Author Topic: The 3rd pick for Porzingis  (Read 25149 times)

The 3rd pick for Porzingis
« on: June 18, 2017, 08:21:38 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
With us trading down and betting heavily on the 18 draft, it might make sense for us to trade the 3rd pick for a young star that can both contribute now and in the future. Porzingis fits that bill, with him wanting out of New York and the Knicks needing to rebuild. A package centered around the pick for Porzingis (ideal trade would be Memphis 1st+Clippers 1st+3rd pick for Porzingis and O'Quinn) would allow us to get our long wanted star addition as well as fix our big man issues without killing our cap space to retain our guys and bench, while New York gets to kickstart their rebuild with the 3rd and 8th picks while they can use those extra picks from the deal to dump contracts to improve their cap situation for rebuilding. Imo it's a win win and I really prefer this over Butler. If this deal is done and the Lakers pick becomes gold by landing in that 2-5 range, we'd be building altars for Danny Ainge and be hailing this move as an Auerbachian 81 trade.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Re: The 3rd pick for Porzingis
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 09:21:01 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
This would be a dream come true and though there is no reason for Knicks to do this trade, Phil Jackson is erratic enough to pull the trigger on such a move

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 09:51:02 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
I would love that trade but also wonder if Lauri Markkanen is not who they are really after...?
He is a mini porzingis, he was there with Danny doing is workout while Fultz was doing is, maybe we trade down again to get him and another asset and have our own mini unicorn with yet another asset that we could throw in for a superstar later on....
To me Jackson is not an ideal fit with the roster we have and hayward about to join... I do like Tatum as an elite go to scorer for our team but if Ainge saw Markkanen as a mini Porzingis then I might put him ahead of tatum...
Do people like Markkanen or am I the only one who would just take him straight at 3 if we can't move back for him....?

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I would love that trade but also wonder if Lauri Markkanen is not who they are really after...?
He is a mini porzingis, he was there with Danny doing is workout while Fultz was doing is, maybe we trade down again to get him and another asset and have our own mini unicorn with yet another asset that we could throw in for a superstar later on....
To me Jackson is not an ideal fit with the roster we have and hayward about to join... I do like Tatum as an elite go to scorer for our team but if Ainge saw Markkanen as a mini Porzingis then I might put him ahead of tatum...
Do people like Markkanen or am I the only one who would just take him straight at 3 if we can't move back for him....?
I would not do what you mentioned lol but yeah high on lauri, he was one of my binkies. But still getting Porzingis would be way better
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 10:31:49 AM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Porzingis stinks

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 09:03:09 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Just heard from Woj on facebook live chat that the Prozingis trade possibility is more than just "taking calls" as some have framed it. He says they (the knicks) actually have made calls and are looking into getting into the top 4 of this draft.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 09:04:59 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Just heard from Woj on facebook live chat that the Prozingis trade possibility is more than just "taking calls" as some have framed it. He says they (the knicks) actually have made calls and are looking into getting into the top 4 of this draft.

I'll preface this with my usual spiel about Porzingis being overrated, but I'd offer #3, Crowder, 2019 Memphis, 2019 Clippers.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 09:05:16 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Knicks will never make this trade. It will take at least 3 and next year BKN pick to even have a chance to acquire Zinger
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 09:07:22 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Knicks will never make this trade. It will take at least 3 and next year BKN pick to even have a chance to acquire Zinger

I agree it would take more than the 3rd pick, but I don't think it would take that much. I think the package is #3, a starter (like crowder), and another decent asset like the mephis pick.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 09:09:18 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

I agree it would take more than the 3rd pick, but I don't think it would take that much. I think the package is #3, a starter (like crowder), and another decent asset like the mephis pick.

Max215's offer is pretty close to fair value, maybe swap out the clippers pick for a young player like rozier but its close.

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 09:11:38 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Max215's offer is pretty close to fair value, maybe swap out the clippers pick for a young player like rozier but its close.

Woj is saying top-4 and a young starter. I feel like we can do that really easily without even eating into our treasure chest that much. Then again, if that offer gets you Porzingis, I'd assume he'd already be on the Celtics.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 09:11:43 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Crowder and Smart or Rozier
Lakers/Kings pick

Boston gets zinger and melo

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 09:12:05 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930

I'll preface this with my usual spiel about Porzingis being overrated, but I'd offer #3, Crowder, 2019 Memphis, 2019 Clippers.

Yeah, add Rozier to that package and that's what I've advocated for in other places.

Ainge really needs to make a hard push for him if they're for real about trading him, especially if they think they have Hayward in the bag already, which Porzingis would just add appeal to.

I would even add that Lakers pick in there if needed. Something like the number 3 pick, Crowder, and the LA pick I would probably reluctantly agree to if Danny felt that Hayward was already a certainty. They'd need to throw in O'Quinn, too. That team has a legit shot of making the Finals and giving GS a good series.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

TP - I was coming here to write the exact same thing.

The #3 is signed for two additional years, the Memphis pick could turn out to be a good one, and Crowder is a solid versatile player signed to an outstanding contract, but Porzingis just fits our team perfectly. He seems like the right player to cash in some chips for - it also allows us to still sign Hayward.

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 09:14:14 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I'm good with #3, but no way on BRK 18 or LAL pick.