Author Topic: Celtics in talks to land Porzingis? (Speculation)  (Read 19055 times)

Re: Celtics in talks to land Porzingis
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
3rd pick + Rozier + 2018 Lakers pick should get it done.

Seems like a lot but how often do players like Porzingiz come along?

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 01:10:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
A huge benefit of trading for Porzingis is it wouldn't kill our cap space

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 01:10:44 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
I don't see him as a lock to help a team win a championship. He's also coming off of an ugly sophomore slump. I'd rather get Butler because a Thomas/Butler backcourt is elite and guards are everything in the league right now.

Get Butler and take a crack at an All-Star level Forward in free agency.

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 01:10:55 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
I would guess it's #3 and Bradley.

Bradley is a FA next year.

I bet it's Smart, #3 and LAL 2018...

Either Smart or Crowder. Phil Jackson LOVES Jae Crowder.. I would do either of those deals.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
I don't see him as a lock to help a team win a championship. He's also coming off of an ugly sophomore slump. I'd rather get Butler because a Thomas/Butler backcourt is elite and guards are everything in the league right now.

Sophomore slump? His #'s all went up last year.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 01:12:28 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

JUST GIVE ME SOMEBODY TO IMPROVE US! without mortgaging away our future development of picks.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 01:14:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

By what measure did KP have a sophomore slump?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
if they're looking for a frontline guard and the C's are interested, it would have to be AB in the discussion wouldn't it?

AB for KP and O'Quinn works in the trade checker.  C's would have to probably throw in a couple of firsts.  wouldn't trade #3, the Brooklyn 2018 or the Laker/Sac pick but pretty much any other 2 picks would be up for discussion (assuming Clips and Memphis picks won't be lottery picks at any time we'll get them)

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 01:15:59 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Windhorst tweeted out that Knicks would want a frontline guard in return, plus additional picks for KP, but last time I refreshed, it was deleted...

Lol.

Well apparently this is also in the Yahoo! article, so maybe it was just re-posted?

New York Knicks president Phil Jackson is weighing the possibility of trading Kristaps Porzingis, an idea that’s inspired a frenzy of suitors across the NBA, league sources told The Vertical.

To that possibility, Jackson had a dinner meeting with Arizona forward Lauri Markkanen on Monday night in New York, league sources told The Vertical. Jackson considers Markkanen, a 7-foot jump-shooting forward, a replacement for Porzingis and is considering selecting him with the team’s No. 8 overall pick in Thursday’s NBA draft.

The Knicks are poised to begin listening to rival teams’ pitches on potential Porzingis deals, league sources said.

Around the NBA, the possibility of Jackson trading Porzingis, a uniquely talented and wildly popular 7-foot-3 player, has been met with bewilderment by rival executives eager to make a deal with New York. Since Porzingis – frustrated with the level of dysfunction within the franchise – skipped his season-ending exit meeting, the Knicks haven’t made an attempt to reach or visit him in Europe this summer, league sources told The Vertical.

Porzingis remains determined to play for the Knicks and see his tenure through to success, sources said, but it has become clearer that Jackson has become increasingly intrigued with testing the trade market for Porzingis. The Knicks haven’t been engaging with teams on Porzingis, but that possibility is becoming more intriguing to Jackson between now and Thursday’s draft, league sources said.

New York is determined to acquire a frontline guard, something that a trade for Porzingis could gain for them. Nevertheless, there’s tremendous backlash among Knicks fans over the possibility of trading such a gifted and popular young player, and it’s unclear how that will impact ownership or Jackson’s plans on the matter.

dabg Monk ...you tease ....LOL ..... ;D

now ill be messed up all day wonder n

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 01:16:35 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
I would guess it's #3 and Bradley.

Bradley is a FA next year.

I bet it's Smart, #3 and LAL 2018...

Either Smart or Crowder. Phil Jackson LOVES Jae Crowder.. I would do either of those deals.

Agreed - would hate to give up Smart, but we will have to pay either Avery or Marcus next year and it won't be both...

The Unicorn is worth it

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2017, 01:16:40 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
kinda sucks we just couldn't trade the number 1 pick for him so the knicks could get fultz...

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
Everyone and anything besides Thomas and Brown should be on the table. #3, Lakers pick, Bradley and Crowder I feel would get it done. And I would do that trade in a heartbeat. This guy can be a franchise player for the next 10-15 years.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 01:18:45 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
Title of this thread should be changed. Nothing I've seen indicates that things are this serious..

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2017, 01:19:00 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

JUST GIVE ME SOMEBODY TO IMPROVE US! without mortgaging away our future development of picks.

i luv it !   LM zzz Off .......  we sure as heck deserve SOMEBODY in return for the blood sweat and tears this blog when though with getting#1 ......then the emotion drain of TRADING it off ...double face palm.

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2017, 01:19:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
2017 #3 and Crowder I bet

If knicks ask for anymore...hang up the phone

Then go after hayward

Imagine a lineup of

Horford
Porzingis
Hayward