Author Topic: The 3rd pick for Porzingis  (Read 25154 times)

Re: The 3rd pick for Porzingis
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2017, 09:26:38 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
#3, Clippers or Memphis pick + Rozier. 
If they want to substitute Smart or Crowder for Rozier I'd do it.

If they want 18 Lakers/Sac 19 I'll take #8 this year and do Smart instead of Rozier. 

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 09:27:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Knicks will never make this trade. It will take at least 3 and next year BKN pick to even have a chance to acquire Zinger

I agree it would take more than the 3rd pick, but I don't think it would take that much. I think the package is #3, a starter (like crowder), and another decent asset like the mephis pick.
if Boston had Porzingis what would you want back in a trade?  It would have taken more than 1 to get him so any trade has to be at least what Boston acquired 1 for.

See I disagree, I don't think it would have taken more than #1 to get him. The guy is good, and a great fit for our team but I also think he's been a bit overrated. In any event the problem is you are assuming New York is a competent franchise, and they are not. If they were they wouldn't even be thinking about trading Kristaps.
the experts I e read tjat have been asked all agree tjat Zinger would go 1 in this draft if he was in it. If he goes 1 that means his value exceeds 1. It will take 3 plus the BKN or LA pick.

Now if you take Noah or Anthony maybe that lowers the price and 3 plus some role players like Crowder would be enough
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2017, 09:30:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
https://twitter.com/tommybeer/status/877697729710784512

Phil: "I don't think I've ever had a player, over 25 years of coaching, maybe 30, not come to an exit meeting. It's not happened to me."

Holy hell, is Phil senile or something? Dude is just making it a certainty that Kristaps is no longer a Knick. Is his ego that big that he's going to trade Kristaps because Kristaps, almost justifiably, skipped the exit interview due to all of the dysfunction in that organization?!

Apparently he's throwing Melo under the bus, too. lol

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2017, 09:30:35 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/877698087560429568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fnew-york-knicks

Phil Jackson just said he thinks it's time Carmelo Anthony find somewhere else to play.

Goodness.

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2017, 09:31:47 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Alright, this is getting very real:

Phil Jackson says the Knicks have gotten calls on Kristaps Porzingis. Says they are listening. Phil Jackson on Kristaps: "As much as we love this guy, we have to do what's best for the club."

https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status/877696381850312705

Sure sounds like Phil preparing the fanbase for a trade, huh? Apparently this was an impromptu-type interview, too, so there very well might be a tentative deal in place for now.

That would be a franchise-changing trade for both sides.

I sitll doubt this happens. However, I was talking to a friend yesterday and he asked if I thought there was any chance KP got moved. I gave him a hard no. I just texted him that I think there's a 30-40% chance.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2017, 09:31:55 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
It sounds like Porzingis is gone. Get #8 ready

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2017, 09:32:04 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
https://twitter.com/tommybeer/status/877697729710784512

Phil: "I don't think I've ever had a player, over 25 years of coaching, maybe 30, not come to an exit meeting. It's not happened to me."

Holy hell, is Phil senile or something? Dude is just making it a certainty that Kristaps is no longer a Knick. Is his ego that big that he's going to trade Kristaps because Kristaps, almost justifiably, skipped the exit interview due to all of the dysfunction in that organization?!

Apparently he's throwing Melo under the bus, too. lol

It's rather shocking how awful of a GM Phil is. I love the dysfunction so much.
#JKJB

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2017, 09:32:06 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Give them what they want other than IT, brown, the 2018 nets pick or horford

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2017, 09:33:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/877698087560429568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fnew-york-knicks

Phil Jackson just said he thinks it's time Carmelo Anthony find somewhere else to play.

Goodness.

I'm loving the GM version of Phil Jackson! He's totally erasing all doubts about whether he was better than Red.

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2017, 09:33:18 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Knicks will never make this trade. It will take at least 3 and next year BKN pick to even have a chance to acquire Zinger

I agree it would take more than the 3rd pick, but I don't think it would take that much. I think the package is #3, a starter (like crowder), and another decent asset like the mephis pick.
if Boston had Porzingis what would you want back in a trade?  It would have taken more than 1 to get him so any trade has to be at least what Boston acquired 1 for.

See I disagree, I don't think it would have taken more than #1 to get him. The guy is good, and a great fit for our team but I also think he's been a bit overrated. In any event the problem is you are assuming New York is a competent franchise, and they are not. If they were they wouldn't even be thinking about trading Kristaps.
the experts I e read tjat have been asked all agree tjat Zinger would go 1 in this draft if he was in it. If he goes 1 that means his value exceeds 1. It will take 3 plus the BKN or LA pick.

Now if you take Noah or Anthony maybe that lowers the price and 3 plus some role players like Crowder would be enough

See we are having an argument of what he's worth against what he is going to go for. From the people I've heard you are correct, he would either go 1 or second behind Fultz. But you have to consider that he has 2 years less on his contract than a draft pick, and he has shown some injury concerns the last couple years. That lowers his value a little bit. Then factor in that Phil Jackson is bad at his job and I don't think the 3# plus other stuff is all that crazy especially if the knicks are really high on josh Jackson.

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2017, 09:33:50 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Hard for me to think of a deal that makes sense for both teams.  Why trade Zinger to rebuild??? He is 22!!!!

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2017, 09:34:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
GM Phil Jackson is a goldmine.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2017, 09:34:35 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Imagine an off season where Ainge trades for KP and signs Hayward? Talk about freaking upgrades hypothetically.
#JKJB

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2017, 09:35:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/877697206806921216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fnew-york-knicks

Phil Jackson, asked what he'd say to skittish Knicks fans: "I think we know what we're doing."

This dude is off his rocker! lol

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2017, 09:35:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

See we are having an argument of what he's worth against what he is going to go for. From the people I've heard you are correct, he would either go 1 or second behind Fultz. But you have to consider that he has 2 years less on his contract than a draft pick, and he has shown some injury concerns the last couple years. That lowers his value a little bit. Then factor in that Phil Jackson is bad at his job and I don't think the 3# plus other stuff is all that crazy especially if the knicks are really high on josh Jackson.

You have to also factor in that Porzingis has clearly proven he can be highly productive in the NBA. He doesn't have the doubts that come with most draft picks.