Author Topic: 2017-18 Lakers Season Watch Thread (27-34, 10th Slot on 3/2)  (Read 221948 times)

Re: 2017-18 Lakers Season Watch Thread (21-31, 9th Slot on 2/5)
« Reply #1545 on: February 08, 2018, 01:24:00 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I actually wonder whether they buy out IT. Ball is their PG of the future - they're committed. Would they keep IT to play shooting guard? Play him ahead of Ball? I don't see that.
IT expires in 2 months. No need to buy out

Yeah, I know they don't need to do it for next year's cap. I'm wondering whether they'll let him go look for a spot on a playoff team and won't want to have a (likely) pretty disgruntled player on the bench.

« Reply #1546 on: February 08, 2018, 01:31:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I actually wonder whether they buy out IT. Ball is their PG of the future - they're committed. Would they keep IT to play shooting guard? Play him ahead of Ball? I don't see that.

Yeah, I know they don't need to do it for next year's cap. I'm wondering whether they'll let him go look for a spot on a playoff team and won't want to have a (likely) pretty disgruntled player on the bench.

IT dreamed of being a Laker as a kid.  It’s in both parties best interests to see if he can work it out this year. Who knows, maybe the Lakers continue to go on a run and push towards the playoffs, increasing both sides’ value.

« Reply #1547 on: February 08, 2018, 01:31:54 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

A buyout? So weird to buyout such a tiny contract. Could be a remarkably rare situation where this happens.. C's have space. Just saying..

On an unrelated note, this deadline has me playing like slapstick hillbilly car chase music in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC6lY-5Hi9g

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #1548 on: February 08, 2018, 01:49:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Really excited to see IT and Ball together. I have felt for a long while now that Ball would be better off next to a quick PG. Now LAL has a player who can be that for him. So I am excited to see this happen. To see how they work together.

I think Luke Walton's offense is a good one for Ball and IT too. It is too PG-centric so they should both have plenty of opportunities to play to their strengths to function well together. More of a shared guard responsibilities with each guy playing to his own strengths.

« Reply #1549 on: February 08, 2018, 01:51:58 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Really excited to see IT and Ball together. I have felt for a long while now that Ball would be better off next to a quick PG. Now LAL has a player who can be that for him. So I am excited to see this happen. To see how they work together.

I think Luke Walton's offense is a good one for Ball and IT too. It is too PG-centric so they should both have plenty of opportunities to play to their strengths to function well together. More of a shared guard responsibilities with each guy playing to his own strengths.

Neither Ball or IT are effective without the ball in their hand.  I'm suddenly much more optimistic that the Lakers pick could convey for us in the next draft.

« Reply #1550 on: February 08, 2018, 01:52:53 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

It is clear that IT has lost a step.  He is pretty useless now. 

« Reply #1551 on: February 08, 2018, 02:05:55 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Lol on ESPN IT's agent said he wants a buyout if he's not a starter.

« Reply #1552 on: February 09, 2018, 12:39:21 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Whole thing flipped when LaVar opened his mouth.

« Reply #1553 on: February 09, 2018, 12:58:41 AM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
If only IT can destruct the Lakers too. He can net us Kyrie and a top 5 pick. I am really pulling for IT here. Then in the offseason he comes back here healthy for a discount because this is the only franchise to embrace him.

« Reply #1554 on: February 09, 2018, 01:15:35 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
If only IT can destruct the Lakers too. He can net us Kyrie and a top 5 pick. I am really pulling for IT here. Then in the offseason he comes back here healthy for a discount because this is the only franchise to embrace him.
i read a lot of cavs fans forums threads. Some cavs fans truly thought that IT and Jae were Celtics in disguise as Trojan horses and that they never embraced being cavs, they never got around to being part of the team. Now they’re both traded off the team. Makes you think if they really were a Trojan horse. Ainge meets behind closed doors with IT before the cavs/Celtics game

« Reply #1555 on: February 09, 2018, 01:17:45 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
i read a lot of cavs fans forums threads. Some cavs fans truly thought that IT and Jae were Celtics in disguise as Trojan horses and that they never embraced being cavs, they never got around to being part of the team. Now they’re both traded off the team. Makes you think if they really were a Trojan horse. Ainge meets behind closed doors with IT before the cavs/Celtics game

I think I've seen this more than once this week relative to Boston sports. Josh McDaniels ruining another franchise. Would be funny if this were true- take out the Cavs and Lakers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1556 on: February 09, 2018, 01:22:59 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I think I've seen this more than once this week relative to Boston sports. Josh McDaniels ruining another franchise. Would be funny if this were true- take out the Cavs and Lakers.

« Reply #1557 on: February 10, 2018, 10:59:26 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
The Lakers finally lost again! Definitely going to start rooting for Lakers wins if the gap continues to widen though.

« Reply #1558 on: February 10, 2018, 11:58:36 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Thank you for being a black hole on defense IT. beat by the mavs haha

« Reply #1559 on: February 11, 2018, 12:17:35 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Thank you for being a black hole on defense IT. beat by the mavs haha

Huh??  ???

Seriously? Isaiah had a great game. He's NOT the reason they lost.

Actually, w/o him, Lakers probably lose by double digits
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller