Author Topic: Tatum is the Smokescreen. It's Jackson.  (Read 8538 times)

Tatum is the Smokescreen. It's Jackson.
« on: June 20, 2017, 01:15:31 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Come on. Jackson has an even worked out with us yet. That is just too strange. Jackson's the far superior player overall. Of course he can't shoot as the basketball Gods will have it.

I have serious concerns about Jason's ability to play defense on the wing in the NBA, and if he can't do that then what does that make him a scoring undersized power forward? 

Jackson is a sure thing, except the jumper, he did avg 38% on three's which is huge.  I made a post a while ago on how he could be the perfect small Ball PF for us.

That still holds true. He also could replace Avery as a Shooting guard. He's a natural small forward, but that gives you an idea of his versitility.

He's better than Butler was at the same age. If he's w good worker he will be better.

Re: Tatum is the Smokescreen. It's Jackson.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 01:17:32 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Horford
 Jackson Crowder
 Hayward Brown
 Bradley Smart
 Thomas Rozier

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:18:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Horford
 Jackson Crowder
 Hayward Brown
 Bradley Smart
 Thomas Rozier
Josh Jackson is not an NBA power forward, let alone a starting NBA power forward. He's weak and not very long, how do you expect him to play PF?? He'd be a Tyrus Thomas power forward.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 01:23:03 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I have concerns about Jackson playing offense. Who's going to respect him at the 3? Or at the end of games, he will be hacked.. It'll be hack-a-jackson all day. 50% ft He has a worse free throw than Shaq
M

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 01:27:30 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I'm a Jackson fan.  Sadly I predict the first surprise of the night will be the Lakers taking him.  Luckily there are good consolation prizes and trade options. 

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 01:30:40 AM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I'm a Jackson fan.  Sadly I predict the first surprise of the night will be the Lakers taking him.  Luckily there are good consolation prizes and trade options.
If Ball falls to us and Danny does not like him. Will he take him? I can imagine that if he falls to 3 the phones are really going to be ringing.

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 01:43:53 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'm a huge Tatum fan and really hope we draft him.  (Full disclosure, I wanted Fultz.)  I won't be disappointed with Jackson though.  He's an awesome athlete.  While he's not big, he is wiry strong.  I think he will be a great defender at multiple positions with a developing jump shot and certainly awesome in transition.

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 01:44:46 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
If Ball falls to us and Danny does not like him. Will he take him? I can imagine that if he falls to 3 the phones are really going to be ringing.

If we miss out on Jackson, give Porzingis a try? 
Ball, Crowder, 2018 Celtics pick and Clippers pick for Porzingis and pick 8....

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 01:45:37 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'm not sure what the logic here is, but I disagree; I think Tatum is the guy and the Jackson stuff is a smokescreen. With Sacramento/Phoenix allegedly obsessed with him, I believe Danny's dream is to trade back still land Tatum. As for the comparison of Jackson to Butler at the same age, that's ridiculous. Butler underwent extreme outlier development. This is like saying that Tyler Ulis is ahead of where Isaiah Thomas was at that age; it's not typical for a second-round 5'9 point guard to develop into a superstar at 28.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 01:55:11 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'm not sure what the logic here is, but I disagree; I think Tatum is the guy and the Jackson stuff is a smokescreen. With Sacramento/Phoenix allegedly obsessed with him, I believe Danny's dream is to trade back still land Tatum. As for the comparison of Jackson to Butler at the same age, that's ridiculous. Butler underwent extreme outlier development. This is like saying that Tyler Ulis is ahead of where Isaiah Thomas was at that age; it's not typical for a second-round 5'9 point guard to develop into a superstar at 28.
exactly correct. the kings apparently want him bad. What better leverage than to pretend to want Jackson as well... Why on earth would Danny actually a worse version of jaylen brown? At least brown makes his free throws

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 02:20:34 AM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
jackson fits the best.  He is uber athletic and has the versatility to guard at least three positions.  He has the best motor of all the top 4 predicted picks, and considering his in-season improvements with his field goal percentages he has a strong work ethic. 

He and Brown can continue to develop behind Crowder while supporting bench with fresh legs and energy.  There should be no rush for this pick to be a star. Patience will reward.

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 02:22:55 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

It's a fact that be Jackson was better than Butler at age 20. That's what scouts do for a living.

He is a much higher rated prospect that is further along in his development than Butler was.

It remains to be seen who will end up being the better player the only point I'm making is Jackson was better at 20 years old.

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 02:28:10 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 One thing that really drives me nuts is Jackson's suppose of lack of length. He's six foot seven shoes off with a 6-10 wingspan and some reports have his standing reach at eight foot nine.

In comparison Tatum is six foot seven with a 6ft 11 wingspan, and he's considered long.

But Jackson can jump over Tatum's head and run circles around him, he's a freak athlete he's long he's wiry he can guard anyone. Tatum might not be able to cover small forwards because if his lack of footspeed.

With Jackson the lack of length thing is pointless. I. Much more worried about his shooting mechanics and FT%>

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 02:32:37 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I have concerns about Jackson playing offense. Who's going to respect him at the 3? Or at the end of games, he will be hacked.. It'll be hack-a-jackson all day. 50% ft He has a worse free throw than Shaq
M

The good news is he Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. 38% from three. The free throw percentage really sucks but everybody's got a weakness even fultz he doesn't play defense where is Jackson is a beast.

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 02:34:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
One thing that really drives me nuts is Jackson's suppose of lack of length. He's six foot seven shoes off with a 6-10 wingspan and some reports have his standing reach at eight foot nine.

In comparison Tatum is six foot seven with a 6ft 11 wingspan, and he's considered long.

But Jackson can jump over Tatum's head and run circles around him, he's a freak athlete he's long he's wiry he can guard anyone. Tatum might not be able to cover small forwards because if his lack of footspeed.

With Jackson the lack of length thing is pointless. I. Much more worried about his shooting mechanics and FT%>
It's hard to say it's pointless if he's supposed to be the starting PF on a team that struggles to rebound and defend the interior.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)