Author Topic: If we were to trade the number 1 pick, Here is how I would want it to go down.  (Read 791 times)

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
I really like fultz. The celtics are trying to mix youth and vetrans. That way the celtics can be a 50 win team for a long time.  Next years draft is suppoused to be the one with multiple franchise altering players. These players are big men. Imagine having  two of the top 3 picks to grab michael porter jr and a really good young center. I really love the 2018 lakers pick. I am not as big of a fan of jackson as some people are. We really don't need another player that can't shoot. I'm sorry but marcus smart is enough for one team.

I would not draft with the third pick but rather trade it away for a star. Josh jackson never worked out for the celtics. He does not want to workout for us because he does not want to be in a logjam. More specificly, I would trade it away for jimmy butler.

For the trade,I would keep the lakers and brooklyn picks more then anything. I would have to let go avery bradly. Jae crowder's contract is so perfect for a conteding team. He is way underpayed. If you are going to make a superteam you need an underpaied starter. So, I would look to keep him as well.
Therefore, it is bye bye avery bradley. I would try and do a 3 team trade wiht the 76ers and chicago if at all possible.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9hohpnc

I would give the 76ers the number 1 pick in exchange for the number 3 pick, the lakers 2018 pick and jahlil okafor. Okafor and the number 3 pick would go to chicago along with avery bradley,terry rozier, the celtics 2018 first round draft pick and the celtics 2019 first round draft pick. I would also give the 76ers our two secon round picks this year.

With Jimmy butler trade, we would be so much closer to the cavs and still retain enough for a max guy in the summer. My guess of what would go down in free agency would be that gordon hayward does not like the idea of sharing the ball with jimmy butler and Isaiah thomas. So, he would not sign here. I think this would mean blake griffin would sign here. The celtics would resign Isaiah thomas and go win now mode while the lottery pick's continued to grow on the bench.

zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I can't support it

Offline Joyride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
I'd do that deal. Especially with how Fultz performed today in Philly. Kid can't handle the pressure.