Author Topic: Stein: Cavs trying to assemble a multi-team deal that lands Butler in Cleveland  (Read 24950 times)

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Well, the Butler chase starting to make more sense:

http://www.indianasportscoverage.com/tracking-the-latest-paul-george-trade-rumors/

On Chris Mannix’s NBC Sports Radio show, Adrian Wojnarowski said that Paul George’s camp is informing teams that he is not going to re-sign with anyone, regardless of who trades for him. He is fully intending to sign with the Lakers in free agency next summer without them giving up substantial assets. The Pacers are calling teams to see what they can get for him but other teams are trying to determine how much is worthwhile to give up.

So much for George wanting to "win."  ::)  If that's the case and he only wants to play for the lottery-bound second worst team in the league, then he's not Celtics material anyways.

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
I've never seen a player so hellbent on signing with a garbage team.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77

http://www.indianasportscoverage.com/tracking-the-latest-paul-george-trade-rumors/

On Chris Mannix’s NBC Sports Radio show, Adrian Wojnarowski said that Paul George’s camp is informing teams that he is not going to re-sign with anyone, regardless of who trades for him. He is fully intending to sign with the Lakers in free agency next summer without them giving up substantial assets. The Pacers are calling teams to see what they can get for him but other teams are trying to determine how much is worthwhile to give up.

So much for George wanting to "win."  ::)  If that's the case and he only wants to play for the lottery-bound second worst team in the league, then he's not Celtics material anyways.

That's a shame. It's also not exactly the classiest thing to do to the Pacers, because his trade value now plummets even further. Maybe he has some bad blood toward the Indiana front office? If I'm the Celtics, I'd still consider making a move for him, but the offer won't be anything close to what it once would have been.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I haven't completely given up on the Butler-in-Green dream, but I'm growing more pessimistic each day.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Anyone else think this is kind of crappy on George's part? He's completely throwing Indy under the bus here. Granted, they should've seen this coming at the deadline and dealt him then, but him essentially refusing to be traded anywhere but LA at the last minute is pretty much a big "F you!" to Indy.

If I was them, I'd threaten to keep him all year and hardly play him. He can take the Keith Bogans route and just get paid to sit at home for all I care if LA is only going to offer pennies on the dollar for him and he kills any other trade scenario. Make them give up at least something of value; otherwise, PG can waste a year of his prime not playing if he wants to throw the organization under the bus like this.

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
And the cupcake of this year class is :
Paul George

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Desperation is a stinky cologne.

If a third team is sufficiently high on Love or Irving, I think it could be done.

I doubt the Cavs would give up Irving for Butler. Why bother? He'd only be an upgrade over Love. Move Lebron to pf keep TT at the 5

I think Butler's a lot better than Kyrie in a vacuum, but Kyrie might be a better fit. To be frank, Butler's not a particularly good fit next to Bron at all.

Honestly, I don't think any of them would fit in a vacuum.

Mike

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
He isn't throwing Indy under the bus. He's giving Indy a chance to trade him for something before he bolts and Indy gets nothing. How is letting Indy know he is leaving throwing them under a bus?

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Yea it's spooky! Guess he thinks Lebron will go with him but Lebron will be a year older and they still wont beat GSW unless their young players really pan out.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
I haven't completely given up on the Butler-in-Green dream, but I'm growing more pessimistic each day.

https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/876908653311295488

Hearing Boston is lurking with #3 and Phoenix is “doing due diligence”, per league sources

Your dream isn't quite dead yet, friend.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
garbage player that never achieved much in the playoffs. He will fit right in with lakers

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77

While I like Butler and would be pleased to see him come to Boston, I think George is both a better player and a better fit with the Celtics. I don't know that Butler moves the needle enough - compared to what we already have both in draft assets and current players - to justify what we'd have to give up in order to get him.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

Me either ... but it's kinda cool to see a top player willing to go to a bad team that he grew up a fan of to help them rebuild and become a top team once again. 

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/876908653311295488

Hearing Boston is lurking with #3 and Phoenix is “doing due diligence”, per league sources

Your dream isn't quite dead yet, friend.

TP.

I might have to do a sports news blackout for a bit.

This weekend drove me insane. Draft night and free agency might get me committed.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
He isn't throwing Indy under the bus. He's giving Indy a chance to trade him for something before he bolts and Indy gets nothing. How is letting Indy know he is leaving throwing them under a bus?

Paul George’s camp is informing teams that he is not going to re-sign with anyone, regardless of who trades for him. He is fully intending to sign with the Lakers in free agency next summer without them giving up substantial assets.

That's like the literal definition of PG throwing Indy under the bus in this situation. He doesn't want LA to give up any substantial assets in a trade for him, so he's killing any other trade possibility.

He's not giving Indy any chance whatsoever at this point, i.e. throwing them under the bus.