Author Topic: Reports: Celts not expected to be suitors for George, Butler  (Read 13305 times)

Re: Reports: Celts not expected to be suitors for George, Butler
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 07:03:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If we are not after George or Butler, the question is, who are we after with all of our trade assets?

Nobody.

Why all the pessimism since the trade? We are likely going after someone.

What makes you think we're targeting somebody?

We made the trade now instead of draft night for a reason. Ainge has been hinting that we are looking to win now for a while now, and reiterated that a few days ago.

And yet there hasn't been a single legit rumor linking the Celtics to a win-now player. Why? It's not like this deal needs to be official before Danny can talk to other teams.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 07:06:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If we are not after George or Butler, the question is, who are we after with all of our trade assets?

Nobody.

We made the trade now instead of draft night for a reason. Ainge has been hinting that we are looking to win now for a while now, and reiterated that a few days ago.

And yet there hasn't been a single legit rumor linking the Celtics to a win-now player. Why? It's not like this deal needs to be official before Danny can talk to other teams.
A lot of Ainges moves have come largely unannounced.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2017, 07:07:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Nobody.

A lot of Ainges moves have come largely unannounced.

Exactly.

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2017, 07:11:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I haven't seen this one yet, so why not throw it at the wall too?

WE'RE TRADING FOR DEMARCUS COUSINS!

Of course I don't believe that. I think we're going to draft Jackson and sign some plan C free agent.

Offseason Expectations two days ago: Fultz and Hayward. Expectations now: Jackson and Gallinari.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2017, 07:14:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
You may be right about Cousins...

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2017, 07:16:38 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Nobody.

Sadly that sounds right. No idea Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. Danny's plan is.  :-\

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2017, 07:16:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Quote from: Chris Mannix
Is a blockbuster, player-heavy deal in the offing? As of now, league sources told The Vertical that isn’t the case.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2017, 07:17:36 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
You may be right about Cousins...

Then could've just traded the Kings some of our scrubs back in February. Pelicans gave up Buddy Hield and a weak package for Cousins. Celtics didn't even need to offer both BKN picks for him that time.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Is a blockbuster, player-heavy deal in the offing? As of now, league sources told The Vertical that isn’t the case.

So if rumors insist it isn't happening doesn't logic dictate it is happening?

Isn't that how it usually works with Ainge?

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

Of course I don't believe that. I think we're going to draft Jackson and sign some plan C free agent.

Offseason Expectations two days ago: Fultz and Hayward. Expectations now: Jackson and Gallinari.

Why would Hayward not be coming now?

If anything, this trade reaffirmed to me that Hayward is coming to Boston, because making space for the max spot was a primary motive of this move.

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2017, 07:20:55 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62

That's the million dollar question right now.

I just don't believe that Ainge is trading the #1 without the intention of making another trade soon. There is going to be a follow up deal, I just can't figure out for whom. It's probably someone no one is currently thinking of.

I think the target is Porzingis, in a trade including picks and players. My first offer would be #3, Crowder, Bradley and another future 1st for Porzingis and Melo

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2017, 07:20:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

No, I think there are generally reports of the Celts trying to do something (although we sometimes don't know what), and Danny denying them.

Here, there's not much smoke at all.

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2017, 07:22:36 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

If anything, this trade reaffirmed to me that Hayward is coming to Boston, because making space for the max spot was a primary motive of this move.
Yeah, don't get that either. I think people are p---ed am just want to moan about Ainge.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2017, 07:24:49 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

No, I think there are generally reports of the Celts trying to do something (although we sometimes don't know what), and Danny denying them.

Here, there's not much smoke at all.
I don't remember smoke around the thomas or Jeff green trades. The Brooklyn trade came together in 1 night and Wojnarowski tweeted that we didn't think we had a chance at Horford 3 minutes before he signed.

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2017, 07:25:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Yeah, don't get that either. I think people are p---ed am just want to moan about Ainge.

I don't think it's moaning. I think it's the logical conclusion after seeing the team commit to future draft picks and reportedly not pursuing win now talent via trade.

Was clearing cap space really a "primary motive" for the trade? I'd rather move Rozier than drop down from 1 to 3.