Author Topic: Bulls wanted Philly's #3 - Boston now has it  (Read 3068 times)

Bulls wanted Philly's #3 - Boston now has it
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:50:44 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
https://twitter.com/2RONZmakeitRITE/status/876806976327569408

Chi approached Phi.

Phi said nah.  They're good with the youth movement.

Bos likes Butler but isn't giving up the #1 for him

Bos gets the #3...going to go for Butler.

Bos will also try to get Hayward.

So it looks like it could be shaping up.

Re: Bulls wanted Philly's #3 - Boston now has it
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 12:54:06 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Sign me up.

Butler is a legitimate talent. All-NBA, All-Star. Would be a significant upgrade for us on the wing and he can play either the 2 or 3 and is capable of being a secondary ballhandler. He's got the fire and competitiveness to fit right in, not much of a leader but we don't need him to be.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:04:16 PM »

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
What frustrates me about rumor season is that now everyone will believe 100% that Chicago would accept 3 for JB.  It was probably more like 3 + future picks/Saric for JB but since the centerpiece is 3, that's all that gets leaked out.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 01:07:42 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
What frustrates me about rumor season is that now everyone will believe 100% that Chicago would accept 3 for JB.  It was probably more like 3 + future picks/Saric for JB but since the centerpiece is 3, that's all that gets leaked out.

Right. If that was the case JB for #3 only then why wouldn't Philly accept it and turn around and trade JB + LA 2018 for the 1st pick. Then everyone is happy. That is why I don't believe it.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 01:07:45 PM »

Offline Joyride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
#3 + any non Brooklyn or LA/Sac pick + AB, Crowder, JJ, Mickey for Butler

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 01:22:35 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

holy crap how much do you hate the Celtics?

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 01:24:30 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Right. If that was the case JB for #3 only then why wouldn't Philly accept it and turn around and trade JB + LA 2018 for the 1st pick. Then everyone is happy. That is why I don't believe it.

I don't think Philly wants to trade Saric for Butler. Too $$. They see their young core as Embiid, Saric and now Fultz.

I think Ainge has to play Butler vs George. He has to watch the Lakers, who may draft Tatum #2 and trade him for George. Tatum is the type of player Bird likes. George has created an issue for Ainge who has less leverage at the 3 than the 1.

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Must be a closet Bulls fan. Sure they want to trade Philly JB for #3 and you think we should add draft pick(s) AB, Crowder, JJ & Mickey. Maybe we should just give Chicago all of our assets and not get JB at all?

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 01:27:16 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I don't think Philly wants to trade Saric for Butler. Too $$. They see their young core as Embiid, Saric and now Fultz.

I think Ainge has to play Butler vs George. He has to watch the Lakers, who may draft Tatum #2 and trade him for George. Tatum is the type of player Bird likes. George has created an issue for Ainge who has less leverage at the 3 than the 1.

Bird likes?

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 01:28:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

1. You forgot to include Simmons as part of the Sixers core

2. Bird is not GM of the Pacers. He quit a while ago

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 01:31:48 PM »

• Brad Stevens

- Yes I agree that philly wouldn't want to add in Saric/future top picks for Butler, that's why I assume they turned down the trade (rather than straight up 3 for Butler which sounds like an incomplete rumor)

- Bird isn't with Indiana anymore so this doesn't really matter

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 01:46:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Source is a random twitter called  2RONZmakeaRITE

Seems legit

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 01:50:02 PM »

• Brad Stevens
Source is a random twitter called  2RONZmakeaRITE

Seems legit

that random twitter guy posted a video of stephen a. smith saying it, but I agree I still think it doesn't have much validity.

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 01:56:28 PM »

Offline Joyride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3

Must be a closet Bulls fan. Sure they want to trade Philly JB for #3 and you think we should add draft pick(s) AB, Crowder, JJ & Mickey. Maybe we should just give Chicago all of our assets and not get JB at all?

Sorry, not a closet Bulls fan.  Good thing I'm not in charge of the Celts!  Just want Jimmy bad so we can get a title this year.

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 02:26:14 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

I'd do it, especially if there's then still room enough for Blake.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.