Author Topic: Idea: Trade with Blazers, Trade for George cheap, Hope we draft Ball, 2018 draft  (Read 744 times)

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
The Blazers have 3 first but no second rounders to help build depth for cheap.  They'd be the first team I'm calling on draft day.  They own the 15th, 20th, 26th picks, the Celtics own 37th, 53th, 56th.  I'd be aiming for the 20th but would take the 26th.

Blazers Trade
20th or 26th which ever they'd give

Celtics Trade
37th, 53th, 56th

This trade I do no matter what.  If we keep the pick I'd draft either Jordan Bell, Caleb Swanigan or Isaiah Hartenstein as another draft and stash.  But the main reason I'm making this trade is for part two of my idea.

I know George just told Pacers he'd be not signing an extension and testing free agency.  This is simply for a try to win now, and not hurt ourselves for the future.  I'd be guessing the Pacers are looking to gain something in return for George if they know they won't resign him. 

Pacers Trade
Paul George

Celtics Trade
Tyler Zeller
Terry Rozier
Jordan Mickey
Demetrius Jackson
Blazers 26th pick
Celtics 2019 1st round pick

The Pacers gain back two 1st round picks, plus a young point guard in Terry Rozier, Mickey is a wild card, while Zeller and Jackson are fillers.  We have a chance to pay George most money, or have a chance to sign another max, close to two next year if George walks, plus Thomas, Bradley and Smart all off the books. 

I know this part will get a lot of hate, but it makes sense in the long run.  We hope the Celtics draft Lonzo Ball at the #3 Pick.  We don't know how Thomas is going to fair after this injury, so we need an insurance policy and since we didn't want Fultz which is a mistake, Ball will work as he's a traditional point guard but can also score.

Celtics Roster
Center - Horford
Power Forward - Crowder
Small Forward - George
Shooting Guard - Bradley
Point Guard - Thomas

Point Guard - Ball
Guard - Smart
Small Forward - Brown
Center - Zizic
Power Forward - Yabusele
Fillers on the roster. Because we'd have the cap room for some free agents

2018 draft has two young freshman that could play a huge piece into Boston's future if we stay put and not trade Brooklyn's pick and Los Angeles Lakers pick.  I'm looking at best case scenario we get the #1 pick with Brooklyn's pick and the #2 with the Los Angeles Lakers pick.  With the Brooklyn's pick we take Michael Porter a small forward/power forward, who's already being talked about as the #1.  With the Lakers pick at #2 we take Mohamed Bamba the freshman center going to Texas. 

The young core being these players would give the Celtics a bright future.  Not including still having Crowder, Horford, plus assuming a combination of either Smart, Bradley, George or Thomas.
Lonzo Ball
Jaylen Brown
Mohamed Bamba
Michael Porter
Ante Zizic
Guerschon Yabusele

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:56:34 PM by Redz »