don't see how he passes up that kind of deal if nothing else materializes before then.

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 08:00:01 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Ainge isn't giving up the 3rd pick for Butler straight up, what does that tell you?

That's for now, anyways. He seems to be working several other angles, too. I don't see how he passes up that kind of deal if nothing else materializes before then.

PG13 can literally provide what Butler can, and would be 2x cheaper. One year rental? So what? You really think someone like PG13 would leave, once he has a taste of the ECF again?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: "It's either Boston or Cleveland, but he's going" (Jimmy Butler)
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 08:00:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

Apparently sites like CBS and Bleacher have stated that Ainge turned down #3 for Butler, and now we look like laughingstocks for now for turning that down...  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 08:04:51 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

PG13 can literally provide what Butler can, and would be 2x cheaper. One year rental? So what? You really think someone like PG13 would leave, once he has a taste of the ECF again?

I agree PG13 would be a great fit here but he's gone dude. He wants to be a Faker (kinda makes sense). We all have to give up the PG fantasy.

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2017, 08:04:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Even without Hayward (which I think is likely, sorry), you have significantly upgraded in starting-5 talent going from Crowder to Porzingis.  That includes some key weak areas for the C's including shooting and rebounding.  I also happen to think Crowder is an overrated defender

Agree.  If this is the case I will be elated, sick of Crowder playing hero ball when the game is on the line.

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2017, 08:22:40 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Even without Hayward (which I think is likely, sorry), you have significantly upgraded in starting-5 talent going from Crowder to Porzingis.  That includes some key weak areas for the C's including shooting and rebounding.  I also happen to think Crowder is an overrated defender

Agree.  If this is the case I will be elated, sick of Crowder playing hero ball when the game is on the line.
Yeah, I'm done with Crowder.  You need better shooting and rebounding at that position.

Thing is, Phil Jackson might want to trade Melo for the #3, in which case you have to match with more than Crowder, but I don't want Melo anyway.

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 08:33:31 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
If this was true Woj would confirm and he hasn't so I don't believe we turned down the offer. 

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2017, 08:37:47 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'd offer Brown, AB and Rozier. No picks. Clears up 2 spots on the wing, and significant salary, for Butler + Hayward. Trade #3 for Porzi.

IT/Smart
Butler/
Hayward/Crowder
Horford/
Porzingis/Zizic

This looks to me like an 8-man rotation that can beat the cavs. Every starter will be an all-star candidate, and then we have two guys off the bench who'd start for most teams in the league.

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 08:44:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2716887-jimmy-butler-rumors-cavaliers-reportedly-notified-sg-wants-to-stay-with-bulls

The Cleveland Cavaliers are still "seriously interested" in trading for Jimmy Butler, but the Chicago Bulls swingman would reportedly prefer to stay in the Windy City.

Citing sources, ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported Tuesday "the Cavaliers have been notified that Butler hopes to stay with the Bulls and would be reluctant to commit his long-term future to Cleveland."

CSN Chicago's Vincent Goodwill first reported Tuesday that Butler "has made it known he wants to stay in Chicago and doesn't want to be moved" even though the Bulls are actively shopping him in advance of Thursday's draft.

Interesting for several reasons:

1) This contradicts an earlier report that he wanted to go to Cleveland, which I thought was kind of fishy from the get-go;

2) It doesn't mention anything about him not wanting Boston;

3) None of this really matters with him having 2+ years on his contract and the Bulls actively wanting to move him due to bad past relationships with him.

I think if Danny wants him, he can have him for a reasonable price, and I don't think this report would scare him off with several years left on his contract. I'm just not sure if that's his true target or not or if he's willing to deal the third pick for him.

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 08:45:18 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Per source, Jimmy Butler has informed Cavs that he wants to stay in Chicago rather than be traded to Cleveland.

david aldridge

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 08:47:48 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I find it rather interesting that he's said he doesn't want to go to a Cleveland and neglected to mention Boston.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 08:49:17 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Per source, Jimmy Butler has informed Cavs that he wants to stay in Chicago rather than be traded to Cleveland.

david aldridge
I wouldn't want to get stuck living in Cleveland either.

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2017, 08:49:47 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Misread