Author Topic: The 3rd pick for Porzingis  (Read 25128 times)

Re: The 3rd pick for Porzingis
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2017, 12:24:09 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2017, 12:32:25 AM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
The Knicks' best bet is to go nuclear and dump their roster, get a top-3 pick this year and next, and gamble on big free agents coming to play in MSG.

Who says they can't sign LeBron, if they manage to clear most of their cap?
#3, #37, DJax, Bradley (expiring) for Lance Thomas (crappy deal), KP.
Send Melo to the Clips for a bag of balls.

De'Aaron Fox / Bradley/ Courtney Lee/ Hernangomez/ O'Quinn

That's a craptastic team which could pick top-3 next year and have money for two max guys.

Common sense.

Thanks for the brilliant insight. I don't think LeBron is going to New York either, but if you're the Knicks you need to start setting your sights that high. They are still the biggest media market in the world with money to spend. Heck, it would be a start just to be in the conversation for a marquee player for the 1st time in a long time.

« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2017, 12:36:54 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
For god sakes can we trade for this guy

« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2017, 12:45:59 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
The Knicks' best bet is to go nuclear and dump their roster, get a top-3 pick this year and next, and gamble on big free agents coming to play in MSG.

That's a craptastic team which could pick top-3 next year and have money for two max guys.

Common sense.

Thanks for the brilliant insight. I don't think LeBron is going to New York either, but if you're the Knicks you need to start setting your sights that high. They are still the biggest media market in the world with money to spend. Heck, it would be a start just to be in the conversation for a marquee player for the 1st time in a long time.

The Knicks are toxic. Their GM publicly criticizes his star players, their owner gets into it with team legends during games. It'll be years and a total reconfiguration of the teams hierarchy before a player of LeBron's caliber gives them a 2nd look no matter what type of money they have.

They need to focus in on their young core and developing them, hire a coach and back him for real, bring in some execs that are capable of building and fostering player relationships. They have to crawl before they walk.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2017, 01:05:33 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Imma be really Unhappy if Danny doesn't step up---and somebody else gets him.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2017, 03:17:48 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
What is the health of this player. Is it concerning that he had Achilles, ankle, thigh and back injury this season?
At 7"3 you have to be concern about that, specially if in 2 years you have to give the guy the full extension contract.

I trust Danny, if the deal isn't done, he'll have his reasons.

Personally I won't give Jaylen.

« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2017, 03:31:41 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
What is the health of this player. Is it concerning that he had Achilles, ankle, thigh and back injury this season?
At 7"3 you have to be concern about that, specially if in 2 years you have to give the guy the full extension contract.

I trust Danny, if the deal isn't done, he'll have his reasons.

Personally I won't give Jaylen.

Yeah, 7'7 wings do not have careers without significant injury. That is really the only problem I have with him, but sheesh, he's almost worth trading for even if it's just for a three year "rookie deal" rental.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2017, 06:26:10 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
So it's #3, Jaylen Brown, and Terry Rozier for the unicorn. Who's in ?

I'm in.

I'd really hate to see Jaylen go, but I'd live with that.

Well this thread has escalated...

That is such a big overpay. Crowder will be involved, Brown absolutely will not be.

Linking rumours (Dennis Smith for example), it seems like the #8 pick might be involved in the trade as well. Porzingis is part of the price to move into the top 4. We may have to give a future pick like the Mem 19 pick in return.

Porzingis and #8 for #3, Crowder, Jackson and a future lottery pick

Highly doubt we give up more than that, Ainge has certainlyu shown a reluctance in the past.

« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2017, 06:33:44 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The Knicks asked for 4 and Booker from the Suns.  The Suns said no but that is the type if value the Knicks want.  The trades being proposed in here aren't going to get it done.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2017, 07:28:34 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Common sense.

The Knicks are toxic. Their GM publicly criticizes his star players, their owner gets into it with team legends during games. It'll be years and a total reconfiguration of the teams hierarchy before a player of LeBron's caliber gives them a 2nd look no matter what type of money they have.

They need to focus in on their young core and developing them, hire a coach and back him for real, bring in some execs that are capable of building and fostering player relationships. They have to crawl before they walk.
Exactly why Phil Jackson is ripe for a fleecing.  He should be unloading Melo (bet Doc would take him) but instead he's shopping their best piece, KP.

« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2017, 07:35:52 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Common sense.

Exactly why Phil Jackson is ripe for a fleecing.  He should be unloading Melo (bet Doc would take him) but instead he's shopping their best piece, KP.

Not like he isn't trying to get rid of Melo.   He just won't sign the no-trade clause.

« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Knicks reported asking price for Porzingis:
Brown, #3, 2018 Nets, and Crowder

I knew they were going to start high.  That's too much.

However if we tweaked the trade:

Smart, #3, 2018 Lakers, and Crowder.

That would work for me.
And if 2018 Lakers doesn't convey they get the Celtics 2018 pick instead.  We'll keep our chance at the Sacramento lotto pick.

What do you guys think?

« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2017, 02:36:04 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Knicks reported asking price for Porzingis:
Brown, #3, 2018 Nets, and Crowder

I knew they were going to start high.  That's too much.

However if we tweaked the trade:

Smart, #3, 2018 Lakers, and Crowder.

That would work for me.
And if 2018 Lakers doesn't convey they get the Celtics 2018 pick instead.  We'll keep our chance at the Sacramento lotto pick.

What do you guys think?

No way you'd get that protection on the LA pick.

I wonder if they would prefer Smart over Rozier, though? I'd imagine that they prefer Rozier with his lesser and longer contract.

« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2017, 02:36:37 PM »

Offline Bumb_Celtic

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
While I agree I think you'd have to give up the Sacramento pick if they don't get the Lakers pick or else that's a deal breaker. Hence why they want the Brooklyn 18 pick.

« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2017, 02:46:35 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
and just to add to what is already the craziest run up to a draft i have ever seen for boston...

"From Ian Begley a Knicks reporter for ESPN -

Sources: BOS offered NYK its No. 3 pick, a player & an additional lottery pick that they think they can acquire tonight in a trade for KP."

bradley for the 12th pick?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva