Author Topic: For all the Josh Jackson supporters....  (Read 20934 times)

Re: For all the Josh Jackson supporters....
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2017, 01:22:16 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Here's a solid write up about Jackson.

https://medium.com/@jzmazlish/age-josh-jackson-and-unexpected-development-158ed2c9a187

This to me is interesting.

Some scouting reports say otherwise, but there is little reason to believe Jackson is a truly elite defensive prospect. His competitiveness and defensive playmaking instincts are awesome, but he lacks length, strength, and awareness. Jackson’s skinny frame in conjunction with his relatively short (6'10) arms and not quite elite athleticism are a big deal. All of the great wing defenders in the league are long, strong, or athletic in a way Jackson is not.
That's what i see as well

Disgree

Yes some of those points are valid..but this scout is pretty much describing Lebron or Durant or Leonard.

Butler has a short wingspan. Wiggins is weak. 

Jackson has a 40 plus inch vertical and elite 2nd jump to make up for his averag wingspan. Jackson strength is underrated. He was playing PF last season and was not outmuscled.   He is wiry strong.  Definitely needs to add more mass though to prepare for the nba

Defensive awareness?  .. this scout has no idea what he is talking about regarding this aspect of Jacksons game. Look at his steals numbers. Also he rarely got beat on backdoor/pnr plays
JJ is a elite athlete and even better leaper yes but that's not enough
NBA won't allow him to dunk and drive-finish like he did in the college
If only he can learn and willing to draw fouls like butler then he will be a star, but if not...

also is there a video shows how good he is in defensive awareness?

Explain then Jaylen Brown performance last season. How many plays did he have near the basket? Plus transition dunks

Jackson is a similar athlete with a higher iq.
I see JB stronger and more skilled in offense and better shooting mechanics while JJ is quicker

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Not a good shooter
Not good handles
Off court issues.

A notch better then obre from the wiz IMO. Just nothing about him screams elite. Dislike him

Kansas lost in the 1st round of the big12 tourney because Jackson was absent

He was the heart of that team
He was more efficient scoring the basketball than tatum (who I really like a lot) and his per 40 numbers actually matchup decently with Fultz

Tatum played far more minutes per game than Jackson, yet Jackson's scoring average was about the same, as I recall. He is way more efficient a player than Tatum.

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2017, 03:33:08 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Not a good shooter
Not good handles
Off court issues.

A notch better then obre from the wiz IMO. Just nothing about him screams elite. Dislike him

He was more efficient scoring the basketball than tatum (who I really like a lot) and his per 40 numbers actually matchup decently with Fultz

Tatum played far more minutes per game than Jackson, yet Jackson's scoring average was about the same, as I recall. He is way more efficient a player than Tatum.
It's because he can crush colleage players into and finish in the paint, he may not able to do so in the NBA

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2017, 03:37:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Not a good shooter
Not good handles
Off court issues.

how efficient is Jackson from the free throw? 50%? Real efficient there

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2017, 07:42:25 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Here's a solid write up about Jackson.

https://medium.com/@jzmazlish/age-josh-jackson-and-unexpected-development-158ed2c9a187

This to me is interesting.

Medium.com?????????????????????????? LOL do they use psychics because that website sure as heck is not using facts.

That is all you could come up with, I could have posted 10 more articles saying Jackson is going to be a solid defender.

It's because he can crush colleage players into and finish in the paint, he may not able to do so in the NBA

We have seen a ton of guys thrive in the Duke System but fail in the pros.   Want me list them?   We can go there, pretty easy if you want?

As for not seeing the guy practice for us, the last time we drafted a Kansas guy who did not practice for us it worked out pretty well for us ....

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2017, 07:43:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
The whole "duke players fail" is ridiculous. Kyrie irving, jabari parker, Rodney hood, austin rivers, are all good players.

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2017, 07:46:14 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Not a good shooter
Not good handles
Off court issues.

how efficient is Jackson from the free throw? 50%? Real efficient there
Obviously a concern and you also have to note the Jackson didn't begin the season with an injury and he played with the npoy as his pg while Tatum dealt with an early injury then the coach k injury then the Grayson alllen situation and while the offense was very talented they didn't really settle into defined roles till the end of the season at which point Tatum became pretty dominant.

Doesn't change the fact that jackson was a very efficient scorer.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2017, 10:13:31 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
For a player that has all the intangibles that make him a "Danny type of guy".  There is one thing he most certainly lacks...

RESPECT!

This cat won't work out for us or give us the time of day.  Reports of Danny "hoping" and "trying" to get him to even talk to us is straight up insulting.  The greatest and most storied  franchise in basketball has to "hope" and "try" to get you to even talk to them?  Are you kidding me?  It's clear he doesn't want to come here.

All those reports we were hearing about certain players/agents not wanting to play for Boston?  No doubt he was one of them.

We should just draft him now and flip him for the 5th and 10th pick and send him to basketball obscurity....Sacramento.

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2017, 10:20:59 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
For a player that has all the intangibles that make him a "Danny type of guy".  There is one thing he most certainly lacks...

RESPECT!

This cat won't work out for us or give us the time of day.  Reports of Danny "hoping" and "trying" to get him to even talk to us is straight up insulting.  The greatest and most storied  franchise in basketball has to "hope" and "try" to get you to even talk to them?  Are you kidding me?  It's clear he doesn't want to come here.

All those reports we were hearing about certain players/agents not wanting to play for Boston?  No doubt he was one of them.

We should just draft him now and flip him for the 5th and 10th pick and send him to basketball obscurity....Sacramento.

edit:  this dabate is so sub-rational it's beneath me.

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2017, 10:24:59 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72

RESPECT!

This is doltish.  Oh so stupid.  So idiotic, it's impossible to respond rationally.

Must be your way "genius" way of saying u can't.  Instead of taking the time to respond in an insulting manner, you should have used it to prove me wrong.

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2017, 10:05:07 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Jackson supporters are ok with him being a huge liability in the 4th quarter. It'll be hack-a-jackson all quarter long

« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2017, 03:14:06 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Jackson supporters are ok with him being a huge liability in the 4th quarter. It'll be hack-a-jackson all quarter long
His FT shooting will be fine.  His form is fine.  He hit a clutch FT to beat Texas Tech.  It's not like he's spraying FT's all over like DeAndre Jordan. 

« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2017, 03:15:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
His FT shooting will be fine.  His form is fine.  He hit a clutch FT to beat Texas Tech.  It's not like he's spraying FT's all over like DeAndre Jordan.

Under 55 percent is not fine. It is a concern

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2017, 03:15:58 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
The more I think of Josh Jackson the more he reminds me of Josh Smith and the more I don't want him.

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2017, 03:19:38 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Obviously is agent BJ Armstrong doesn't really want the Celtics to pick him. It wasn't too late to work out. Guys have worked out the night before the draft so that's just a lame excuse. I see him as a problem already.

Take Tatum or Issac and live with it. We need more offense anyway.