Author Topic: 2017-18 Lakers Season Watch Thread (27-34, 10th Slot on 3/2)  (Read 221867 times)

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2017, 12:49:40 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Ball destroyed them. 29/11/9...

In 27 fgas with 4 TOs and no defense. Not too impressed given the context. More due to terrible Suns D than anything, which is why yesterday day facing a better D he was shut down. Suns gave this game away.

« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2017, 12:51:49 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Lakers' Big 3 of Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, and Kyle Kuzma just pure domination. These are the young studs that the Celtics will be going up against real soon. Dangerous.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2017, 01:01:54 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Pretend all you want that you wouldn't be talking this game up if it was Tatum but I'm not. The kid played well! I don't care who you play, 29/10/9 is a very good night for anyone let alone someone in his 2nd game of his rookie season.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2017, 01:02:23 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Lakers' Big 3 of Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, and Kyle Kuzma just pure domination.

I heard everyone is just going to quit so they don't have to play them.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2017, 01:10:23 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Pretend all you want that you wouldn't be talking this game up if it was Tatum but I'm not. The kid played well! I don't care who you play, 29/10/9 is a very good night for anyone let alone someone in his 2nd game of his rookie season.

On 27 field goal attempts against a terrible Suns team.

« Reply #170 on: October 21, 2017, 01:12:05 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
Lakers' Big 3 of Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, and Kyle Kuzma just pure domination. These are the young studs that the Celtics will be going up against real soon. Dangerous.

Sarcasm?

« Reply #171 on: October 21, 2017, 01:12:09 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The Lakers did not "win" it. They were not the better team. The suns choked 2 free throws at the end.

« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2017, 01:30:16 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

He was much better at the end if I had to guess he hit about 5 of his last 7 or 8 shots when the game was on the line and an assist or 2. I'm not saying he is great but he had a very good night. Again, if it was Tatum we wouldn't be having this convo!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2017, 01:37:11 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
If it was Tatum people still be talking about the bad Suns defense. Even the Lakers announcers were shocked at how the Suns didn't guard Ball.

« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2017, 02:01:32 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

He was much better at the end if I had to guess he hit about 5 of his last 7 or 8 shots when the game was on the line and an assist or 2. I'm not saying he is great but he had a very good night. Again, if it was Tatum we wouldn't be having this convo!
Tatum isn't the 1st option though, and if he was I'm pretty sure that he'd be nearing rookie Bird stats (not comparing them both a players but with the way how stats are counted nowadays it's easier to get better looking stats).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2017, 02:25:17 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Tatum isn't the 1st option though, and if he was I'm pretty sure that he'd be nearing rookie Bird stats (not comparing them both a players but with the way how stats are counted nowadays it's easier to get better looking stats).

Lol I'm not comparing them at all, unlike you, just because I thought Ball had a very good night that doesn't make it a diss of Tatum. In fact the only reason I mentioned Tatum was in reference to "if it was him." This had nothing to do with him in the context you are trying to use. This isn't a vs. thing, the kid played well and I mentioned it in a thread about his bum team!

« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2017, 02:30:21 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Lakers did not "win" it. They were not the better team. The suns choked 2 free throws at the end.

Both teams played no defense. It was like an All Star game without the top tier talent. Everyone was just padding their stats on both sides for when they have to play the "Real" teams. That Laker pick is gold.

Also 71 free throws in this game...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:38:26 AM by liam »

« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2017, 03:25:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Lol I'm not comparing them at all, unlike you, just because I thought Ball had a very good night that doesn't make it a diss of Tatum. In fact the only reason I mentioned Tatum was in reference to "if it was him." This had nothing to do with him in the context you are trying to use. This isn't a vs. thing, the kid played well and I mentioned it in a thread about his bum team!
Lol that is a comparison imo but Lonzo did play well tonight (although it wasn't as good as Laker fans are hyping about rn). To answer your question I wouldn't be pleased with Tatum if he showed up like this once every 4 or 5 games, and I think Lonzo will come out flat for a few games after this.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2017, 09:49:12 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Lonzo had a great game, but they still gave up 130 to the Suns, and only won by 2.

And Suns may be one of the only few teams this year who could be worse than the Lakers.

So not too worried yet. Also, SAC won last night so they are 1-1 also.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2017, 10:57:35 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Lakers play the Pelicans tonight at home. Being at home is their only chance to hang in this game. Don't think they'll win this one though. The two bigs will dominate the inside game and the boards. The line is NO -3' right now.