Author Topic: Reports: Celts not expected to be suitors for George, Butler  (Read 13300 times)

Re: Reports: Celts not expected to be suitors for George, Butler
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2017, 08:13:58 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Couldn't put the ball in the basket if you made it 5 feet wide? Check.

Oh my god...[bangs head against wall]

Bradley can shoot.

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2017, 08:17:07 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

Bradley can shoot.

He's talking about Jackson, who shot 38% from three. But his free throw percentage is subpar, so that means he can't shoot. It's such a lazy, bogus take that I just can't even anymore.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2017, 08:25:57 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72

Bradley can shoot.

He's talking about Jackson, who shot 38% from three. But his free throw percentage is subpar, so that means he can't shoot. It's such a lazy, bogus take that I just can't even anymore.

His shot chart SAYS he can't shoot.  Period.  Not speculating but fact

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2017, 09:31:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Bradley can shoot.

It says the opposite. His free throw percentage and his form say he can't shoot. The percentages actually look pretty good on his shot chart. Better than Tatum at every level.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2017, 09:46:54 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
No real substance in the media right now--just a lot of speculation and hearsay. Tough to make sense of any of it. Teams rarely change their minds on the first few picks. They stick to the game plan. The Celtics are in the best position to pull the plug on either George or Butler on draft night, depending on who is available to them at #3 and how the Bulls and Pacers like that pick. The time you might see some action is after the Lakers pick, which everybody now assumes will be Ball. That helps the Celtics. The question is what will they do with Jackson? Will they keep him? Or deal him to the Bulls or Pacers?

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2017, 09:50:33 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I will wait for Steve Bulpett's Wet Blanket....coming any minute now-!

If he doesn't come through, there's always Roy raining on our parade... ;) ;) ;)

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2017, 10:20:03 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
It doesn't say the Celtics won't pursue Butler, just that they won't do so before the draft, which makes sense, because if they want to have cap space to sign a max free agent, they have to sign him first and then they can trade for someone else.

That totally depends on who is going out in a trade for Butler.

If we offer #3, Bradley, and Crowder we can do it before the draft and still have plenty of cap room to sign a max free agent.

The same would work for George, although I doubt we would offer that much for George without an extension in place.

I doubt we would offer that much for Butler either. Imo he's not worth that much.

Apparently Danny doesn't think he's worth that either.

Report: Celtics turned down Bulls' trade offer of Jimmy Butler for No. 3 pick in draft

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-celtics-turned-down-bulls-trade-offer-of-jimmy-butler-for-no-3-pick-in-draft/amp/

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2017, 10:24:13 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72

Bradley can shoot.

It says the opposite. His free throw percentage and his form say he can't shoot. The percentages actually look pretty good on his shot chart. Better than Tatum at every level.

Uhhhhh, ok......

« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2017, 10:24:51 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1556
It doesn't say the Celtics won't pursue Butler, just that they won't do so before the draft, which makes sense, because if they want to have cap space to sign a max free agent, they have to sign him first and then they can trade for someone else.

yeah let's get GH and then see what we can or need to do.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2017, 10:29:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Bradley can shoot.

Uhhhhh, ok......

Sheesh that makes Tatum look awful I suppose. Also turns out I was wrong. Jackson was actually worse from midrange.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2017, 10:31:42 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

yeah let's get GH and then see what we can or need to do.

July 1st will be interesting.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)