Author Topic: We always seem to lose these sweepstakes (Paul George)  (Read 500 times)

We always seem to lose these sweepstakes (Paul George)
« on: June 19, 2017, 01:40:58 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
Since the BK trade back in 2013 a handful of All-Star players have become available, and we still haven't landed one as of yet. I hate to be pessimistic but i don't see us landing George, even though we could probably get him within the hour if we wanted to.

It sucks, but i expect to draft Jackson on Thursday and try and miss for Hayward. Danny Ainge just doesn't seem to have the guts to pony up his draft picks for proven talent, even in the 27-28 age range.

How do you see this George thing going?

Re: We always seem to lose these sweepstakes (Paul George)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 01:44:11 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Since the BK trade back in 2013 a handful of All-Star players have become available, and we still haven't landed one as of yet. I hate to be pessimistic but i don't see us landing George, even though we could probably get him within the hour if we wanted to.

It sucks, but i expect to draft Jackson on Thursday and try and miss for Hayward. Danny Ainge just doesn't seem to have the guts to pony up his draft picks for proven talent, even in the 27-28 age range.

How do you see this George thing going?

Can't "pony up" a lot of assets for a 1 year rental.