Author Topic: Woj: Porzingis is not untouchable (Merged)  (Read 14912 times)

Re: Woj: Porzingis is not untouchable (Merged)
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2017, 01:00:57 PM »

Offline Real World

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
If you're the Lakers, don't you have to enter the bidding for the Zinger?   Offer up #2 with D'Angelo, or Clarkson if the Knicks would take it.   The Zinger would be a nice pairing with Randle and Ingram up front, with PG13 reportedly going there next offseason (Maybe Lebron too).  Big men with his skills are hard to come by.

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2017, 01:38:30 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Let me ask it this way.

Some people on here are very high on Tatum dare I say Pierce 2.0.  We've seen the Zinger be Dirk like for a couple seasons now.

Would you trade the possibility of Pierce 2.0 for something we already know is a little like Dirk?  A Pierce 2.0 is tempting to dream on...

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2017, 02:01:47 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Let me ask it this way.

Some people on here are very high on Tatum dare I say Pierce 2.0.  We've seen the Zinger be Dirk like for a couple seasons now.

Would you trade the possibility of Pierce 2.0 for something we already know is a little like Dirk?  A Pierce 2.0 is tempting to dream on...

See, this is the type of thinking that gets you in trouble. Kristaps Porzingis is a very good prospect; he's not going to be the sixth-leading scorer in NBA history.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2017, 02:04:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If you're the Lakers, don't you have to enter the bidding for the Zinger?   Offer up #2 with D'Angelo, or Clarkson if the Knicks would take it.   The Zinger would be a nice pairing with Randle and Ingram up front, with PG13 reportedly going there next offseason (Maybe Lebron too).  Big men with his skills are hard to come by.

We can offer a much better package, starting with our picks, which to a GM are more valuable.

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2017, 02:05:38 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Let me ask it this way.

See, this is the type of thinking that gets you in trouble. Kristaps Porzingis is a very good prospect; he's not going to be the sixth-leading scorer in NBA history.
Neither is Tatum.

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2017, 02:05:50 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Let me ask it this way.

Neither is Tatum.

I agree.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2017, 02:06:24 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Let me ask it this way.

Similarly, Tatum probably isn't going be the second coming of PP.

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2017, 02:07:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
This is my prediction:

Danny will make a Godfather offer to Phil the night of the draft.  No one else can come close to it. Phil will either say yes or no.  Probably no.

But Phil knows that his only chance to get serious value for KP is from the Celtics. And Danny knows that too.  So if some other team tries to negotiate, Phil won't agree to anything unless he checks in with Danny to see how he can best the offer.

Right?

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2017, 02:07:24 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Let me ask it this way.

Neither is Tatum.

I agree.
I think Porzingas will be awesome if his body holds up.  He will look a lot better on a more normal team with no triangle and no Anthony.

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
With the rumors that NY is willing to deal Porzingis and wants a top of the line backcourt player, do you think Danny regrets trading away the first pick now?

I assume that Fultz probably would've been enough, with some other minor assets, to grab Porzingis from NY.

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2017, 01:01:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
With the rumors that NY is willing to deal Porzingis and wants a top of the line backcourt player, do you think Danny regrets trading away the first pick now?

I assume that Fultz probably would've been enough, with some other minor assets, to grab Porzingis from NY.

I did not hear whether Phil liked Fultz. Just that he liked Jackson. This is a couple of months ago.

Not sure how Fultz fits into the triangle offense either.

« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2017, 01:01:51 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
This is my prediction:

Danny will make a Godfather offer to Phil the night of the draft.  No one else can come close to it. Phil will either say yes or no.  Probably no.

But Phil knows that his only chance to get serious value for KP is from the Celtics. And Danny knows that too.  So if some other team tries to negotiate, Phil won't agree to anything unless he checks in with Danny to see how he can best the offer.

Right?

I think Danny takes out a cigarette, smokes half of it, puts it down on the ashtray and tells Phil the deal expires when cigarette is out.  If Phil passes and ever comes back then Danny will offer about half of what was included in the first deal.

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2017, 01:05:38 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Let me ask it this way.

Neither is Tatum.

I agree.
I think Porzingas will be awesome if his body holds up.  He will look a lot better on a more normal team with no triangle and no Anthony.
Nice analogy, but it's not a fair comparison. Porzingis has proven he can play in the NBA.

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2017, 01:15:43 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

This is the risk if dealing so far before the draft. I don't think we have a player (assuming IT is off the table here) the meets the criteria of "top of the line backcourt player". I'm thinking the want a guard in comparable age and has shown enough flashes to think he could be an all-star. I think of a guy like Dennis Schroeder or Zach Lavine.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2017, 02:19:11 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
So, there's a 99.99999999% chance this is bullEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., but some random dude at a forum I go to suggested some friend of a friend told him the Celtics are trading Crowder, #3 and a future first for Zinger and it will be announced later today probably. On the .00000001% chance it happens, you're welcome, lol.