Author Topic: With All the Speculative Smokescreens/Smoking...  (Read 2145 times)

With All the Speculative Smokescreens/Smoking...
« on: June 20, 2017, 03:36:55 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
someone is going to get cancer (no offense)! It's time we admit and get used to the fact that we have no idea what Danny is going to do!

This is a throw ish at the wall to see if anything sticks and who got it right thread. Post all of your ideas that may be slightly far-fetched but those which could happen within cap/assets. So, no trade ideas for LBJ because that's not going to happen!

My guess is we are going to sign Hayward and use assets to trade for Drummond (#3, Jae, and w/e players/assets needed as filler).

Drummond is my idea that is far-fetched because of scheme and IT4 fit. Would there be space for IT4 (JB) to operate? I think CBS could make it work but I don't know if they would try it at this point because of the way the NBA (GSW) has gone. I think we could beat the Cavs with him but I would guess it would not work as well against GSW.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Re: With All the Speculative Smokescreens/Smoking...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 03:40:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
someone is going to get cancer (no offense)! It's time we admit and get used to the fact that we have no idea what Danny is going to do!

This is a throw ish at the wall to see if anything sticks and who got it right thread. Post all of your ideas that may be slightly far-fetched but those which could happen within cap/assets. So, no trade ideas for LBJ because that's not going to happen!

My guess is we are going to sign Hayward and use assets to trade for Drummond (#3, Jae, and w/e players/assets needed as filler).

Drummond is my idea that is far-fetched because of scheme and IT4 fit. Would there be space for IT4 (JB) to operate? I think CBS could make it work but I don't know if they would try it at this point because of the way the NBA (GSW) has gone. I think we could beat the Cavs with him but I would guess it would not work as well against GSW.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen...

Plus this is basically a trade thread, so this should be moved to Transactions/Ideas/Rumors right?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 03:45:01 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Yeah, that's not gonna happen...

Plus this is basically a trade thread, so this should be moved to Transactions/Ideas/Rumors right?

No, your idea doesn't have to involve a trade at all.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 03:46:20 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I think we are going to draft Tatum or Isaac.

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 03:49:28 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think we will draft Jackson/Tatum and go after Griffin in free agency. Trades are hard to make happen so this way you keep our team intact and add a starting big which we need desperately and the rookie adds wing depth.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I believe Danny draft Tatum, sign Hayward and Bogut or any healthier rental center with MLE.

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 04:05:14 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
I believe Danny draft Tatum, sign Hayward and Bogut or any healthier rental center with MLE.

what was his injury? he never stays healthy. I wonder if Taj would take the MLE.

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 04:10:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Why draft Tatum if we are getting Hayward, they play the same position  SF.   Is he an insurance policy because Hayward is not a done deal.   I would rather see us deal 3 and Crowder for Zinger .

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 04:10:19 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Always happy to participate in a "who got it right" thread.  You can't win if you don't play!

#3, Ainge drafts Tatum, Jackson or Isaac.
No major free agent signings, perhaps a minor FA such as Ibaka.
Re-sign only those needed to fill out the roster -- Jerebko perhaps.
Continue the re-build through the 2018/2019 drafts.
Re-up IT AFTER the season.

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 04:12:12 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

what was his injury? he never stays healthy. I wonder if Taj would take the MLE.

fractured left tibia, no surgery.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 04:50:22 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
After listening to the talking heads most of the day, I hear Butler is definitely in play, and judging from what I hear Boston is not a consideration for him. Why I have no idea. 

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 07:39:37 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
After listening to the talking heads most of the day, I hear Butler is definitely in play, and judging from what I hear Boston is not a consideration for him. Why I have no idea.
Seems odd, huh?  Boston can put together a darn good offer, certainly have more picks than anyone else and you would think the Bulls are ready for the resent button, except of course Wade opted in.  Too bad   ;D