Author Topic: Woj: Porzingis is not untouchable (Merged)  (Read 14918 times)

Re: Woj: Porzingis is not untouchable (Merged)
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2017, 12:14:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/MicahAdams13/status/877196860779266048?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

10 have averaged 18 PPG and 2 Blks PG within 1st 2 seasons.
- 7 are in HOF.
- 2 are Tim Duncan and Anthony Davis.
- Kristaps Porzingis.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2017, 12:17:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
So how would a Porzingis-Horford front court work in your opinions? Great, bad?

I've heard some people say Porzingis is a tad bit overrated and frail. Is that true?

I think with great coaching he can be a LEGIT star though, maybe even a superstar.

If we can't get Anthony Davis anytime the next year or year and a half, Porzingis sounds like a good option. At least call and see what they want. I'm sure Ainge is on the phone right now LOL
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2017, 12:30:38 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
So how would a Porzingis-Horford front court work in your opinions? Great, bad?

I've heard some people say Porzingis is a tad bit overrated and frail. Is that true?

I think with great coaching he can be a LEGIT star though, maybe even a superstar.

If we can't get Anthony Davis anytime the next year or year and a half, Porzingis sounds like a good option. At least call and see what they want. I'm sure Ainge is on the phone right now LOL

This is the modern day twin tower combo. Unlike what Memphis had with ZBo and Gasol, KP and Horford would probably be a neutral on defense but absolutely space the floor and shoot bombs on offense.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2017, 12:31:37 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
The Unicorn is a 7 footer with a silky stroke. Make the trade Ainge, Sign Hayward. THIS to me is a no brainer.

I think #3, Crowder, and a future pick like the Memphis 2019 get it done (maybe one other late first rounder).. Might have to swap Crowder with Brown, if we're getting Hayward you have to do it, Crowder would be a beast off the bench.

GET IT DONE AINGE!

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2017, 12:32:15 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
he really would be Stevens wet dream.  i just have a feeling jackson won't deal him to boston.

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2017, 12:34:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I wonder if you could get Anthony in this trade and lower the cost of acquiring Porzingis.

So something like Porzingis, Anthony, O'Quinn for Zeller, Crowder, and 3 (finalize the trade after the new year and just absorb the extra cost into cap space).  You then either keep Olynyk and/or Jerebko/Johnson or extend and renegotiate Thomas with the remaining cap space.

New Team
PG - Thomas, Rozier
SG - Bradley, Smart
SF - Anthony, Brown
PF - Porzingis, Olynyk, Jerebko
C - Horford, O'Quinn, Zizic

DL - Mickey, Jackson, 37

That team would pose real issues for the Cavs and Warriors given its size and length, especially if the Cavs move Love for Butler or George.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2017, 12:36:18 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Since the trade will likely involve Melo; worst case is that he only goes to Boston without a 3rd team to be involved. Would Melo&KP allow Hayward to sign here? Can someone do the cap math on this? Who do we have to trade for it to happen
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I wonder if you could get Anthony in this trade and lower the cost of acquiring Porzingis.

So something like Porzingis, Anthony, O'Quinn for Zeller, Crowder, and 3 (finalize the trade after the new year and just absorb the extra cost into cap space).  You then either keep Olynyk and/or Jerebko/Johnson or extend and renegotiate Thomas with the remaining cap space.

New Team
PG - Thomas, Rozier
SG - Bradley, Smart
SF - Anthony, Brown

DL - Mickey, Jackson, 37

That team would pose real issues for the Cavs and Warriors given its size and length, especially if the Cavs move Love for Butler or George.

Also solves any potential issues with Crowder and Jaylen in the future; Melo will age out of his role when Jaylen is (hopefully) ready to take the reigns full-time.  The waters would become muddied if Hayward was signed in FA, but I'd much prefer to have Zinger.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2017, 12:40:54 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
Don't want Melo if we can't afford Hayward.
I like Porz, his rookie contract is very good too.
Think about

IT
Brown
Hayward
Porzingis
Horford

Is it a good defensive team?

P.s. i really like tatum, hop3 we can pick him anyway

Re: Woj: Kristaps Porzingis is not untouchable
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2017, 12:43:04 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
This is a guy I would trade the #3 and Lakers pick as well as Crowder for.

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Porzingas/Jerebko(room exception)
Horford/Amir(vet min)/Zizic

If that were the case, wouldn't you have kept the #1 and traded that? The Knicks could have made the trade with Philly if they wanted.

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2017, 12:49:58 PM »

Offline Real World

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'd be all in for the Zinger.  I'd prefer him over Butler or any of the other mid to late 20's stars that have been mentioned.  His talent, size, skills, and age fit in perfectly with the youthful core being put together here. 

Anyone who thinks a single lottery pick, with a role player and fillers, is going to cut it is sorely mistaken.   The Zinger will likely cost as much, or more, than Butler will imo.   I think the #3 this year & one of the other potential lottery picks (either the Nets pick or the Lakers/Kings pick) will have to be part of any deal.   Among other things.

If the Celtics could preserve the Nets pick next year, I'd send the #3 and the Lakers/Kings pick, with players and fillers.  Be that AB, Crowder, Smart, the rights to Yabu, etc... No problem.  I'd keep Jaylen, or sub Jaylen for one of the lottery picks. 

Overrated or not, the Zinger is a hit while the future lottery picks are still gambles.  A big man with his skills able to play at a high level in todays NBA, at what, 20 years old?  He'd be the #1 pick hands down in this draft.

Maybe something like #3, Lakers/Kings, Rozier (or Smart), the rights to Yabu, and a future 1st (Celtics '18 or Clippers '19).

If taking on Melo would soften the cost I'd do that too. 

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2017, 12:50:05 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
From the Knicks point of view, an acceptable trade would probably be based around Jaylen Brown and #3 which would let the Knicks come out of this offseason with 3 quality young prospects to kick start their rebuild. Of course, they might be foolish enough to want established veterans instead.

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2017, 12:50:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546

New Team
PG - Thomas, Rozier
SG - Bradley, Smart
SF - Anthony, Brown

DL - Mickey, Jackson, 37

Also solves any potential issues with Crowder and Jaylen in the future; Melo will age out of his role when Jaylen is (hopefully) ready to take the reigns full-time.  The waters would become muddied if Hayward was signed in FA, but I'd much prefer to have Zinger.
Well there wouldn't be enough cap space for Hayward doing that trade, but Boston could work out a trade with Utah to get it done.  It would have to be something Utah would want so maybe Bradley and a sign and traded Olynyk for Hayward or something like that.  Just need to keep enough cap space to absorb the difference in the salaries above (or I suppose just add in someone like Amir on a 3 year contract where only the first year is guaranteed but at high dollars so he actually does it). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2017, 12:51:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Somewhere out there, Porzingis just informed his agent that he does not want to be traded to Boston. He's already tired of Celtics fans calling him "zinghaaa!!"