Author Topic: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread  (Read 10173 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2017, 12:57:08 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

  • Ray Allen
  • ***
  • Posts: 3871
  • Tommy Points: 237
Is actually probably a good thing. Hey will be a little better we want them to have the 2nd worse record.😉😉😉

It's a bad thing once they add Rajon Rondo. They will be a 10th seed in the West with Rondo/Ball/KCP/Ingram/Lopez

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2017, 12:57:16 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

  • Gordon Hayward
  • Posts: 563
  • Tommy Points: 175
Still worst western conference team.

****ty East teams will have inflated win totals. pick could easily convey.

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2017, 01:02:26 AM »

Offline Rondo9

  • Ray Allen
  • ***
  • Posts: 3768
  • Tommy Points: 175
Is actually probably a good thing. Hey will be a little better we want them to have the 2nd worse record.😉😉😉

It's a bad thing once they add Rajon Rondo. They will be a 10th seed in the West with Rondo/Ball/KCP/Ingram/Lopez

That lineup looks terrible defensively.

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2017, 01:14:44 AM »

Offline JHTruth

  • NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • *
  • Posts: 1636
  • Tommy Points: 78
Is actually probably a good thing. Hey will be a little better we want them to have the 2nd worse record.😉😉😉

It's a bad thing once they add Rajon Rondo. They will be a 10th seed in the West with Rondo/Ball/KCP/Ingram/Lopez


That lineup looks terrible defensively.

I doubt Rondo will even play. There's no way the fan base will let Ball ride the pine behind Rondo and they cant play together as neither can shoot. I'd actually be stoked if Rondo and Ball played together. Guaranteed disaster.

KCP will marginally improve their defense but it still looks like Lakers will still be battling with Kings and Suns for WC cellar

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2017, 02:22:13 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

  • Bill Walton
  • *
  • Posts: 1213
  • Tommy Points: 171
Better them than Brooklyn.
Go Land Crabs

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2017, 02:53:20 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

  • Kyrie Irving
  • Posts: 889
  • Tommy Points: 122
Is actually probably a good thing. Hey will be a little better we want them to have the 2nd worse record.😉😉😉

It's a bad thing once they add Rajon Rondo. They will be a 10th seed in the West with Rondo/Ball/KCP/Ingram/Lopez

Those five can't defend my city team (3rd division Spanish League).

I don't think this is bad news. KCP has signed for one year and a lot of money, so you can see what he's going after. He won't defend and will get a lot of shots, many of them forced, to have a high scoring average and try to flee another team next offseason. Looking beyond our pick, he may even stop the development of Ball and Ingram if he wants the ball too much and doesn't share it.

Maybe I'm being too positive, but I would have cared a little bit more had he gone to the Nets.

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2017, 02:54:38 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

  • NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • ***
  • Posts: 3564
  • Tommy Points: 221
Rondo is not the same player we knew. He has significantly regressed, and his regular season is bad because he doesn't care about reg season. He is still a free agent cuz no team except bottom dwellers want him. Other teams interested a little in rondo were the pelicans and pacers

As for kcp- he was truly worth $18 million, Detroit would have kept him. As he is, good riddance to LA.

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2017, 02:58:48 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

  • NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • ***
  • Posts: 3564
  • Tommy Points: 221
Is actually probably a good thing. Hey will be a little better we want them to have the 2nd worse record.😉😉😉

It's a bad thing once they add Rajon Rondo. They will be a 10th seed in the West with Rondo/Ball/KCP/Ingram/Lopez
if fan bases decided who played, scalabrine would still be playing 40 minutes


That lineup looks terrible defensively.

I doubt Rondo will even play. There's no way the fan base will let Ball ride the pine behind Rondo and they cant play together as neither can shoot. I'd actually be stoked if Rondo and Ball played together. Guaranteed disaster.

KCP will marginally improve their defense but it still looks like Lakers will still be battling with Kings and Suns for WC cellar

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2017, 03:05:29 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

  • Kyrie Irving
  • Posts: 872
  • Tommy Points: 100
Rumors about Ian Clark or Derrick Rose.

Do we want Rose to sign with the Lakers over the Cavs? :D

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2017, 03:18:22 PM »

Offline byennie

  • Don Chaney
  • *
  • Posts: 1726
  • Tommy Points: 229
Is actually probably a good thing. Hey will be a little better we want them to have the 2nd worse record.😉😉😉

It's a bad thing once they add Rajon Rondo. They will be a 10th seed in the West with Rondo/Ball/KCP/Ingram/Lopez

That lineup looks terrible defensively.

It is, but it can't be any worse than one that featured Russell, Young and Williams. Those guys all played 25-30MPG and were among the very worst at their positions defensively. KCP is a massive upgrade over any of them.

Lopez is no DPOY but he's really no worse than Mozgov, even defensively. He's slow and protects the rim, and his DPM is at least average.
---
Lucky17 Yahoo! Points League: Jackalopes
Offseason Tracker

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »

Offline matteo

  • Al Horford
  • Posts: 463
  • Tommy Points: 133
Derrick Rose has committed to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers and completed his physical exam today, league sources tell The Vertical.

not lakers for better or worse

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2017, 07:09:42 PM »

Offline JHTruth

  • NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • *
  • Posts: 1636
  • Tommy Points: 78
Derrick Rose has committed to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers and completed his physical exam today, league sources tell The Vertical.

not lakers for better or worse

I don't see him as a needle mover either way but hey now the Lakes can sign Ian Clark..

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2017, 07:10:14 PM »

Offline JHTruth

  • NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • *
  • Posts: 1636
  • Tommy Points: 78
Is actually probably a good thing. Hey will be a little better we want them to have the 2nd worse record.😉😉😉

It's a bad thing once they add Rajon Rondo. They will be a 10th seed in the West with Rondo/Ball/KCP/Ingram/Lopez

That lineup looks terrible defensively.

It is, but it can't be any worse than one that featured Russell, Young and Williams. Those guys all played 25-30MPG and were among the very worst at their positions defensively. KCP is a massive upgrade over any of them.

Lopez is no DPOY but he's really no worse than Mozgov, even defensively. He's slow and protects the rim, and his DPM is at least average.

Oh it can be much much worse. Ball gets lit up SL scrubs defensively..

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2017, 12:16:52 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

  • NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • ***
  • Posts: 3564
  • Tommy Points: 221
As someone else said, Lakers as high as possible but theoretically #3 or #4 could be more "safe" in terms of conveyance.

#1 pick: 25% chance of #1, 75% chance of 2-4
#2 pick: 20% chance of #1, 80% chance of 2-5
#3 pick: 16% chance of #1, 84% chance of 2-6
#4 pick: 12% chance of #1, 86% chance of 2-6, 2% chance of #7*

* Roughly:
28% chance of 1st pick going to any team in 5-14 position
~25% chance of the next pick doing the same
~23% chance of the next pick doing the same

Re: 2017-2018 LA Lakers Season Watch Thread
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2017, 12:22:12 AM »

Offline byennie

  • Don Chaney
  • *
  • Posts: 1726
  • Tommy Points: 229
Is actually probably a good thing. Hey will be a little better we want them to have the 2nd worse record.😉😉😉

It's a bad thing once they add Rajon Rondo. They will be a 10th seed in the West with Rondo/Ball/KCP/Ingram/Lopez

That lineup looks terrible defensively.

It is, but it can't be any worse than one that featured Russell, Young and Williams. Those guys all played 25-30MPG and were among the very worst at their positions defensively. KCP is a massive upgrade over any of them.

Lopez is no DPOY but he's really no worse than Mozgov, even defensively. He's slow and protects the rim, and his DPM is at least average.

Oh it can be much much worse. Ball gets lit up SL scrubs defensively..

How does not playing much defense in Summer League imply being "much much worse" than players who were already worst in the league? That player doesn't even exist in the league.
---
Lucky17 Yahoo! Points League: Jackalopes
Offseason Tracker