Author Topic: Smith Jr. Real target?  (Read 1989 times)

Smith Jr. Real target?
« on: June 18, 2017, 06:12:03 PM »

Offline RGow8

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 5
I know we have IT but maybe he is going to be part of some trade. I really think DSJ is going to be best player from this draft, do you think Danny will trade the 3 to the Kings  for 5 and 10 and get DSJ and then a big we need like Collins at 10?  Obviously depends on the Kings agreeing because they want Fox but I would rather have DSJ then Jackson and also pick up a nice big prospect like Collins or even Lauri to replace Kelly in the proccess.

Re: Smith Jr. Real target?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 06:16:05 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Smith will not be the best player in this draft nor is he Ainge's target.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 06:18:08 PM »

Offline RGow8

• Sam Hauser
Smith will not be the best player in this draft nor is he Ainge's target.
Wanna bet? No chance he is not a top 2 player from this draft barring injury.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 06:22:26 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Doubt it. Not sure he is even better as a prospect than Rozier.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 06:22:27 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Hope not.

I'm ok with the trade if it get us Jackson Tatum or Ball. I can also rationalize Isaac or Fox. I'd be devestated if we took Smith.

He's a good prospect in his own right, and I could definitely see Ainge liking him, but I don't see it. I can't justify giving up Fultz for him. I just can't.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 06:29:47 PM »

Offline RGow8

• Sam Hauser
What really man? DSJ was the number one player in the class with Jackson until his injury at end of high school. He got healthy and showed no signs of his explosiveness taking a hit. He is miles ahead of Rozier as a prospect and can run the PNR way better, just better at creating for others. I like Rozier but he isn't a natural PG he's a scorer off the bench and a good rebounder for his size who can't create for others  , DSJ is a way better PG prospect out of college it's not close.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 06:32:58 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I know we have IT but maybe he is going to be part of some trade. I really think DSJ is going to be best player from this draft, do you think Danny will trade the 3 to the Kings  for 5 and 10 and get DSJ and then a big we need like Collins at 10?  Obviously depends on the Kings agreeing because they want Fox but I would rather have DSJ then Jackson and also pick up a nice big prospect like Collins or even Lauri to replace Kelly in the proccess.

There we go again someone saying is Danny gonna trade the #3 for 5 & 10 like it's a given. Why would SAC do that as they are rebuilding? Is there someone at 3 that SAC needs so bad that they give up a #10 just to get this player? Why do so many people feel like it's an automatic yes from SAC to accept the 3 for their 5 & 10. It's just silly.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 06:37:35 PM »

Offline RGow8

• Sam Hauser

There we go again someone saying is Danny gonna trade the #3 for 5 & 10 like it's a given. Why would SAC do that as they are rebuilding? Is there someone at 3 that SAC needs so bad that they give up a #10 just to get this player? Why do so many people feel like it's an automatic yes from SAC to accept the 3 for their 5 & 10. It's just silly.
Ok just tske DSJ at 3 then. But there  are  reports about Sac
loving Fox though and the Suns will take him at 4 if he's there. That's why Sac does it to jump the Suns. Their targets are Ball and Fox and they could
both be gone by 4. Tossing the number Ten pick
is not crazy if they really covet one of those two players.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 06:39:38 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Undersized athletic guard. Of course DA is interested.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 06:52:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
What really man? DSJ was the number one player in the class with Jackson until his injury at end of high school. He got healthy and showed no signs of his explosiveness taking a hit. He is miles ahead of Rozier as a prospect and can run the PNR way better, just better at creating for others. I like Rozier but he isn't a natural PG he's a scorer off the bench and a good rebounder for his size who can't create for others  , DSJ is a way better PG prospect out of college it's not close.

Not convinced of DSJ's PG skills. Nor am I with Rozier. I didn't think DSJ made his teammates better out there. DSJ can create a bit but I think he is closer to Kyrie Irving level passing and PG skills than a proper PG. More of a scoring PG (like Kyrie). That said, DSJ's PG skills as still better than Rozier but I reckon they will be below average at the NBA level.

I look at both guys as scoring PGs. Rozier has gotten off to a slow start in his pro career but I believe in his scoring potential. There are good signs there. Just not consistency. I think Rozier has similar scoring potential as DSJ.

Rozier much more talent as a defender & rebounder.

-------------------------

I go back and forth on DSJ (over last few months). Just not wholly convinced by him. He has some really good things going for him but also some really worrying things about his game too.

I am on a lower ebb with DSJ at the moment (as the Rozier comparison probably shows).

I rate Fox much higher. I love his game. More explosive quickness than DSJ. More playmaking ability. Works better with his teammates. Proper PG.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 06:57:09 PM by Who »