Author Topic: If Lakers take Jackson - Wouldn't be surprised if Celtics trade #3 for #5, #10  (Read 5192 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
would you be suprised?  ;D

I think Ainge has 1) decided on a type of "wing" he wants or 2) will draft one of Tatum or Ball if Jackson is taken at #2

Scenerio 1
76ers - Fultz
Lakers - Ball
Celtics - Jackson

Scenerio 2)
76ers- Fultz
Lakers - Jackson

Trade
To Kings : #3 (Fox) , #53, #56
To Celtics: #5, #10, #34

Celtics draft
#5 -   Tatum or Ball (since one will drop with Fox taken at #3)
#10 - Isaac, Markkanen or Smith Jr.  Perhaps take a chance at Giles

* you can also trade the #34, #37 to move up a spot or two from #10  to get the player you want

;)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If the Kings trade up to 3 and Ball is there, I can't see how they wouldn't take Ball. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
IF we aren't going to sign a major free agent or use these picks on a trade, I'd be thrilled to land Tatum and Smith at #5 and #10. But we would be definitely taking the 2020 route at that point.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If the Kings trade up to 3 and Ball is there, I can't see how they wouldn't take Ball.
Yeah, really doubt Ball would fall to 5 (although that's approximately where I rank him).
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Just want the Celtics need; more draft picks.   ::)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
We can then move #5 for 3 future first rounders and #10 for 2 more. Never enough picks  ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I just don't understand how so many people think that automatically Sacramento would be willing to part with #5 & #10 for #3. Where or when did anyone other than several people on this board think that was feasible?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Well the Celtics would play the chess game

Celtics ask or Kings inquire about #3 pick.  Unless Celtics know its Fox they want. They don't make this trade (as Suns could take Tatum at #4 and Celtics don't come out with anybody they want in the top 5)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
IF we aren't going to sign a major free agent or use these picks on a trade, I'd be thrilled to land Tatum and Smith at #5 and #10. But we would be definitely taking the 2020 route at that point.

Don't need to make such a huge jump already

Take these two picks.   

July 1st, speak to Hayward. If he agrees to come but wants max.  You construct/deconstruct the lineup to make it happen.  There is a market for Rozier.  You can unload Zeller while at it (perhaps include two 2 nd round picks)

BUT

if Hayward does not sign, or no other big moves are in the Celtics fortune. Well now you have some insurance with 2 top 10 talents going into next season
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:51:35 AM by triboy16f »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Celtics ask or Kings inquire about #3 pick.  Unless Celtics know its Fox they want. They don't make this trade (as Suns could take Tatum at #4 and Celtics don't come out with anybody they want in the top 5)
No reason to play the chess game.  Just trade the pick if you don't want Ball.  Frankly, I don't see why the Kings would make that trade, unless they want Ball or Jackson.  If they are fine with Fox or someone else, then I just don't see the need for them to trade up.  If Fox goes, 4, then they just take Tatum at 5 and Smith or Frank N. at 10 and they are fine. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
I think the 3 for 5 and 10 deal is one you only consider on draft night.  So, if the Kings want Jackson, you pick him at 3.  Then, if the Suns go Fox at 4, you can trade Jackson for 5 and 10 and take Tatum and still get the 10.  But I wouldn't want the top 4 to go Fultz/Ball/Jackson/Tatum and then be stuck with Fox or Monk or Isaac at 5....too big of a drop off.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I just don't understand how so many people think that automatically Sacramento would be willing to part with #5 & #10 for #3. Where or when did anyone other than several people on this board think that was feasible?

rumor is they are in love with Fox.  Not so much with the other 2 pgs (Smith or Frank N)

One might think this could bite the Celts in azz , in case the Fultz deal future 1st turns into 2019 Kings 1st ....  as Fox is a nice looking pg prospect. 

But you take Ball or Tatum at #3, there is still a more than 50 percent chance Fox lands at #5 anyways. 

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
You want to construct/deconstruct the Boston Celtics lineup for..... Gordon Hayward?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

No reason to play the chess game.  Just trade the pick if you don't want Ball.  Frankly, I don't see why the Kings would make that trade, unless they want Ball or Jackson.  If they are fine with Fox or someone else, then I just don't see the need for them to trade up.  If Fox goes, 4, then they just take Tatum at 5 and Smith or Frank N. at 10 and they are fine.

Again per rumors they really like Fox more than Smith Jr and Frank N.   Teams need is a future pg to steer the team in the right direction

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Well if they were going to pick Tatum or Jackson anyway and either is available at no. 5 why not?

Anyway what I find interesting is who will the Suns pick at no. 4 if both Jackson and Tatum are off the table. Suns fans have told me they think the management will pick a forward.