Author Topic: Stein: Cavs trying to assemble a multi-team deal that lands Butler in Cleveland  (Read 24946 times)

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
That's interesting if true. Why would the C's turn down Butler for the third pick?

Also Butler made the All NBA team? He's top 20 but??

Why trade the 3 pick for butler and lose max FA space if we know Gordon Hayward is coming and can keep the 3 pick?

Agreed. But I don't think they know that or perhaps trade enough $ going out so you can get both. Not sure WTH we would do for big men at that point.

Butler has had beef with a lot of people including Tibs over the last few years.

Source on the Thibs beef?

From all reports I've heard, he and Thibs had a good relationship and Butler was against his firing. Minnesota tried to trade for him last year and are rumored to be interested in trading for him this season. Beef couldn't have been that bad...
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I had said at the deadline that I would do something like AB, Crowder, and the Memphis pick. I am not sure if Chicago would be interested in this package, but we could bring in a 3rd team to take AB and send a first this year to Chicago.

I know Chicago previously liked Rozier; if he is the sticking point, I would let him go, as well. I am not interested in trading the #3 or future supposed top 5 picks.

Offline loqo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Irving, Love and Shumpert    FOR     Rondo, Wade, Butler
works in trade machine.

Cavs get Bulls 2017 first round pick.

Cavs need to then add a back up PG who shoots well from outside and a back up Center who shoots well from outside.  They would still have JR Smith, Kyle Korver and Channing Frye for shooting, but
the starters would be very much about defense.  Lebron has complimented Rondo in the past.  And those two IQ's together could really do damage with Butler and Wade alongside.

please tell me that u are joking? irving alone is worth more than whole chicago players and stuff together. even nets would refuse do this type of trade lol

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717290-jimmy-butler-paul-george-cavs-trades-reportedly-off-due-to-kevin-love-interest

Cavs apparently out of the PG/Butler talks now due to Love not attracting enough interest around the league. Good news for us. I guess their last gameplay is Melo, if they can convince him to come.

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717290-jimmy-butler-paul-george-cavs-trades-reportedly-off-due-to-kevin-love-interest

Cavs apparently out of the PG/Butler talks now due to Love not attracting enough interest around the league. Good news for us. I guess their last gameplay is Melo, if they can convince him to come.

This really does not surprise me.  I like Love but with the ephasis on athletic 4s and 5s Love becomes a liability if he's not hitting shots.  When he disappears like he did in game 6 he kills the team.  Players like Butler can shut someone down if their shot is not falling.  Love can rebound but he's not a rim protector.  I think this is why the can't get something done.  Teams would rather have Kyrie.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

This really does not surprise me.  I like Love but with the ephasis on athletic 4s and 5s Love becomes a liability if he's not hitting shots.  When he disappears like he did in game 6 he kills the team.  Players like Butler can shut someone down if their shot is not falling.  Love can rebound but he's not a rim protector.  I think this is why the can't get something done.  Teams would rather have Kyrie.

I think if he had come to Boston instead, Love's value playing under Stevens would have been sky high now.