Author Topic: Boston/Philly deal supposedly agreed upon; to be completed on Monday  (Read 41280 times)

Re: Boston/Philly deal supposedly agreed upon; to be completed on Monday
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2017, 10:50:25 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876267930572513282

Sources: For top pick, Sixers planning to send Celtics '17 No. 3 overall pick, '18 FRP (via LA) and '19 FRP (via Kings) - w/ protections.

Woooooowwww. So it is their pick this year, the LA pick, and the Sacramento pick, though there are some protections. They'll have to be minimal, though. And at least one of those has to be fully unprotected.

Depending upon the protections, that's actually a TON of value for the pick, regardless of whether or not we should've done it.

If we get that package, and the protections are reasonable, I can buy into Danny's thinking.

Yep. Ill be genuinely surprised if two picks are not now headed to Chicago. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2017, 10:50:50 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/876269580091621376

Multiple NBA sources believe Celtics are working on another deal. One told me: "Who cares about the protections? They aren't keeping them."
I admit if we get Butler and add him to Hayward...and then next year we get both the Nets and Lakers picks....I could possibly forgive Ainge...assuming we also don't give up Jaylen or Josh Jackson.

Sorry Ainge. You had a clear path to a great team and you decided to go to Middle Earth on us or something.  Till we get there we get to doubt things

« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2017, 10:50:55 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Wow. If the protections are reasonable, then we destroyed them.

We really need to see the next move before evaluating.

Is it George or Butler? Or someone else?

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2017, 10:51:57 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Crowder, Zeller, #3 for George

IT.           Rozier
AB.        Smart
Hayward.     Jaylen
George.       Jerebko
Horford.        Zizic

* two top 5 picks and Yabu in 18,

I love it, if that's the eventual roster, sign me up. (Although I do wonder if we could also add Yabusele for this season after all the CBA dust settles.)
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2017, 10:52:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/876269580091621376

Multiple NBA sources believe Celtics are working on another deal. One told me: "Who cares about the protections? They aren't keeping them."

That doesn't make sense though.  Protected draft picks aren't as valuable as unprotected draft picks in trades either.

The Lakers pick is reportedly unprotected.

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2017, 10:52:21 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
https://twitter.com/SeanDeveney/status/876267194878971904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Celtics and Sixers trade is nearly there. Will set up Sixers to take Fultz, but most league execs say Celtics are not done dealing

And this being a precursor trade for Butler/George is looking more and more likely.

Ugh.

If we trade a fist-full of top picks for a year of Paul George I'm going to be ill.

So let's say George costs something like Bradley, the 3rd pick, and the top-3 or so protected Sacramento pick as the principal pieces, would you not be okay with that?

We'd be adding Paul George now plus adding an additional shot at a top-5 pick next year in a draft loaded with frontcourt players, which we desperately need.

I'm probably still leaning more towards keeping Fultz, but it's hard to be too mad in that scenario.

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2017, 10:52:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If we trade Bradley, Zeller, and #3 for Jimmy Butler, how much cap space do we have after renouncing all of our FA including KO?
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2017, 10:52:40 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I'm interested to see what are the conditions if either pick doesn't convey, as they aren't Philly's own picks.
Exactly. Also we should have grabbed a player from them...spare me the FA crap. We needed to grab some player from them if they are putting protections(even top 1) on any of those picks.

LAL 2018 pick will not be as valuable. Remember they had to sit their 2 30 million FA's they just signed just so they could suck enough to keep that pick.

« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2017, 10:53:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
https://twitter.com/SeanDeveney/status/876267194878971904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Celtics and Sixers trade is nearly there. Will set up Sixers to take Fultz, but most league execs say Celtics are not done dealing

And this being a precursor trade for Butler/George is looking more and more likely.

Ugh.

If we trade a fist-full of top picks for a year of Paul George I'm going to be ill.

So let's say George costs something like Bradley, the 3rd pick, and the top-3 or so protected Sacramento pick as the principal pieces, would you not be okay with that?

We'd be adding Paul George now plus adding an additional shot at a top-5 pick next year in a draft loaded with frontcourt players, which we desperately need.

I'm probably still leaning more towards keeping Fultz, but it's hard to be too mad in that scenario.

Paul George is an expiring contract and I do not trust him to re-sign in Boston, so no, I'm not okay with that.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2017, 10:53:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Wow. If the protections are reasonable, then we destroyed them.

We really need to see the next move before evaluating.

Is it George or Butler? Or someone else?
Danny has finally accumulated enough assets to go after the big kahuna...

JUSTICE WINSLOW
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2017, 10:53:58 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Offer
#3 this year, the Lakers pick next year and the Kings  pick for Butler

Keep the 2018 Nets pick

DO NOT take Jackson at 3 unless you have no other moves

« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2017, 10:54:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/876269033536061440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Sources: Joshua Jackson & Celtics working to set up meeting. Boston would like to meet with Lonzo Ball, but no indications Ball has interest

Here we go.

Lol Joshua.

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2017, 10:54:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
We really need some more clarification on the pick protections. I can't imagine that Danny accepted anything more than top-3 for the Sacramento pick, and I can't imagine that he allowed ANY protections on next year's picks.

But my God, that's going to be 3 straight years (totaling 4 overall picks) that have a decent shot of being top-5. Some of those have to be for a trade.
The pick protections are huge.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2017, 10:55:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
If this flurry of moves doesn't create a core that can contend for at least a 6 year window, it's a crazy stupid move.

The only way to have a hope in this NBA is to take many shots at a title run and hope that the top guys have bad luck one year.

How wide a window does Thomas - Butler - Horford - Max FA have?
- Mark Twain

« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2017, 10:55:09 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

But my God, that's going to be 3 straight years (totaling 4 overall picks) that have a decent shot of being top-5. Some of those have to be for a trade.

Hey, if we're lucky one of those picks might turn into the number one selection in a draft with a consensus number one guy.

I can't handle this again. I'll take toiling in mediocrity with no hope over finding a way out then choosing that toiling was fun and we should do it more.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers