Author Topic: Celtics in talks to land Porzingis? (Speculation)  (Read 19045 times)

Re: Celtics in talks to land Porzingis? (Speculation)
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2017, 02:21:23 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I wonder if the Cavs would offer Love, Thompson, and Felder for Porzingis, Anthony, and Noah.
I wonder if the Cavs would offer Love, Thompson, and Felder for Porzingis, Anthony, and Noah.

That would be an insane haul for New York.

What? That would be a terrible trade...

The Knicks would take a step back... What is the point in acquiring Love, when KP is going to end up as a better two-way verison of him.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2017, 02:24:14 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I would trade 3, Crowder, the Mem and Clippers pick for Zinger. That is a lot of value, and I could be talked into including one of our young guards for him as well.

If the knicks played hardball, I would do 3, Crowder, and the Lakers pick. Basically it goes back to us "Only" having the BRK 18 pick. I guess at the end of the day, that means we traded 1 and crowder for a 7'3 unicorn who is super young, and a great fit for out system.
#JKJB

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2017, 02:25:18 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
What great joy to listen to the NY media getting all worked up about this possibility. They are screaming about it.

LOL!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2017, 02:25:23 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I have a question for everyone.

This deal could easily look like #1 + assets for Porzingis.

Is that a good deal for us?

No it is not, and that's why it won't be such a deal.  It could maybe (and I frankly doubt it) be #3 and a player.  It will not be #3, the Lakers pick, and a player.

I have to think Jackson is going to at least want a little more than just the #3, and Crowder..

Especially trading division rivals, and the Lakers/Knicks vs. Celtics rivarly still steaming within the 'Zen,' Master.

By the way, why is Jackson called the Zen Master... He's been anything but Zen, during his tenture at the Knicks helm.  :angel: :police: :police:

__

I would be okay with doing 1 of MEM/Clips pick, Crowder, and #3. If he wanted to add Melo, I would match salaries, and maybe add a second rounder just to sweeten the deal.

He can want that.  If he does, he's not going to get it.  Are the Sixers going to give him more? The Lakers?   Both of those teams seem pretty content.  (Sure, they'd take Porzingis, but not for a top 2 pick plus highly valuable additional pieces.) Maybe the Suns.  The Kings can't beat #3 and Crowder.  Orlando could if Phil is willing to take back Vucevic.  Dieng and #7 doesn't beat Crowder and #3.

There's no way the Celtics would add to that concept.  If they'd even go that high to begin with.

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2017, 02:26:21 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Typical thread where folks overvalue our players / assets, and undervalue the opponent's player.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Celtics in talks to land Porzingis
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2017, 02:28:43 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Porzingis is a perfect fit for Brad's system.   He can shoot, defend and rebound from the Center position

I'll give you defense, but a player who can shoot and rebound? How on Earth does that have anything to do with Brad's system?

;)

Mike

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2017, 02:29:56 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Typical thread where folks overvalue our players / assets, and undervalue the opponent's player.

Which is actually funny to me, because I see it as the opposite.

No it is not, and that's why it won't be such a deal.  It could maybe (and I frankly doubt it) be #3 and a player.  It will not be #3, the Lakers pick, and a player.

I have to think Jackson is going to at least want a little more than just the #3, and Crowder..

Especially trading division rivals, and the Lakers/Knicks vs. Celtics rivarly still steaming within the 'Zen,' Master.

By the way, why is Jackson called the Zen Master... He's been anything but Zen, during his tenture at the Knicks helm.  :angel: :police: :police:

__

I would be okay with doing 1 of MEM/Clips pick, Crowder, and #3. If he wanted to add Melo, I would match salaries, and maybe add a second rounder just to sweeten the deal.

He can want that.  If he does, he's not going to get it.  Are the Sixers going to give him more? The Lakers?   Both of those teams seem pretty content.  (Sure, they'd take Porzingis, but not for a top 2 pick plus highly valuable additional pieces.) Maybe the Suns.  The Kings can't beat #3 and Crowder.  Orlando could if Phil is willing to take back Vucevic.  Dieng and #7 doesn't beat Crowder and #3.

There's no way the Celtics would add to that concept.  If they'd even go that high to begin with.

I could actually see the Suns as a darkhorse candidate, and I actually think they would offer more to be honest...

I don't think people understand while KP isn't in the same stratosphere as AD/KAT. AD/KAT would understandably cost at least 2 BKN picks, and either Lakers/Kings pick or MEM/Clippers pick to even start the conversation.

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Not really know. If you asked me last week for whom I would give up Fultz for, then it would have been a short list. And Porzingis would maybe be on it. So in my opinion we can't give up #3, Lakers '18 + other assets, unless we get something extra back. Apparently the Knicks want to dump contracts (Anthony or Noah) and I like O'Quinn. Furthermore it seems that Jackson likes Crowder a lot and they probably need a (talented) PF back, so give them the rights to Yabusele. The expanded trade offer looks like this:

To the Celtics: #8, Porzingis, Anthony, O'Quinn
To the Knicks: #3, LA Lakers '18, LA Clippers '19, Crowder, Zeller, Yabusele

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2017, 02:34:45 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Unless it's Anthony Davis, no player should pry a high '18 pick from us.

Re: Celtics in talks to land Porzingis
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2017, 02:35:36 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Porzingis is a perfect fit for Brad's system.   He can shoot, defend and rebound from the Center position

I'll give you defense, but a player who can shoot and rebound? How on Earth does that have anything to do with Brad's system?

;)

Mike

CRYING RN

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2017, 02:35:54 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

__

I could actually see the Suns as a darkhorse candidate, and I actually think they would offer more to be honest...

I don't think people understand while KP isn't in the same stratosphere as AD/KAT. AD/KAT would understandably cost at least 2 BKN picks, and either Lakers/Kings pick or MEM/Clippers pick to even start the conversation.

He's not as valuable as either of those two. But he's right there behind them. He's 20.

Lemme ask you this: why would any team trade KP at this point in his career for anything less than 2 VERY high picks, and some other basic nuggets? It makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. And no, pretending like Crowder is an 'asset' does not make any difference. He's only be one of the nuggets, not an asset.

I hear what you're saying -- someone may offer more. But acting like one lottery pick, one wildcard pick years away and Crowder is the limit of what Ainge would (or should) pay is homerism.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2017, 02:37:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

That would be an insane haul for New York.

If by insane you mean terrible, I agree. That's pretty bad value for those guys, especially due to the fact that they have no use at all for them.

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2017, 02:39:41 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

__

He's not as valuable as either of those two. But he's right there behind them. He's 20.

Lemme ask you this: why would any team trade KP at this point in his career for anything less than 2 very good picks? It makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. And no, pretending like Crowder is an 'asset' does not make any difference.....

I hear what you're saying -- someone may offer more. But acting like one lottery pick, one pick years away and Crowder is the limit of what Ainge would (or should) pay is homerism.

That is what makes us fans, and that is why Ainge is sitting in that chair thinking heavily about rational decisions for the future of a team we love and adore.

I definitely think the #3 and Crowder would at least be the starting point.

Regardless, of whatever decision Ainge makes... I trust him fully.

Actually after reading your post again, I can't tell which user your message was directed at. I believe KP is young enough, and cost-controlled, and fits the NBA mold for a prototypical 4, and small ball 5 in today's NBA to warrant at least more than just one nice 'lottery,' pick, and a player...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 02:46:11 PM by Monkhouse »

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2017, 02:44:41 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Knicks would want BRK 18 and #3 from us. We simply shouldn't do that deal. KP is a nice player, but he doesn't look like an elite player who's going to lift us past the Cavs, and we'd still be nowhere near GSW.

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

__

Lemme ask you this: why would any team trade KP at this point in his career for anything less than 2 very good picks? It makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever. And no, pretending like Crowder is an 'asset' does not make any difference.....

I hear what you're saying -- someone may offer more. But acting like one lottery pick, one pick years away and Crowder is the limit of what Ainge would (or should) pay is homerism.

That is what makes us fans, and that is why Ainge is sitting in that chair thinking heavily about rational decisions for the future of a team we love and adore.

I definitely think the #3 and Crowder would at least be the starting point.

Regardless, of whatever decision Ainge makes... I trust him fully.

Starting point? Sure. Ending point? Would be universally panned as a horrible deal for the Knicks.

Another way to look at it....

Q: What NBA GM wouldn't trade Jason Tatum or Josh Jackson, the 4th pick in next year's draft, and Crowder for KP?
A: None.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)