Author Topic: Jackson won't workout in Boston unless...  (Read 16037 times)

Re: Jackson won't workout in Boston unless...
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2017, 07:51:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Not exactly the most glowing endorsement of being a potential Celtic, but he is indicating that he will only work out for the Cs if they keep the pick and promise to take him. That sounds like the opposite of not wanting to play for the franchise.

It's two days from the draft and the Cs don't offer a ton in terms of potential playing time, but at least he is basically saying he would be more than okay if we took him.
That's not much consolation from my perspective.  What does he have to hide?  I thought he was this super-confident dude with an edge and some fire...seems more like a phony to me.

Tatum or Isaac.

Maybe he is tired of individual workouts and knows if not Celtics, the Suns will pick him

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2017, 08:00:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I know many here prefer Tatum, and that totally makes sense; however, let's not preemptively get too down on a guy who in two days may be our best player asset and a fixture of our team for the next 9 years.

Just keep an open mind. These guys are going through a range of emotions right now, are probably exhausted from workouts and interviews, and the agents representing them may have more 'input' than the actual player himself. If Danny/Brad determine that Jackson is the best player in this draft, then I will fully support the decision and so will everybody else when they see the smile on his face and the Cs hat on his big hair.

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2017, 08:06:22 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Not exactly the most glowing endorsement of being a potential Celtic, but he is indicating that he will only work out for the Cs if they keep the pick and promise to take him. That sounds like the opposite of not wanting to play for the franchise.

It's two days from the draft and the Cs don't offer a ton in terms of potential playing time, but at least he is basically saying he would be more than okay if we took him.
That's not much consolation from my perspective.  What does he have to hide?  I thought he was this super-confident dude with an edge and some fire...seems more like a phony to me.

Tatum or Isaac.

Maybe he is tired of individual workouts and knows if not Celtics, the Suns will pick him
Right, he doesn't really want to come here.  He'll get more PT in Phoenix.

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2017, 08:13:29 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Chad Ford @chadfordinsider  6m6 minutes ago

Jackson won't workout in Boston unless the Celtics commit that 1. They're keeping the pick 2. He's their guy at No. 3.

This is laughable to me. Pass.

I like Jackson even more now!

He is playing chess with Danny lol

Of all people you want to play chess with, you choose the guy who's playing 3D chess?

He's doing a Zlatan. The question is, is he as good as Zlatan?

I mean, whats our incentive here? If we promised and he tanked the workout, what now?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2017, 09:09:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
You know..even if Jackson keeps declining meetings 1, 2, 3 times

Ainge just keeps coming back for more.....   Do you guys remember Ainge ever behaving this way?   Never saw this behavior when Dunn declined to workout last season.  He didn't really care

Imo ...  Ainge thinks that Jackson is a special talent.   

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2017, 09:11:04 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Jackson has no free time to work out for us when he's doing this in his spare time:

https://vimeo.com/222410282

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2017, 09:13:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I think he wants to see that ugly jumpshot up close. The form is nasty

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2017, 09:21:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Jackson has no free time to work out for us when he's doing this in his spare time:

https://vimeo.com/222410282
I'll take "things Josh jackson has never done" for 500
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2017, 09:24:46 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ugh...just would rather have Tatum but feel like it is going to be Jackson. I think Danny feels Jackson is the best player in the draft and  knew he would be there at three

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2017, 09:40:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Ugh...just would rather have Tatum but feel like it is going to be Jackson. I think Danny feels Jackson is the best player in the draft and  knew he would be there at three

yes

I like Tatum but what worries me about him is that

1. He moves like a center (modern day center)
2. Plays like a guard
does this remind you of anyone?   ;D  ...  tall dude,  that needs a haircut...
Tatum ideal fit for the NBA is at the PF spot.  But he is not a PF...lacks height or length or strength to play the position

Jackson has the size of a legit SF (not 6'5 Jae Crowder) , is explosive like a guard,  thinks the game at a high level (like a pg)... top notch motor.   Only thing is , he shoots like a nba center, especially at the FT line.

If you add everything up,....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:54:02 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2017, 09:50:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Danny will take the defensive player in Jackson. Feeling more and more confident it will be him

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2017, 09:55:40 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

yes

I like Tatum but what worries me about him is that

1. He moves like a center (modern day center)
2. Plays like a guard
does this remind you of anyone?   ;D  ...  tall dude,  that needs a haircut...
Tatum ideal fit for the NBA is at the PF spot.  But he is not a PF...lacks height or length or strength to play the position

Jackson has the size of a legit SF (not 6'5 Jae Crowder) , is explosive like a guard,  thinks the game at a high level (like a pg)... top notch motor.   Only thing is , he shoots like a nba center, especially on the FT line.

If you add everything up,....
You underate tatum's quickness. He's not Jaylen Brown but he is decently quick and would be at least as quick as most power forwards.

Second, the play like a guard think is kinda ridiculous. He played the 4 at Duke and his post up efficiency was in the 94th percentile. He needs to add some weight before he can really play the position full time but he is a 4 at the NBA level.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2017, 09:55:52 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
You know..even if Jackson keeps declining meetings 1, 2, 3 times

Ainge just keeps coming back for more.....   Do you guys remember Ainge ever behaving this way?   Never saw this behavior when Dunn declined to workout last season.  He didn't really care

Imo ...  Ainge thinks that Jackson is a special talent.
DA won't want others know who he like so he can trade down

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2017, 09:59:56 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think Jackson is their pick now that the Lakers traded Russell clearing room for Ball.That's one of two. I don't know if they'll keep Jackson. We won't know that until they draft him. Depends on the offers they get for him. That will be an interesting 10 minutes after the Laker pick.

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2017, 10:01:54 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
I think if Jackson is the pick, they know Hayward is coming.