Author Topic: Coach K just sold me on Tatum  (Read 7272 times)

Re: Coach K just sold me on Tatum
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 08:03:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Every coach totes on his players.   I bet he said nice stuff about Hurley and Danny Ferry, too.

“Danny’s greatest asset is still his mind,” Coach K stated,  “He’ll outthink you every time.”  Hardly ever did Ferry make a move without thinking several more moves ahead. It was like a lightning chess match to him, and he usually outthought and outplayed the opposition.

http://dukereport.com/alumni/looking-back-danny-ferrys-finest-hour-sfortosis/

Mike Krzyzewski thinks former point guard Bobby Hurley's late three-pointer in the 1991 Final Four against a then undefeated UNLV was "the biggest shot I've seen a Duke basketball player make."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/09/coach-k-thinks-bobby-hurley-made-biggest-shot-in-duke-history/1

On Okafor even:

"Jah is one of the greatest kids ever," Krzyzewski said in his post-game interview. "Ever, ever, ever, ever. Look, anybody who pictures that kid as some bad kid, you've got to be kidding me. He is one of the most loving, good kids who has ever happened on this Earth.

"But he did a couple stupid things. Okay, knock him, suspend him, let's move on. But let's not characterize him as that. He is not that. That kid is a special, special human being. And he is a pretty [dang] good basketball player in addition, too."

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2015/12/mike_krzyzewski_goes_all_out_defending_jahlil_okaf.html

So they say nice stuff about almost all their guys.

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 12:33:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Well, there's the nail in Tatum's coffin, lol ;D.

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2017, 01:00:10 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Coach K is a con artist.

All these coaches promote their own players. It helps them in recruiting.

Look, Tatum by all accounts is a decent kid.  But his strength is a mid range game, and that is about it.  Will really struggle playing defense in the NBA.  Jackson will be able to step in day one. Jackson is better than Jaylen Brown now, whom I love.
We get that you're a fan of Jackson, but you don't have to be ridiculous. By no means is he better than Jaylen, and he's barely better than Tatum, if at all (which many people think he's not).

Jackson won't be able to step in day one because Stevens probably doesn't want to run a 4 man offence.

Is my preference for Jackson that obvious? LOL.

Time will tell, but I think if we draft him, Stevens will love him, and want to get him a lot of minutes. Not starting, but a lot.  Brown's and Smart's lack of offensive repertoire did not hurt their minutes as rookies.  This team's culture starts with defense, and if you don't understand how vastly superior Jackson is to Tatum in that realm, I give up.

Yeah it starts with defense, and stalls at defense. We should be looking to break that logjam and improve the offense, not add to the logjam.

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2017, 01:02:46 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Didn't realize NBA was a free throw shooting contest.

You are probably certainly a Jackson fan.

There fixed it for you.

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2017, 01:11:55 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
Coach K also waxed poetic about justice Winslow and Jahlil Okafor.

He said Winslow was like Dwayne Wade and I'm pretty sure he said he was the best wing prospect he'd ever coached.

I think he compared Winslow to Grant Hill