Poll

Which pick is more valuable?

2018 Lakers
65 (75.6%)
2019 Kings
21 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: If its between 2018 Lakers pick or 2019 Kings pick... (poll)  (Read 18886 times)

Re: If its between 2018 Lakers pick or 2019 Kings pick... (poll)
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2017, 06:33:01 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Is the Kings pick totally unprotected? I ask because it's clear to me that the Lakers will win around 40 games this year.

15 game improvement? How?

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2017, 06:54:47 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Is the Kings pick totally unprotected? I ask because it's clear to me that the Lakers will win around 40 games this year.

Because some people apparently believe in the Lonzo hype
#JKJB

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2017, 07:00:16 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Because some people apparently believe in the Lonzo hype

He'll be fun to watch, but offense really hasn't been their problem. Their problem is their defense is off the charts bad. Like historically bad. And they are probably adding a rookie PG who is probably the worst, most disinterested defender in the draft and Lopez, hardly a DPOY candidate. LOL.

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2017, 11:34:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
40 wins lol. That was funny

I've been reading laker forums and they know their team is still a big work in progress.

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2017, 10:10:19 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

It's not rocket science guys.

The Lakers don't have a pick this year, they have no reason to tank.

They have a good coach with a championship pedigree - Luke Walton. 

They had the best draft of any team.  (Ball, Kuzma, Hart).

They picked up Brook Lopez and KCP (two NBA starters) in free agency.

Brandon Ingram is now in his second year, Julius Randle is in his contract year.

They have a solid bench in Deng, Zubac, Nance Jr., Corey Brewer, and Jordan Clarckson all of whom could start on at least a few teams in the NBA.

But really the key to it all is that Lonzo Ball is a transcendent NBA talent.  He's a culture changer and he'll make every position on the floor better with his pace, vision, and passing.   

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2017, 10:16:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Brandon Ingram is now in his second year, Julius Randle is in his contract year.

They have a solid bench in Deng, Zubac, Nance Jr., Corey Brewer, and Jordan Clarckson all of whom could start on at least a few teams in the NBA.

But really the key to it all is that Lonzo Ball is a transcendent NBA talent.  He's a culture changer and he'll make every position on the floor better with his pace, vision, and passing.   
What a delusional post ::)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2017, 11:28:26 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Nah man, he's right. When's the last time a team with no incentive to tank and a top center like Lopez won less than 40 games?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2017, 12:02:09 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Nah man, he's right. When's the last time a team with no incentive to tank and a top center like Lopez won less than 40 games?
The 2016-2017 Nets. Do I win the sarcasm award?

« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
40 wins in the west?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Yup, touché!

« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2017, 12:37:48 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
40 wins lol. That was funny

I've been reading laker forums and they know their team is still a big work in progress.

How many wins do you predict?

How many wins are they predicting on the Lakers forums?

My guess is 30-35

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2017, 07:06:36 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Totally different situation.  The Nets haven't drafted in the top Twenty since 2010.

The Lakers will be starting four high lottery picks and Brook Lopez. Most of the Lakers' bench would be starters on the Nets. 

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2017, 07:31:17 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Totally different situation.  The Nets haven't drafted in the top Twenty since 2010.

The Lakers will be starting four high lottery picks and Brook Lopez. Most of the Lakers' bench would be starters on the Nets.

Lin is arguably the best player not names Lopez between the two teams. Not to mention that the east last year was awful, while the west this season is stacked. The Lakers are almost guaranteed to win more games than the Nets did last year, but they'll still be closer to 25 wins than 40
I'm bitter.

« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Is the C's get the Lakers pick, it'll be top 5. We know that. Top 5 in a draft that (early) looks like there are 4 big prospects.

That Kings pick presents more room for variability. I know they're the Kings but they had a competent offseason, adding some veteran leadership but not so much that they won't still be bad in the West this year. They'll add a good draft pick in 2018 and have a lot of money to spend on free agents that summer. In the 2018-19 season, Hield will be 25 in his 3rd year, Skal will be 22 in his 3rd year, Cauley-Stein will be 25 in his 4th year, De'aaron Fox will be 20 going into his second season, and George Hill will be 32 going into his 11th year. 

The West is nuts but if the young guys develop a little and they're able to add an impact free agent next summer (it could be an appealing team to join) that Kings pick could easily be outside the top ten.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2017, 07:42:39 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Ball, Ingram, Randle (If you want to call #7 a high lottery pick), and who exactly is their 4th high lottery pick??
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out