Author Topic: tatum has work ethic and elite character  (Read 4492 times)

tatum has work ethic and elite character
« on: June 20, 2017, 04:02:07 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Tatum has a pro work ethic,his father a pro in europe and Tatum already has pro work habits and drive  but not powered by an inner rage-
no matter who we get he already has a mature character
he will fit perfectly with Horford,Avery,Crowder and BRAD
Will quick twitch raw talent be picked over a smooth,skilled player with an impeccable pedigree
and work ethic.
 If character is a skill in this area Tatum is elite-
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 04:10:28 AM by rollie mass »

Re: tatum has work ethic and elite character
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 04:47:14 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
The thing is DA is (should be)  looking for a top3 player for an NBA team and not someone to marry his daughter

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:55:53 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Tatum was raised by his single mom, as his father was overseas but came back in his life later and helped coach his son
His mother continued in school when he was a baby and then law school-
This boy was raised to believe that you could fulfill your dream as his mother fought the poverty of a single mom
,From food deprivation to almost losing the house to foreclosure while continuing school and raising her son-
Tatum was in the gym crack of dawn-he felt the pain of poverty but his mother fueled his dreams with hard work and determination

Tatum has empathy , a rare character trait vs anger driven competitiveness
He is a message of hope ,hard work and you can fulfill your dreams
To me he has superstar character but is that enough to overcome physical talent of Jackson
How much value is there to a player that will be a positive locker room presence,is open minded and coachable-
Maybe even patient like jaylen was last year versus the guy or agent that doesn't even entertain the idea of a tryout
nothing worse than an angry diva off court

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:35:59 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
The thing is DA is (should be)  looking for a top3 player for an NBA team and not someone to marry his daughter

What a silly remark!!!! As Jacksons character has been at times smeared
Work ethic and team chemistry are one of the strengths of bostons turnaround
The celts didn't pursue Cousins-character issues can be a massive red flag
I am not making a statement about Jackson -he is a kid and the management will  have vetted him
It is a shame, he is avoiding a Boston workout  and not wanting to play and compete for his time on a winning team.

Don't consider a positive post as anything more than an informational point and topic for discussion not sarcasm
Jack Nicholson said in anger management-"sarcasm is angers ugly cousin" oscar wilde that it is "lowest form of wit"(or was it humor)
Those two quotes opened my eyes into my own character
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:46:37 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 06:07:39 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think these things are true, it also means his ceiling is lower than Jackson's.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 06:09:50 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Tatum has a pro work ethic,his father a pro in europe and Tatum already has pro work habits and drive
Yeah well, so did Brian Scalabrine.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 06:19:41 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's not Tatum's fault, but I get wary when I hear "elite character" coming out of Duke now. Blame Okafor, who people said the same stuff about. I'm not sure that it's possible to predict which 19 year old kids will take well to becoming instant millionaires, and which won't. Certainly, some kids have more red flags than others, but money can change people.

Work ethic and passion are more transferable, I think. Tatum has obviously worked hard to get where he is.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 06:25:28 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

I am not making a statement about Jackson -he is a kid and the management will  have vetted him
It is a shame, he is avoiding a Boston workout  and not wanting to play and compete for his time on a winning team.

Don't consider a positive post as anything more than an informational point and topic for discussion not sarcasm
Jack Nicholson said in anger management-"sarcasm is angers ugly cousin" oscar wilde that it is "lowest form of wit"(or was it humor)

Silly is to waste a top3 draft pick for a guy whose biggest asset is his character.

99.999% the work ethic and character cards are played because the prospect falls behind in every other actually important aspect of the game

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 06:35:12 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Silly is to waste a top3 draft pick for a guy whose biggest asset is his character.

99.999% the work ethic and character cards are played because the prospect falls behind in every other actually important aspect of the game

If the alternative is Josh Jackson, maybe, just maybe, character is more than relevant.  Then again, JJ doesn't appear willing to countenance the possibility of being drafted by the Celts, so maybe this discussion is moot, unless you like Lavar, er, Lonzo Ball, as our choice at #3 overall. 

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 06:47:25 AM »

Online moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Exactly.  I'm more concerned with court character than off court character.  Jackson is extremely unselfish on the court, while Tatum has been described as a bit of a ball hog by Ford.  And nobody has a better motor and more defensive intensity than Jackson.  Those are the intangibles that I care more about.  It's not like Jackson has shown to have Robert Upshaw character.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 06:55:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
still rather have Boogie and 20 points a game .

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 07:11:16 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
long ago red had picked up  some aging stars Sidney Wicks and Curtis Rowe and they were trouble on the bench and looking to infect jo jo white-Red started drafting Mormons even Rick Weitzman from Brookline- i used to play one on one with him
That was a period of time when cocaine was considered a glamour drug
A lot of rumors were flying around Charles River Park quite a party building pro ahtletes and airline stewardresses
Red stopped that issue-wink wink

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 07:14:51 AM »

Online moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
His on court character sucks though.

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 07:17:12 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
They could have and they said no. Because Cousins is a loser in the mold of Carmelo, etc.

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 07:19:43 AM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
Regarding character, I don't think I would ever draft a guy because he has good character.  I do think bad character is a red flag.  Now Jackson has had some problems.  The question is whether he can move past them.