Author Topic: The 3rd pick for Porzingis  (Read 25132 times)

Re: The 3rd pick for Porzingis
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd say 3 with Rozier and AB for Porzingis is what Id ask for if I was the Knicks.

Rozier, AB, Melo, Jackson, Noah

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 09:17:33 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
You do have to wonder if Danny has a deal in place already with the Knicks and they're just waiting for draft night to complete it.

The Knicks apparently really want Josh Jackson, so maybe they're waiting to make sure he's available there at 3 before making the trade, which would make sense.

That'd also help explain why Danny would not do a deal of Butler straight up for the 3.

Between us having the perfect pick to nab Jackson and Phil's fascination with Crowder, along with our many other assets, this seems like a perfect pairing for a trade.

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 09:17:49 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Just heard from Woj on facebook live chat that the Prozingis trade possibility is more than just "taking calls" as some have framed it. He says they (the knicks) actually have made calls and are looking into getting into the top 4 of this draft.

I'll preface this with my usual spiel about Porzingis being overrated, but I'd offer #3, Crowder, 2019 Memphis, 2019 Clippers.

TP - I was coming here to write the exact same thing.

The #3 is signed for two additional years, the Memphis pick could turn out to be a good one, and Crowder is a solid versatile player signed to an outstanding contract, but Porzingis just fits our team perfectly. He seems like the right player to cash in some chips for - it also allows us to still sign Hayward.

It's not even a question of fit. Porzingis is a better prospect than everyone in this Draft not named Markelle, and Porzingis offers the added benefit of zero bust potential. If Phil were aksing for the moon, I'd say Porzingis is not the guy to cash the chips in for, but he's apparently not asking for the moon. If Woj's price is right, then this is a gamble worth making.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 09:18:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Knicks will never make this trade. It will take at least 3 and next year BKN pick to even have a chance to acquire Zinger

I agree it would take more than the 3rd pick, but I don't think it would take that much. I think the package is #3, a starter (like crowder), and another decent asset like the mephis pick.
if Boston had Porzingis what would you want back in a trade?  It would have taken more than 1 to get him so any trade has to be at least what Boston acquired 1 for.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 09:19:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Just heard from Woj on facebook live chat that the Prozingis trade possibility is more than just "taking calls" as some have framed it. He says they (the knicks) actually have made calls and are looking into getting into the top 4 of this draft.

I'll preface this with my usual spiel about Porzingis being overrated, but I'd offer #3, Crowder, 2019 Memphis, 2019 Clippers.

TP - I was coming here to write the exact same thing.

The #3 is signed for two additional years, the Memphis pick could turn out to be a good one, and Crowder is a solid versatile player signed to an outstanding contract, but Porzingis just fits our team perfectly. He seems like the right player to cash in some chips for - it also allows us to still sign Hayward.

It's not even a question of fit. Porzingis is a better prospect than everyone in this Draft not named Markelle, and Porzingis offers the added benefit of zero bust potential. If Phil were aksing for the moon, I'd say Porzingis is not the guy to cash the chips in for, but he's apparently not asking for the moon. If Woj's price is right, then this is a gamble worth making.
looking to get into the top 4 doesn't mean only a top 4
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 09:20:09 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Yeah, add Rozier to that package and that's what I've advocated for in other places.

Ainge really needs to make a hard push for him if they're for real about trading him, especially if they think they have Hayward in the bag already, which Porzingis would just add appeal to.

I would even add that Lakers pick in there if needed. Something like the number 3 pick, Crowder, and the LA pick I would probably reluctantly agree to if Danny felt that Hayward was already a certainty. They'd need to throw in O'Quinn, too. That team has a legit shot of making the Finals and giving GS a good series.

If Rozier gets it done, sure. I think I'd balk at including a third premium asset, so no LAL or BKN picks if we're moving Crowder and 3.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 09:20:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/celticsblog/status/877696746343641088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Phil Jackson on Kristaps: "As much as we love this guy, we have to do what's best for the club."

Holy crap, now Phil is basically confirming this right now in an interview. Crazy. He seems bound and determined to rid that roster of both Melo and Porzingis!

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 09:20:56 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
 ^ beat me too it

Phil Jackson says the Knicks have gotten calls on Kristaps Porzingis. Says they are listening.

Phil Jackson on Kristaps: "As much as we love this guy, we have to do what's best for the club."

ian bagley

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 09:21:24 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Knicks will never make this trade. It will take at least 3 and next year BKN pick to even have a chance to acquire Zinger

I agree it would take more than the 3rd pick, but I don't think it would take that much. I think the package is #3, a starter (like crowder), and another decent asset like the mephis pick.
if Boston had Porzingis what would you want back in a trade?  It would have taken more than 1 to get him so any trade has to be at least what Boston acquired 1 for.

See I disagree, I don't think it would have taken more than #1 to get him. The guy is good, and a great fit for our team but I also think he's been a bit overrated. In any event the problem is you are assuming New York is a competent franchise, and they are not. If they were they wouldn't even be thinking about trading Kristaps.

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 09:22:20 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
Alright, this is getting very real:

Phil Jackson says the Knicks have gotten calls on Kristaps Porzingis. Says they are listening. Phil Jackson on Kristaps: "As much as we love this guy, we have to do what's best for the club."

https://twitter.com/ianbegley/status/877696381850312705

DKC Clippers

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 09:24:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
And if they're looking for a top-4 pick to select Josh Jackson, Danny can just hold Phil's feet to the fire and basically say, "Trade with me, or I take Jackson and keep him or ship him to Chicago for Butler."

I mean, that pretty much takes Phoenix out as a trade partner, and neither Philly nor LA will be interested given their respective scenarios.

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 09:25:13 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
anyone but jaylen and i'm cool with it.   

i'll be p---ed if this turns out to be like the cousins deal..

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 09:25:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Suns trying to trade number four for an established player

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 09:26:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Phil Jackson says the Knicks have gotten calls on Kristaps Porzingis. Says they are listening. Phil Jackson on Kristaps: "As much as we love this guy, we have to do what's best for the club."

Reportedly Phil said the starting price is "two starters and a draft pick"

So, Crowder, Bradley, and a future 1st? It would solve our salary cap issues for a while, we likely have to move Bradley this year anyway.

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 09:26:26 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Sure sounds like Phil preparing the fanbase for a trade, huh? Apparently this was an impromptu-type interview, too, so there very well might be a tentative deal in place for now.

That would be a franchise-changing trade for both sides.