Author Topic: Click Bait?: Celts Stockpiling Assets To Make A Run At Anthony Davis 'Soon'  (Read 7833 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
https://www.thescore.com/news/1320766

Please don't bash me.

Yeah it's 99% UNLIKELY. But I'm guessing if the Pelicans realize the AD-Cousins duo isn't working and they are mediocre next season, and AD gets a little frustrated, maybe then Ainge can swoop in with his treasure chest and stashes and make a legit run for AD.

Just thought I'd post this here and see what people think.

(Runs away before the incoming "FAKE NEWS" and pitchfork folks show up regarding this "impossible scenario")  :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:54:25 PM by Roy H. »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Chris Forsberg at ESPN brought up the same idea. Its Recurring theme in some articles.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Chris Forsberg at ESPN brought up the same idea. Its Recurring theme in some articles.
In The Onion or the Borowitz report?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 03:30:24 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This is actually fake news. The report they cite is Mannix saying that Davis is NOT available.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
This is actually fake news. The report they cite is Mannix saying that Davis is NOT available.

Yeah it is but its circulating around other sites too. Like people mention it even if brief.

I did acknowledge its 99% unlikely so don't blame me for this Fake News  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Yeah it is but its circulating around other sites too. Like people mention it even if brief.

I did acknowledge its 99% unlikely so don't blame me for this Fake News  :laugh:

It's irresponsible to circulate this, because it is entirely untrue. The score packages alerts in the most eye-grabbing, misleading way possible. This really isn't fair to people who don't know any better.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lol. If so, Danny is senile.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Anthony Davis is the definition of untouchable.

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
 It would make 100x more sense to trade for Cousins, if that duo isn't working. The price would be much lower and New Orleans could easily write off the experiment. Trading Davis would have to align with "highest price paid ever".

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Best asset in the league.  As untouchable as any one. But I cannot imagine N.O. saying no to:

'17 #3 + BKN '18, LA '18/SAC '19 + whoever they desire among Bradley/Crowder/Smart. 

Declining that offer seems unfathomable.  While he's no Justice Winslow, I can see Ainge making an offer that outrageous for AD. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Best asset in the league.  As untouchable as any one. But I cannot imagine N.O. saying no to:

'17 #3 + BKN '18, LA '18/SAC '19 + whoever they desire among Bradley/Crowder/Smart. 

Declining that offer seems unfathomable.  While he's no Justice Winslow, I can see Ainge making an offer that outrageous for AD.

We would likely add Jaylen and Zizic into that deal, and we have other future 1st rounders to add too. It's a great offer for the Pelicans.

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
I throw our best picks and more on the table for AD.

Dealbreaker is Jaylen Brown, need to keep some good young players.

#3 + BKN'18 + LAK/SAC pick + Zeller + Bradley or Smart or Crowder, whomever they want... Then go after Hayward who really you should sign in Boston if this happens.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
I'm guessing one of those extra #1's (not the likely lottery ones) and maybe Crowder or Rozier get you Boogie.

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Pipedream...

Ain't happening though...

Mark my words..theyd ratherlose him in FA than trade him.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think it's worth the phone call. I have doubts the call gets very far.

Maybe send Horford and stuff