Author Topic: Woj: C's deciding between Tatum/Jackson if they keep the pick  (Read 19498 times)

Re: Woj: C's deciding between Tatum/Jackson if they keep the pick
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2017, 06:57:34 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'd prefer Tatum, but I don't think we are getting either.

what do you reckon will happen?

I think we'll trade for Paul George or Butler and sign one of Hayward or Griffin.

what do you think will be given up for such a trade?

#3 pick+Bradley+Rozier+Memphis pick+18' Boston pick.

that much for a rental?

Butler has 2 years left on deal. PG13 will stay with the Celtics when we can pay him the most and Lakers still suck.
We haven't actually heard anything from PG's mouth about having to play in LA.
If we actually trade for PG then Danny will have done his dilligence and PG will agree to re-sign long term.

But yeah, only way deal happens with PG is if he agrees to stay with Celtics...this is obvious to me.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2017, 06:58:08 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

I think we'll trade for Paul George or Butler and sign one of Hayward or Griffin.

that much for a rental?
That's dumb.. i will give them 3 first picks projected outside the lottery, players for salary change
You tell me which team with possibily to make him stay(=possible finals) is willing and can offer more than 3 first rounder
If you can't exchange the salary you agree the deal with the Pacers and sign hayward first and make the trade, that will almost gurantee the Finals everyyear(even if you fail 2018 you got better chance 2019 cause LBJ is aging), and no matter how much he loves LA, LA wont runaway but his prime time in winning it all will, so i belive he will stay

« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2017, 07:34:39 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan

that much for a rental?

Butler has 2 years left on deal. PG13 will stay with the Celtics when we can pay him the most and Lakers still suck.
If we actually trade for PG then Danny will have done his dilligence and PG will agree to re-sign long term.

But yeah, only way deal happens with PG is if he agrees to stay with Celtics...this is obvious to me.

I feel Ainge might want someone in this Draft...
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2017, 07:41:46 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

That's a lot to give up for George with no agreement for extension.  I'd draw the line at Crowder/Zeller/BOS 18/LAC 19.

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2017, 07:44:51 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
oh well, guess we all waiting on Zion to enter the league in 2019 XD
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2017, 08:00:42 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

that much for a rental?

I feel Ainge might want someone in this Draft...
I think he probably feels if he can't get a deal done then he'll be okay with one of Tatum or Jackson. I think Tatum has the footwork and offensive game/size that Ainge will love.

Jackson is a solid prospect but we need a potential 25ppg scorer and Jackson is not that guy, thus Tatum is option A at this stage.

I think Ainge would value the big men in the 2018 draft much more than Fultz in this draft or any of the top 5. Other than Fultz the talent just isn't really there (for me anyway).

So yeah, I'm assuming we have one of Griffin or Hayward already lined up and then one of PG13 or Butler is on the way.

We are basically the hottest team in the NBA right now outside of GSW/Spurs/Cavs as far as being 'championship' caliber for free agents to come and play for all the marbles.

Also it's important to mention that Brad Stevens and Ainge are enormous draw cards and not many Celtics fans or NBA fans understand just how appealing they are as the guys in charge or making a winning roster.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2017, 10:23:24 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Reportedly, Jordan Schultz says the Celtics think Tatum will be the next Paul Pierce, which is why they traded down:

Jordan Schultz
"Boston thinks Jayson Tatum might be Paul Pierce 2.0, which is another reason why Ainge would take him at 3, source tells me."

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/876558456676913153
Deandre Ayton is compared to KG.

it would be so funny if the Brooklyn trade gave us the modern versions of Pierce and KG

Zizic as our new Perk and Brown could be a better version of Posey.

« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I concur with Chambers' take.   I think that Ainge's current plan A is to trade the pick.   You almost never finalize pick swap trades until the night of the draft and after the player you want actually falls to the lower pick.

The only reason you do this trade this early is because you plan on trying to trade #3 before the draft.  So I'm pretty certain that is now the current plan.

But that plan itself now may not be announced until the night of the draft because it, too, may depend on the player that the receiving team wants falling to #3.

If trading the pick falls through, and we actually have to exercise it for ourselves, then I hope we take Tatum.   I'd be okay with a small 'reach' for potential in Isaac.    I'm not personally all that interested in Jackson, Ball or Fox.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Also keep in mind that no matter who Danny picks on draft night, a trade (even one agreed to between the teams) may not actually get executed right away.   

There are still just a ton of possible paths that lead through the forest from here.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don't think Ainge is moving the pick. The pick will bring a player that has more value per dollar than an overpaid butler will

« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2017, 01:31:50 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The Lakers could draft Tatum at the 2 and trade him for George. Tatum is the type of player Bird likes. If Ainge really likes Tatum, he has lost leverage going from 1 to 3. On the other hand, if the Bulls like Jackson, and he is available at the 3, then a trade for Butler is more likely.

What the Lakers do at the 2 may well determine what Ainge does at the 3. He could keep the pick, or trade for George or Butler, depending on what Lakers do.

« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2017, 01:49:01 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I don't think Ainge is moving the pick. The pick will bring a player that has more value per dollar than an overpaid butler will

I don't like butler than much but 14 million per year, 24ppg 6 rpg 5 apg 2spg. Is one of the best values in the league.

8 million for Zeller
 12 million for Amir

Now that's rip off

« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2017, 01:52:48 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
The Lakers could draft Tatum at the 2 and trade him for George. Tatum is the type of player Bird likes. If Ainge really likes Tatum, he has lost leverage going from 1 to 3. On the other hand, if the Bulls like Jackson, and he is available at the 3, then a trade for Butler is more likely.

What the Lakers do at the 2 may well determine what Ainge does at the 3. He could keep the pick, or trade for George or Butler, depending on what Lakers do.

Larry Bird doesn't work for the Pacers anymore.

« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2017, 01:53:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

Bird is no longer with the Pacers.

« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

I don't like butler than much but 14 million per year, 24ppg 6 rpg 5 apg 2spg. Is one of the best values in the league.

8 million for Zeller
 12 million for Amir

Now that's rip off

No way he's overpaid.  He's underpaid based on performance and upward trending numbers.....