Author Topic: Celtics in talks to land Porzingis? (Speculation)  (Read 19041 times)

Re: Celtics in talks to land Porzingis? (Speculation)
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I do Crowder, Rozier, 3, and Lakers first for Porzingis and number 8 then draft Dennis Smith Jr at 8.

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2017, 02:07:24 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I'm not the biggest fan of Porzingis.  I like him, but probably not enough to meet the Knicks' likely asking price. 

Not giving up the #3, the Lakers '18 or the BKN '18.  Anything else is on the table, but like I said, I doubt the Knicks are interested. 

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Schultz_Report
Following
More
League sources say Phil Jackson wants to dump Joakim Noah's contract as part of a #Porzingis trade. Unclear if it's a deal-breaker. #Knicks

and there it is.   don't see us doing that.

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2017, 02:08:25 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
chultz_Report
Following
More
League sources say Phil Jackson wants to dump Joakim Noah's contract as part of a #Porzingis trade. Unclear if it's a deal-breaker. #Knicks

We could easily work in a third team to take the contract for some othrer draft considerations.

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2017, 02:08:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
chultz_Report
Following
More

And who is that, and why would the Knicks need to toss in Noah's contract, when they were contemplating stretching Anthony's in the first place?

The Knicks aren't stupid. No one is taking on his contract without at least one or two second rounders, or a late first rounder for their troubles...

Why would they make their leverage even more substantially less effective, by trying to procure more of a risk by sprinkling Noah's contract, when their objective is also getting rid of Anthony, too?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2017, 02:10:39 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
chultz_Report
Following
More

And who is that, and why would the Knicks need to toss in Noah's contract, when they were contemplating stretching Anthony's in the first place?

The Knicks aren't stupid. No one is taking on his contract without at least one or two second rounders, or a late first rounder for their troubles...

Why would they make their leverage even more substantially less effective, by trying to procure more of a risk by sprinkling Noah's contract, when their objective is also getting rid of Anthony, too?

How bad is Noah's deal?

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
By now, we should realize that Danny has too many assets and won't be able to trade for anything.
Each time the other GM ask the moon for their best player.
They try to fleece Danny, they hope he'll give up one day and make a bad trade.
This is all a circus right now and I'd like to think that Danny will remain patient, draft someone at 3 and hopefully get Hayward. Next year you draft 2 studs again. It's their lost (see Paul George for example) and Danny's win.

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2017, 02:13:18 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
chultz_Report
Following
More

How bad is Noah's deal?

Roughly 3 years and $54 million give or take. Not sure the exact number but stating this off the top of the doom lol. Confident I am right but can someone confirm that?
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I have a question for everyone.

This deal could easily look like #1 + assets for Porzingis.

Is that a good deal for us?

No it is not, and that's why it won't be such a deal.  It could maybe (and I frankly doubt it) be #3 and a player.  It will not be #3, the Lakers pick, and a player.

I have to think Jackson is going to at least want a little more than just the #3, and Crowder..

Especially trading division rivals, and the Lakers/Knicks vs. Celtics rivarly still steaming within the 'Zen,' Master.

I would've thought so too. But in my experience, saltlover has never been wrong. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2017, 02:15:16 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
chultz_Report
Following
More

How bad is Noah's deal?

One of the worst in league history...

Noah’s been worth 2.3 win shares in 46 games as a Knick.

To make matters worse, and bring things to a perspective... Barngnani registered 2.4 WS over 71 games in 2 seasons.. Noah played 46 games, but only managed to play 22 MPG...

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2017, 02:17:13 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I wonder if the Cavs would offer Love, Thompson, and Felder for Porzingis, Anthony, and Noah. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2017, 02:18:25 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
chultz_Report
Following
More

How bad is Noah's deal?

Pretty bad.  Between $17M-$19M through the '19-'20 season. 

As an aside:  IMO we should be rooting for the Knicks to keep Porzingis and especially Melo.  As currently constructed, they're a bit too good to threaten our BKN and LAL picks but not good enough to make the playoffs.  But if they offload those guys, they have no talent.  They'd be right there with Sacramento and Brooklyn at the bottom of the NBA. 

« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2017, 02:18:35 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
I wonder if the Cavs would offer Love, Thompson, and Felder for Porzingis, Anthony, and Noah.

That would be an insane haul for New York.

« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2017, 02:19:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
those NY teams always over paying old hurt has been stars ......and we have to take on those awful contracts ....LoL.

« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2017, 02:19:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I have a question for everyone.

This deal could easily look like #1 + assets for Porzingis.

Is that a good deal for us?

No it is not, and that's why it won't be such a deal.  It could maybe (and I frankly doubt it) be #3 and a player.  It will not be #3, the Lakers pick, and a player.

I have to think Jackson is going to at least want a little more than just the #3, and Crowder..

Especially trading division rivals, and the Lakers/Knicks vs. Celtics rivarly still steaming within the 'Zen,' Master.

I would've thought so too. But in my experience, saltlover has never been wrong.

Next to BeatLA, Crimson_stallion, Yoki, and Saltlover, who are all members on this forum who I trust in terms of rarely being super biased, and providing great excellent insight/conversations, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say Jackson isn't going to just budge for the 3rd pick and Crowder...

He may have lost some leverage, by coming out and stating KP isn't untouchable, (which is again, a questionable decision by a GM/part share owner,) but he has LITERALLY nothing to lose by holding onto KP, and finding suitors for Melo/Noah.