Author Topic: Woj: Porzingis is not untouchable (Merged)  (Read 14921 times)

Re: Woj: Porzingis is not untouchable (Merged)
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 11:42:27 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
#3, Lakers pick, Smart and Yabusele for #8 and Porzingis.

Draft Dennis Smith Jr.

Nevermind this trade is dumb I dont want zinger

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 11:42:49 AM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
IfDanny wants him bad enough, no one can outbid us. Sixers would have no interest obviously.

Really hope this rumor is true. Would love to get him. Perfect to play in Stevens system. And his length is incredible.

Re: Woj: Kristaps Porzingis is not untouchable
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 11:44:02 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Low ball offers. You need more.

You're giving up all of your great picks for sure, plus a couple players, imo
I disagree.  He's a successful #4 pick on a good contract.  That to me is worth 2 lottery picks and something else - either a lower first rd pick or two - or a player who you can build with.  But it's either/or not all of the above. 

He's one guy who fills needs but not a franchise guy like Lebron or Durant.

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 11:50:27 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Except for being in the same division and except it being us ( with Phil's anti-Celtic bent), we have the best chance to get Zinger.

Not only do we have the assets, but we have the ability to absorb Melo's contract, without destroying our core.

I could deal with that. Eat Melo's contract to get Zinger.

I'm in.

Brought that up in a different thread. I agree with you we may have to take on Melo but I can live with that. I recall he liked CBS at the all star game.

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 11:50:55 AM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis

I disagree.  He's a successful #4 pick on a good contract.  That to me is worth 2 lottery picks and something else - either a lower first rd pick or two - or a player who you can build with.  But it's either/or not all of the above. 

See, I think he is a franchise guy. You need be to willing to overpay to get him.

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC

See, I think he is a franchise guy. You need be to willing to overpay to get him.

I agree. You have stashed all these picks and good contract for this type of situation.

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2017, 11:54:21 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Are we sure PJ is a savvy enough GM not to get embarrassed by Danny in a trade? Or, actually, stupid question.

Are we sure PJ isn't so petty that he would send Zinger to LA for a lowball offer just to screw us over / promote his beloved Lakers? Is Phil the Manchurian GM in New York?

I'd send #3, BOS 2018 #1, one of our other future first rounders (MEM or LAC), and Jae Crowder. Would be willing to send additional players if necessary, if it leaves us with leftover salary for a Hayward signing and some other smaller FA piece, if available.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2017, 11:55:20 AM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
Any deal will require shipping out Melo so 3 way with Clips or Cavs possible. Unless we absorb his contract in which case bye bye to Hayward. Stevens wanted Melo at trade deadline so that's a possibility.

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 11:57:56 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Except for being in the same division and except it being us ( with Phil's anti-Celtic bent), we have the best chance to get Zinger.

Not only do we have the assets, but we have the ability to absorb Melo's contract, without destroying our core.

I could deal with that. Eat Melo's contract to get Zinger.

I'm in.

Brought that up in a different thread. I agree with you we may have to take on Melo but I can live with that. I recall he liked CBS at the all star game.
That's not a bad thing this team needs scoring Melo fills a huge need. KP and Melo would be awesome and perfect fits on this team.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2017, 12:01:18 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
People are certainly exaggerating what Danny would offer and what it would take in a trade for Zinger. No way he's offering up this year's Philly pick plus 2 more of Jaylen, the Brooklyn pick, and the LA pick.

I'd offer something like:

Porzingis and O'Quinn for Crowder, Rozier, #3, and one or both of the Memphis and LA picks. It's hard to see anyone topping that due to A) our main competitors with enough assets (Philly and LA) not having interest or need for KP, and B) Phil's love affair with Crowder.

That still leaves us the capability of signing Hayward this offseason and still having prime time picks next year:

IT, Smart
AB, Green
Hayward, Brown
KP, O'Quinn
Horford, Zizic

I like the two-way fit and versatility of that team. Lots of small-ball options, too!

Granted: there's also the possibility that taking on Melo is a condition of a trade, which would actually help us since we'd be one of the few teams he'd go to. Still wouldn't offer much more than this, though.

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 12:06:37 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Meh..I don't see Jackson and Danny doing business.

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 12:08:03 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
This tweet has caused me to stop being productive at work.

TP for you, since my productivity died out days ago. Kudos on making it this far.

BTW, this trade is going to take at least two of the big three draft picks. As somebody mentioned above, if the Knicks do this, they are starting from scratch. Someone like AB doesn't do them any good if they have to worry about resigning him in a year.  Crowder becomes interesting for them, though. Veteran on a good contract.

I'd take back Melo. He'll be valuable to a competing team as an expiring contract in 2018-19.

It's going to take two of the big 3 picks and a Crowder to get the deal done, as well as possibly taking back Melo. I'm sold.

Mike

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 12:08:07 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
People are certainly exaggerating what Danny would offer and what it would take in a trade for Zinger. No way he's offering up this year's Philly pick plus 2 more of Jaylen, the Brooklyn pick, and the LA pick.

Porzingis and O'Quinn for Crowder, Rozier, #3, and one or both of the Memphis and LA picks. It's hard to see anyone topping that due to A) our main competitors with enough assets (Philly and LA) not having interest or need for KP, and B) Phil's love affair with Crowder.

That still leaves us the capability of signing Hayward this offseason and still having prime time picks next year:

IT, Smart
AB, Green
Hayward, Brown
KP, O'Quinn
Horford, Zizic

I like the two-way fit and versatility of that team. Lots of small-ball options, too!

Granted: there's also the possibility that taking on Melo is a condition of a trade, which would actually help us since we'd be one of the few teams he'd go to. Still wouldn't offer much more than this, though.

Phil won't trade Kristap without dumping Melo. So I think it's unlikely we can still sign Hayward.

Yes he likes Crowder. He also let it be known about 2 months ago that they like Jackson. So the 3 pick has value to them.

Still think he will hold out for more, including BKN 2018. And I'd consider that so long as top 4 protection and would then slide to the Kings pick if we keep BKN pick.

Porzingis has nearly as much upside as AD and Tiwns and can be cost controlled for a while.

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 12:12:56 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!

IT, Smart
AB, Green
Hayward, Brown
KP, O'Quinn
Horford, Zizic

Phil won't trade Kristap without dumping Melo. So I think it's unlikely we can still sign Hayward.

Yes he likes Crowder. He also let it be known about 2 months ago that they like Jackson. So the 3 pick has value to them.

Still think he will hold out for more, including BKN 2018. And I'd consider that so long as top 4 protection and would then slide to the Kings pick if we keep BKN pick.

Porzingis has nearly as much upside as AD and Tiwns and can be cost controlled for a while.

In that case, Porzingis may not be getting traded at all.

Who will want to take back Melo's contract too? Lakers? Suns? Cavaliers?

There's NO WAY Cleveland even has the assets to pull it off anyways (Zinger + Melo).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2017, 12:13:48 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I'm not sue Melo would have to be attached.  The problem isn't his contract.  There are teams that would take him.   It's getting him to waive his no trade clause.  Plus,  you could get more by dealing both separately.