Author Topic: Jackson has been Smoking. It's Tatum.  (Read 3440 times)

Re: Jackson has been Smoking. It's Tatum.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 03:44:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tatum has worked out for Ainge in LA and another time in Boston.

What do Smart, Brown and Rozier have in common? All 3 worked out twice for Boston before the draft.

Ok...but what do Curry and Porzingis have in common prior to being drafted...and the teams that drafted them?
I think you are trying to make the point that players can be drafted even if they don't work out with the team that selects them. This is absolutely true, however your Porzingis example is a bad one since he worked out for New York but refused to work out for Philly.

Anyway, I think using what Ainge has done in the past is a good clue as to what he might do in the future.

phily made a  mistake and  gsw did not

Lets not be the 76ers

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 03:46:20 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

What do Smart, Brown and Rozier have in common? All 3 worked out twice for Boston before the draft.

Ok...but what do Curry and Porzingis have in common prior to being drafted...and the teams that drafted them?
I think you are trying to make the point that players can be drafted even if they don't work out with the team that selects them. This is absolutely true, however your Porzingis example is a bad one since he worked out for New York but refused to work out for Philly.

Anyway, I think using what Ainge has done in the past is a good clue as to what he might do in the future.

I agree with that but one of the problems is would they have worked out Jackson twice if agreed to come in?

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 03:53:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I agree with that but one of the problems is would they have worked out Jackson twice if agreed to come in?

Anybody heard if Danny was able to hail the elusive Jackson and have him come in for a workout already

BJ Armstrong stinks... He should make this happen

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 03:54:47 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73

This is me making fun of myself for predraft Jitters.
 Shout out to Celtics Fan Orlando to changing my mind again.

I think the best point he made was the company Jackson keeps, I have heard also he hangs out with a bunch of knuckleheads. And when you think of what Stevens and Danny are trying to build we don't have any room for knuckleheads.

Tatum is a great kid he's a great scorer. I think that's the way to go, I would love to pick up an additional asset if we can slide down to 5 and still grab him.

KGLL you crazzeee?
Lol

First its Jackson... Now its Tatum?

Be honest...who would you pick? Final answer...

Sheer Talent Jackson.

Considering fit, we selected Jaylen Brown number three last year and he's very similar to Jackson, considering Coach Stevens and his character, considering Jackson has a bad reputation, the pick is Tatum final answer

Ok

Im still undecided

But very much believe Danny would have taken Jackson at 1. Cant say the same for Tatum..

I have Jackson's ceiling as a poor man's Scottie Pippen.  That's an interesting basketball player right there. 

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 02:48:40 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I knew Jackson was smoking something suspicious. Seriously though there was something fishy about this guy. In the final hours I realized Tatum and the Celtics we're a match made in heaven.