Around the League > Around the NBA

2017-18 Lakers Season Watch Thread (27-34, 10th Slot on 3/2)

(1/325) > >>

Big333223:
Here's how I see the West as of today:

Golden State, San Antonio, and Houston are in no danger of falling out of the playoffs. OKC, Memphis, and Portland should all still be fighting for spots and Dallas isn't giving up yet, either. Denver, New Orleans, and Minnesota are all primed to improve this season.

Utah and the Clippers are question marks because of their free agents this summer but if I exclude those two teams, there are still 10 teams that should easily be better than the Lakers in the West.

The only Western teams I can imagine finishing below the Lakers, right now, are Phoenix and Sacramento.

Here's hoping the can thread the needle, 2-5!

Ogaju:
If there is any modicum of respect for one of the biggest rivalries in the history of competitive sports, most certainly the biggest rivalry in the history of the NBA this thread will be locked.

Surferdad:
TP for the thread.  Good assessment too.

Any thoughts on FAs the Lakers could/will go after?

Ilikesports17:

--- Quote from: Ogaju on June 18, 2017, 05:24:24 PM ---If there is any modicum of respect for one of the biggest rivalries in the history of competitive sports, most certainly the biggest rivalry in the history of the NBA this thread will be locked.

--- End quote ---
What the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. are you talking about?

Big333223:

--- Quote from: Surferdad on June 18, 2017, 05:24:33 PM ---TP for the thread.  Good assessment too.

Any thoughts on FAs the Lakers could/will go after?

--- End quote ---
That's a good question because that could be a game changer.

But I would be surprised if any of the true max guys went to the Lakers this summer. Anyone less than an all star probably doesn't keep them from being the worst defensive team in the league in 2018.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version