Author Topic: Trash trade. Why this will go down as DA's worst trade ever.  (Read 4704 times)

Re: Trash trade. Why this will go down as DA's worst trade ever.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 01:18:29 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
"Fultz will be lighting us up in the playoffs for 30 a game in 3-5 years."

Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown say's "we'll see about that". LOL

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 01:26:40 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
All this criticism of the great Ainge here in the very Church of Ainge.

LOL. Very entertaining.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 01:29:42 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
The belief that Fultz is going to be the best player from this draft is broken. As is the belief that the league is driven by guards.

If the league is driven by a position then it's the SF position. Curry is the only guard to have led his team to success since Kobe's heyday, and he's more of a wing anyway.

To me the gap between Fultz, Ball, Jackson and Tatum is minimal and more based on media hype than anything. Every year someone is crowned the NBA's future and it just isn't true.

At #3 I like Tatum but I could also see another trade with Sac if they want Fox/Ball. We could end up with #5 Tatum and #10 Smith Jr. That would be one hell of a draft.

I would have liked the Sac pick and another pick with protections but that's probably being greedy. But let's see what the final deal actually is first

If we get Tatum and Dennis Smith JR I will forgive Danny Ainge.

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 01:34:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

LOL. Very entertaining.

Meh, it's a sports blog....there's always going to be lots of hot takes and 'guarantees' from people that really don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

People can talk about potential draftees as "sure fire" all they want, but nobody really knows, they just have guesses.

Some here hate the trade, some love it.  And then there's a bunch of people in the middle somewhere.

I'm in the middle right now, waiting to see what the next domino is.  This feels like 2007 all over again.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 01:46:36 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Maybe Danny was watching KD in the finals and thinks Isaacs has KD potential.   Not that he's the next KD, but he looks more like KD than Ingram did last year.   He's 6'10 and shoots the three better than Jackson and Tatum.  He bangs on the boards and plays D.  If someone feeds the kid he could be really good.  I watched him a lot and he did seem to disappear in games but that may have been more on the coach.  He shows the ability to dominate but tended to differ to his teammates too much.

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 01:55:10 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

LOL. Very entertaining.

Meh, it's a sports blog....there's always going to be lots of hot takes and 'guarantees' from people that really don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

People can talk about potential draftees as "sure fire" all they want, but nobody really knows, they just have guesses.

Some here hate the trade, some love it.  And then there's a bunch of people in the middle somewhere.

I'm in the middle right now, waiting to see what the next domino is.  This feels like 2007 all over again.
We are in that phase where the Ray Allen trade was known but not the KG trade yet. Didn't like that time, don't like it now. 

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 02:04:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
"Fultz will be lighting us up in the playoffs for 30 a game in 3-5 years."

Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown say's "we'll see about that". LOL

Wonder if this 76ers soon-to-be dynasty team can knock off LeBron in the playoffs.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2017, 06:20:52 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I look at that 2018 Draft with Ayton, Bamba, Doncic and Michael Porter ... and I think Fultz is the only player in the 2017 Draft who would go in the top 5 picks next year.

So to have a high likelihood of getting two top 5 picks in that 2018 draft is very enticing to me.