Author Topic: Tatum is the Smokescreen. It's Jackson.  (Read 8524 times)

Re: Tatum is the Smokescreen. It's Jackson.
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2017, 12:31:27 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Well, if it wasn't already clear that Jackson is a lock to bust:

One name of strong interest for Knicks and Bulls is Josh Jackson

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/877196067237797888
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2017, 12:32:15 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Saw this segment when it happened (a few weeks ago) and really got intrigued about Josh Jackson.  He's basically a better version of Jaylen Brown in just about every aspect? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ydD4v4zNQ4

What does that mean for Jaylen Brown?  No idea but if Josh Jackson is what some think he is, then you get him.

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2017, 12:35:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Saw this segment when it happened (a few weeks ago) and really got intrigued about Josh Jackson.  He's basically a better version of Jaylen Brown in just about every aspect?

What does that mean for Jaylen Brown?  No idea but if Josh Jackson is what some think he is, then you get him.
Except y'know, his shooting, strength, and his athleticism in general is inferior. Jackson is also supposedly a 3/4 (I'm very skeptical about his ability to play the 4), whereas Jaylen is a 3/2. I would much rather Jaylen.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2017, 12:45:57 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Except y'know, his shooting, strength, and his athleticism in general is inferior. Jackson is also supposedly a 3/4 (I'm very skeptical about his ability to play the 4), whereas Jaylen is a 3/2. I would much rather Jaylen.
Where do you get the idea that Jaylen is more athletic and stronger.  No way to prove either position but I strongly disagree.  Josh is just as, if not more athletic that Jaylen and he's stronger than he looks.  And shooting?  Check the stats bud.  For all of Jackson's quirky mechanics, his shooting numbers were better across the board, AND he scored more points that Jaylen (minus FT% that is).  And defense?  Jaylen has the potential to be a good defender while Josh is already there.

As for his position, I know some are suggestion Jackson can play the four but I see a small forward through and through.  And yeah, I would love for Jaylen to develop into a SG, where his size would be above average (versus average).

So I do not have an issue at all drafting Jackson with Jaylen in the fold but some might so I put it out there.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:55:35 PM by droopdog7 »

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2017, 12:47:57 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
If Ainge really does have Hayward in the bag, you'll see that in what he does at the 3. If he does, he'll draft Jackson. And if Jackson's not there, he'll draft Isaacs. The other option is he trades the 3 for Butler or George.

You have to figure he's going to sign Hayward or Griffin, maybe both. If both, he doesn't want any draft picks. Tatum figures in only if he can't sign a scorer.

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2017, 01:05:38 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jackson would be a guy they can take at 3 and then deal to the Knicks or Bulls if they want him. Or they end up keeping him if everything does not work...

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2017, 01:19:23 PM »

Online KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Draft Express said Tatum had a 6" standing reach advantage a year ago. Neither player has grown appreciably in the last year, so I doubt that Jackson's reach is anywhere near Tatum's. He effectively has the length of many guards.

My guess is that 8'3" standing reach you read is bogus. It simply make no Sense.

Jaylen Brown gas a 8'6" standing reach. Jackson is 2" taller.

Jaylen has a 7' wingspan. Jackson is almost 6'10"

Keep reading draft Express you will see that every other measurement of Jackson is 8'9" or almost 8'10"

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2017, 01:27:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Draft Express said Tatum had a 6" standing reach advantage a year ago. Neither player has grown appreciably in the last year, so I doubt that Jackson's reach is anywhere near Tatum's. He effectively has the length of many guards.

My guess is that 8'3" standing reach you read is bogus. It simply make no Sense.

Keep reading draft Express you will see that every other measurement of Jackson is 8'9" or almost 8'10"

8'3 reach?? Lolllll

Yes he has a 8'9-8'10 reach

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2017, 02:37:50 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Yeah, was looking at Jackson and Tatum's measurables and something seemed off.  Tatum is at 8' 10.5" with an inch height advantage and an inch and the same exact 6'11" wingspan from the 2016 hoop summit. 

It doesn't make any sense at all but perhaps someone could explain how it is even possible.

EDIT:  Yeah, just looked at Jackson's other numbers from previous years and see a standing reach of 8'9.5" from 2015.