Author Topic: tatum has work ethic and elite character  (Read 4480 times)

Re: tatum has work ethic and elite character
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 07:29:22 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Regarding character, I don't think I would ever draft a guy because he has good character.  I do think bad character is a red flag.  Now Jackson has had some problems.  The question is whether he can move past them.

Pre draft everything gets overblown... Both talent and red flags. A well structured organisation like the celtics with an established winning culture and strong veteran presence should be able to handle a 19yo kid......

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 07:32:14 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
The thing is DA is (should be)  looking for a top3 player for an NBA team and not someone to marry his daughter

What a silly remark!!!! As Jacksons character has been at times smeared
Work ethic and team chemistry are one of the strengths of bostons turnaround
The celts didn't pursue Cousins-character issues can be a massive red flag
I am not making a statement about Jackson -he is a kid and the management will  have vetted him
It is a shame, he is avoiding a Boston workout  and not wanting to play and compete for his time on a winning team.

Don't consider a positive post as anything more than an informational point and topic for discussion not sarcasm
Jack Nicholson said in anger management-"sarcasm is angers ugly cousin" oscar wilde that it is "lowest form of wit"(or was it humor)
Those two quotes opened my eyes into my own character
Sarcastic people are not happy with who they are and lie to say they are happy with themselves. Many think Tatum is a better pick and I am in that camp. We need someone to put the ball in the basket and make a clutch shot and Tatum is the person. TP Rollie. You make this forum a place to come to and read.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 07:49:45 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sarcastic people are not happy with who they are and lie to say they are happy with themselves.

Haha. I think you just described most residents of New England / NY / NJ / Philly as being inherently unhappy liars.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 08:09:31 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Regarding character, I don't think I would ever draft a guy because he has good character.  I do think bad character is a red flag.  Now Jackson has had some problems.  The question is whether he can move past them.

Pre draft everything gets overblown... Both talent and red flags. A well structured organisation like the celtics with an established winning culture and strong veteran presence should be able to handle a 19yo kid......

James Young is not walking through that door.

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 10:01:25 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Sarcastic people are not happy with who they are and lie to say they are happy with themselves.

Haha. I think you just described most residents of New England / NY / NJ / Philly as being inherently unhappy liars.
If they think they are happy and use sarcasm. Yes i sure do believe that with all my heart.
Joy and Anger don't mix.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 10:07:58 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

If they think they are happy and use sarcasm. Yes i sure do believe that with all my heart.
Joy and Anger don't mix.

Sarcasm doesn't have to be angry. As Oscar Wilde said, it's the highest form of intelligence. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 10:15:50 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Tatum has a better chance of being a legit scorer than Jackson. I do not like Jackson's game. He seems to be nothing more than a role player. Boston has about four of those guys already (Smart, Brown, etc)

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 10:19:55 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Joy and Anger don't mix.

Sarcasm doesn't have to be angry. As Oscar Wilde said, it's the highest form of intelligence. ;)

Well I'm very sarcastic, not sure I'm more or less happy than anyone else and am considered honest by my piers. I view sarcasm as a characteristic, happy and anger are emotions, sounds like to much of a blanket statement not even one that could be called a stereotype. Since I tend to be right more than most people I guess that makes you wrong hahaha. ;D 

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 10:22:55 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I am in the Tatum camp as well.  You need scorers in this league.  Golden State has 3 Lights out shooters and Dray Green who is very good as well.  If one gets cold the other 3 pick up the slack.  Having more shooters and scorers helps when one of your top guys have a poor shooting night.  That's why GSW are so dangerous.  If one or even two are having an off night the other 2 are usually blowing up.

Drafting guys like Jackson are great players if you have 1 or 2 in your rotation versus 3-4.  You need scorers and you need them aplenty.  IMO Tatum has fantastic upside in regards to becoming a legit go to scorer.  He has some length and when he puts on some size he will be a nightmare at PF. 

Jackson as amazing athleticism but I just don't see him being a lights out shooter.  His shot needs a lot of work versus Tatum who can make all of the shots.

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 10:33:33 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/876979219980582912

He would be a great pick. I'm fine with Tatum or Isaac. I'm not feeling Jackson. I see some character flaws there when you dont want to workout for a team with the Top 3 pick.

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Just went to The Draft page and noticed that, although we stickied eight players, Tatum wasn't one of them. Doesn't say much about our group predictive abilities if we draft him.

Mike

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
The thing is DA is (should be)  looking for a top3 player for an NBA team and not someone to marry his daughter

I'd never draft Tatum to marry my daughter. He seems like too nice of a guy.

Mike

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
that's cute... CAN HE MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE THOUGH?. guy picked at #3 is going to be looked at as having to ABSOLUTELY be better than the guy that gets picked at #1. this is by Ainge's own doing and reaffirms it with his damage control's logic... so Tatum or Jackson better be pretty effin' good, and I'm going to hold to that Danny's head. He(Tatum/Jackson) isn't going to fly under the radar while underperforming like Marcus Smart .

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2017, 05:38:57 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

What a silly remark!!!! As Jacksons character has been at times smeared
Work ethic and team chemistry are one of the strengths of bostons turnaround
The celts didn't pursue Cousins-character issues can be a massive red flag
I am not making a statement about Jackson -he is a kid and the management will  have vetted him
It is a shame, he is avoiding a Boston workout  and not wanting to play and compete for his time on a winning team.

Don't consider a positive post as anything more than an informational point and topic for discussion not sarcasm
Jack Nicholson said in anger management-"sarcasm is angers ugly cousin" oscar wilde that it is "lowest form of wit"(or was it humor)
Those two quotes opened my eyes into my own character
My take?  I mostly care about character in as such it leads to him becoming a better basketball player.  And yeah, some of the character outlined in his stories suggest just that. 

But if Jackson is still better, then give me Jackson.