Author Topic: Stein: Cavs trying to assemble a multi-team deal that lands Butler in Cleveland  (Read 24945 times)

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Wow:
The Cavaliers, per league sources, have been working today on assembling multi-team trade scenarios to try to acquire Chicago's Jimmy Butler

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/876907779981590528
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Celtics to punt..
See you guys in 2020
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Uhh.. Good luck with that Cleveland.

Great words from a great man

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Desperation is a stinky cologne.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
This isn't good.  Love may allow CLE to be in play for George or Butler. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

If a third team is sufficiently high on Love or Irving, I think it could be done.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I'm sure the Cavs are trying, but I'd be surprised if anyone bites. Not only do teams have very little incentive to help the Cavs get over the hump, but Cleveland has very little in the way of trade assets assuming Irving is untouchable. Does Chicago settle for an even swap of Butler for Kevin Love? I doubt that. Butler and/or Paul George may be traded, but I'd be stunned if either lands in Cleveland.

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Uhh.. Good luck with that Cleveland.

Right? Assuming Love would be rerouted for assets to throw at Chicago? But with GarPax ridiculous asking price... good luck

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Probably running into the same issue as with the Pacers - they simply have nothing to offer outside of Love, which these teams like Chicago and Indy don't want.

There's also this:

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876905871472807937?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fchicago-bulls

Sources: Chicago’s price for Jimmy Butler remains elevated, but Minnesota has assets and interest. Sides made preliminary contact this week.

With the Bulter rumors surrounding Boston and the third pick, don't be surprised if they get thrown into the rumor pot with Butler, too.

But talk about an awkward fit in Cleveland, huh? I was sketchy of the George fit, but the Butler fit seems bad at best.

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

If a third team is sufficiently high on Love or Irving, I think it could be done.

I doubt the Cavs would give up Irving for Butler. Why bother? He'd only be an upgrade over Love. Move Lebron to pf keep TT at the 5

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Going to be difficult for the Cavs, I think I heard on Sirius the other day that they can't trade a pick until like 2021.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930

Lol that's kind of what I took from this, too.

The Indy talks aren't progressing due to Cleveland having nothing to offer outside of Love, so now they reach for Butler, who is an even worse fit with an even bigger price tag.

GM Lebron doing everything he can to stay relevant!

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Just saw that T-Wolves also interested in Butler.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Personally, I think this is just a case of Cleveland making it publicly known that they're kicking the tires here just so they can appease LeBron. He's held that organization hostage for years now, and this is the type of thing the Cavs have to do to keep him happy and/or save face with the fans if LeBron ends up leaving again.

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
But talk about an awkward fit in Cleveland, huh? I was sketchy of the George fit, but the Butler fit seems bad at best.

Yeah George fits in perfectly in Cleveland, Butler is much more iffy. Poor outside shooter, needs to be given ball ands pace to drive/slash.

Unless they're trading Kyrie to get him...

Great words from a great man