Author Topic: Boston/Philly deal supposedly agreed upon; to be completed on Monday  (Read 41283 times)

Re: Boston/Philly deal supposedly agreed upon; to be completed on Monday
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2017, 10:47:19 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Don't think Danny ever wanted Fultz.

Hope he is trying to move this for Butler.

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2017, 10:47:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I want to see those protections and what we get if the protection is triggered. No way on Earth I want to end up with nothing or two 2nds.

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2017, 10:47:34 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
So Ainge was planning on going all-in from the start. In this case, the Celtics get whoever Ainge was after and the #3 pick, versus trading #1 straight-up for said player. I still don't like the logic (would have rather had Fultz and Hayward with no trade), but I can at least follow.

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2017, 10:47:47 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
At least a 90% chance we regret this trade?

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2017, 10:47:54 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/876269580091621376

Multiple NBA sources believe Celtics are working on another deal. One told me: "Who cares about the protections? They aren't keeping them."
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2017, 10:48:25 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
So stupid.

Fire Ainge.

Yeah, because we know exactly what and why he's doing this. NONE of us saw the work out, NONE of us picked Fultz's brain. Could have been something DA or Stevens didn't set right. Remember people jumping on DA about Brown. So far so good, has a was to go, but the kid is a worker.

First thing is DA's known targets are Hayward and Griffin. DA needs to shed some cap. This move sheds 1.5 mill off which is a little more than we need to get Hayward.

Second, what this team lacks is shooting and big men. Shooters are easier to come by. Next years draft has as of right now 7 to 8 out of the top 10 are Bigs. That LA pick may help with landing two bigs, or bundle both of one.

So you can say "we need shooters", but if you free up cap for Hayward(shooter/scorer) and gain a pick to land a guy like Porter. You give up the "prospect" shooter now, and give your self a chance to get the Vet shooter, and the "prospect" big.

Yeah theres the chance we don't land Hayward, but there is also a chance Fultz doesn't pan out.

And who is to say he's done? This was done WAY earlier than most trades for draft night. He could also be bundling up #3 for #5 and #10 and additional pick.

"Oh no, not an other pick!!" Oh, lest take that additional Kings pick, the LA pick, and the # 5 pick with AB or Crowder and filllers and move them for Butler. Oh and still cap for Hayward.

Now, I don't' know whats going to happen, these are just speculations, but until we know what going on, and if DA keeps the pick and it's Jackson and he turns out to be a bumb, THEN we can get the pitchforks out and raid the Garden for DA's head.

He got a great package for PP and KG, we aren't done with it yet, so until we see what the final out come it is, people need to come back down a bit. I mean jumping off of ledges, and starting petitions...I mean come on.

We just got done with what, year 4 of the rebuild, and made it to the ECF as the first seeed. How many teams fans would be happy with that. Let the man do his job, Futlz isn't going to be winning us anything in the next 4 or 5 years, and if DA can get something going now, yeah do it. I'm not afraid of the CAVS and GSW like some of you wankers. But a team and take it to them, see if you can hit lighting in the bottle. Because if DA can get a team that is close, Stevens puts over the top against Coach Kerr and Coach LEbron. 

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2017, 10:48:32 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
YAYAYAAYYYYY!!!!!!! MOREE DRAFT PICKS!!!!! Just as we were about to run out of them. Dodged a bullet there

« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2017, 10:48:35 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Ainge is dead to me.

If he gives  up 2 lottery picks for Butler or PG with both on short contracts, I won't be able to post my thoughts or I'll be perma-banned, and deservedly so, considering what I'd say.

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2017, 10:48:35 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Ainge clearly saw something he didn't like in Fultz.  I'm wondering what it is.

He loves hard-nosed players who've dealt with significant adversity in their life.  Like Smart or Leon Powe.

I don't know Josh Jackson's background, but I'm guessing that he is Ainge's favorite player in the draft.  Forget Lonzo Ball.

I don't think he saw anything. He got a good deal that he couldn't pass up. Regardless I'm pretty bummed. I feel like Fultz will the be the guy of this draft class and now he's going to a division rival.

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2017, 10:48:55 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Wow. If the protections are reasonable, then we destroyed them.

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2017, 10:48:59 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
We really need some more clarification on the pick protections. I can't imagine that Danny accepted anything more than top-3 for the Sacramento pick, and I can't imagine that he allowed ANY protections on next year's picks.

But my God, that's going to be 3 straight years (totaling 4 overall picks) that have a decent shot of being top-5. Some of those have to be for a trade.

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2017, 10:49:21 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/876269580091621376

Multiple NBA sources believe Celtics are working on another deal. One told me: "Who cares about the protections? They aren't keeping them."

That doesn't make sense though.  Protected draft picks aren't as valuable as unprotected draft picks in trades either.

« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2017, 10:49:28 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hey we might take the Cavs to seven games the next couple of years.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2017, 10:49:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
So we can now offer Nets 2018 1st, Lakers 2018 1st, Kings 2019 first w/protections, and the 2017 #3 pick. We have a ton of ammo to pull of a major deal or two right now.

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2017, 10:50:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

But my God, that's going to be 3 straight years (totaling 4 overall picks) that have a decent shot of being top-5. Some of those have to be for a trade.

Hey, if we're lucky one of those picks might turn into the number one selection in a draft with a consensus number one guy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain