Author Topic: Stein: Cavs trying to assemble a multi-team deal that lands Butler in Cleveland  (Read 24917 times)

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
If it is a three team trade for Cleveland getting Butler and assuming the Bulls want more than Love is there a possibility that Cleveland deals both Love and Thompson to two different teams? I do not see anyone else on there roster as much value.

Thompson's contract is an albatross.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
I've never seen a player so hellbent on signing with a garbage team.

Right? I still find it hard to believe that he wouldn't entertain re-signing with Boston, Cleveland, San Antonio level teams, but it is a concerning and bizarre report.

Paul George thinks he can win in LA.  ;D ;D ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
At this point..keep the picks and keep drafting young talent. Ride out the storm

Sounds like Bulls are trying to drive up the price of Butler

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
If it is a three team trade for Cleveland getting Butler and assuming the Bulls want more than Love is there a possibility that Cleveland deals both Love and Thompson to two different teams? I do not see anyone else on there roster as much value.

Tristan Thompson is extremely good.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

he isnt. And he is overpaid.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
At this point..keep the picks and keep drafting young talent. Ride out the storm

Sounds like Bulls are trying to drive up the price of Butler
I know right wish we had the number one pick
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cavs have too much money tied up in Love and Thompson

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Irving, Love and Shumpert    FOR     Rondo, Wade, Butler
works in trade machine.

Cavs get Bulls 2017 first round pick.

Cavs need to then add a back up PG who shoots well from outside and a back up Center who shoots well from outside.  They would still have JR Smith, Kyle Korver and Channing Frye for shooting, but
the starters would be very much about defense.  Lebron has complimented Rondo in the past.  And those two IQ's together could really do damage with Butler and Wade alongside. 

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

He's an elite rebounder, the best offensive rebounder in basketball, a proficient interior defender, and an extremely efficient, low-usage offensive player. He is very good.

DKC Clippers

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

He's an elite rebounder, the best offensive rebounder in basketball, a proficient interior defender, and an extremely efficient, low-usage offensive player. He is very good.

He is ok, he is bad in some matchups. He was terrible in the finals because it was a bad matchup for him. He also is limited offensively because of his 49% foul shooting. You want to pay a guy 16 million a year to be a good rebounder and ok defender in most matchups? It is not the worst, but it is not a great contract.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

He is ok, he is bad in some matchups. He was terrible in the finals because it was a bad matchup for him. He also is limited offensively because of his 49% foul shooting. You want to pay a guy 16 million a year to be a good rebounder and ok defender in most matchups? It is not the worst, but it is not a great contract.

I never said it was great, but it's certainly not an albatross. I'd call it a slightly positive asset.

DKC Clippers

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Cavs have too much money tied up in Love and Thompson

And that was ALL Lebron.

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Some rebuilding team full of rookie contract guys and not too much else can afford to overpay veteran role players and need to overpay for anything they get, so look for Sac and Philly to possibly be landing spots for TT in multiplayer deals. The hopeless might run with it for competitiveness' sake, so if Wade and Rondo stay in Chi, maybe TT goes there.

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Probably running into the same issue as with the Pacers - they simply have nothing to offer outside of Love, which these teams like Chicago and Indy don't want.

There's also this:

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876905871472807937?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fchicago-bulls

Sources: Chicago’s price for Jimmy Butler remains elevated, but Minnesota has assets and interest. Sides made preliminary contact this week.

With the Bulter rumors surrounding Boston and the third pick, don't be surprised if they get thrown into the rumor pot with Butler, too.

But talk about an awkward fit in Cleveland, huh? I was sketchy of the George fit, but the Butler fit seems bad at best.
Good get. I would be more worried about the Wolves. A trade based around Wiggins, Lavine, and #7 (Markkanen?) would be a strong bid to start a rebuild. The three are 22, 22, and 20 respectively with plenty of upside. Crowder and Bradley are good players but they are pretty much what they are. Jackson or Tatum, of course, would have great upside.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
ESPN mentioned the Suns with 4 and Bledsoe as a possible landing spot for Love with the Suns assets headed to Chicago for Butler.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip