Author Topic: If Lakers take Jackson - Wouldn't be surprised if Celtics trade #3 for #5, #10  (Read 5191 times)

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
If the Kings trade up to 3 and Ball is there, I can't see how they wouldn't take Ball.

Well the Celtics would play the chess game

Celtics ask or Kings inquire about #3 pick.  Unless Celtics know its Fox they want. They don't make this trade (as Suns could take Tatum at #4 and Celtics don't come out with anybody they want in the top 5)
No reason to play the chess game.  Just trade the pick if you don't want Ball.  Frankly, I don't see why the Kings would make that trade, unless they want Ball or Jackson.  If they are fine with Fox or someone else, then I just don't see the need for them to trade up.  If Fox goes, 4, then they just take Tatum at 5 and Smith or Frank N. at 10 and they are fine.

Again per rumors they really like Fox more than Smith Jr and Frank N.   Teams need is a future pg to steer the team in the right direction

Team needs new ownership to steer them in the right direction.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
If the Kings trade up to 3 and Ball is there, I can't see how they wouldn't take Ball.

Well the Celtics would play the chess game

Celtics ask or Kings inquire about #3 pick.  Unless Celtics know its Fox they want. They don't make this trade (as Suns could take Tatum at #4 and Celtics don't come out with anybody they want in the top 5)
No reason to play the chess game.  Just trade the pick if you don't want Ball.  Frankly, I don't see why the Kings would make that trade, unless they want Ball or Jackson.  If they are fine with Fox or someone else, then I just don't see the need for them to trade up.  If Fox goes, 4, then they just take Tatum at 5 and Smith or Frank N. at 10 and they are fine.

Again per rumors they really like Fox more than Smith Jr and Frank N.   Teams need is a future pg to steer the team in the right direction

I've seen it reported that the Kings were desperate to move up for Jackson. So it would require Ball to go #2 to LAL, then a phone call to Mcdonough in PHX  to make sure they weren't taking Tatum at #4. But I can see PHX wanting Fox to put next to Booker. Lets them move on from Bledsoe.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just want the Celtics need; more draft picks.   ::)

Well if they were going to pick Tatum or Jackson anyway and either is available at no. 5 why not?

Anyway what I find interesting is who will the Suns pick at no. 4 if both Jackson and Tatum are off the table. Suns fans have told me they think the management will pick a forward.

Forward makes most sense per needs

But if Jackson and Tatum are gone 2, 3 ...  I'm curious as to who they will draft then

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It depends who is left on Ainge player list.   If there are three players left on his top tier list, sure.

If there are only two, maybe.

If there is only one, not a chance.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It depends who is left on Ainge player list.   If there are three players left on his top tier list, sure.

If there are only two, maybe.

If there is only one, not a chance.

from what has been circulating...its between Jackson, Tatum and Ball....

again if Celts choose Fox for the Kings, one of Tatum and Ball will drop to #5

I wouldn't do this trade unless the top tier list is Jackson, Tatum, Ball and Kings want Celtics to take Fox at #3

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If Ball drops to us, and Suns want him badly, I offer to switch (taking Tatum) and pick up Bender. Maybe offer to give them an additional future pick, not BKL or LAK.

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
If Ball drops to us, and Suns want him badly, I offer to switch (taking Tatum) and pick up Bender. Maybe offer to give them an additional future pick, not BKL or LAK.

Positions aside, I'd still take Jackson/Tatum over Ball. Therefore, I don't care that much about a Phoenix return if we slide one spot. I can't imagine that McDonough wants to give up a valuable lotto pick for one spot. In fact, the marginal savings in paying a #4 over a #3 might make this trade worth it for me.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The kings don't want to trade up. This is widely known, so why do you think this is an option

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The kings don't want to trade up. This is widely known, so why do you think this is an option

Um actually it's been reported for days that they are trying to move up.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-kings-looking-for-deal-to-move-up-to-draft-deaaron-fox/

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Looks like Danny will wait and see who's there at #3 and then solicit the highest bidder. Lots of possibilities.

I think if we still get one of Jackson, Ball or Tatum I'm not going to freak out. If we keep trading down and end up with Lauri Markkanen, I'll have to go into therapy.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The only way I see this happening is if Danny needs two draft picks to send to either Indiana for George or Chicago for Butler. He could then send out #5, #10, Bradley and Crowder for either George or Butler and still have money for Griffin or Hayward.

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
The only way I see this happening is if Danny needs two draft picks to send to either Indiana for George or Chicago for Butler. He could then send out #5, #10, Bradley and Crowder for either George or Butler and still have money for Griffin or Hayward.

I think I like it.  ;D

PG: IT                /  PG: IT                /  PG: IT
SG: Brown        /    SG: Brown        /   SG: Brown
SF: George      /     SF: Hayward    /     SF: Buttler
PF: Griffin      /       PF: George     /      PF: Griffin
 C: Horford   /          C: Horford   /         C: Horford

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Um actually it's been reported for days that they are trying to move up.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-kings-looking-for-deal-to-move-up-to-draft-deaaron-fox/
that isn't a report its a rumor

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
You're assuming they want Jackson at #3 which could be correct though it's hard to say. I don't think they need 2 lottery picks that' just using more cap space.

Celtics have to get a free agent or trade for someone this year while they have cap space. If they don't next summer they will use it on IT/AB/Smart (hopefully not).