Beyond the Association > Global Basketball

FIBA Eurobasket 2017, 31/8-17/9

(1/57) > >>

greece66:
I'm starting the thread a tad early but there are lots of things to be excited about, and once the draft will be done this should be one of the hottest topics

Things to be excited about

- It's massive. 24 national teams will be playing on four different countries (Finland, Romania, Israel and Turkey)

- Rosters have to be confirmed but there will be lots of NBA players and young European prospects (no Doncic though, saltlover, Slovenia somehow managed to stay out)

- and prolly the best reason of them all, Great Britain plays as a single country

Official website

Wikipedia has a good entry with the groups and the schedule

PS woah, my bad Slovenia is in, and is actually in the same group as Greece. We play on Sept. 3.

greece66:
So, the format is p straightforward. 24 teams in 4 groups of 6. 4 teams qualify from each group to give you a first round of 16. And then they play one game elimination rounds to the end.

At the groups stage, the rules for classification are 1) Points; 2) Head-to-head results; 3) Points difference; 4) Points scored.

I now add the groups

Androslav:
TP for the labor. Euro is always so competitive with teams tightly matched. Looking forward to it. For Croatia, Žižić and Hezonja canceled the appearance.

greece66:
Androslav, I'm also really excited about this one. I like that they spread the organization over four countries and that there will be countries that got very little coverage previously (GB, Iceland, Finland, Romania and others).

I also think the competition will be tight. There are lots of teams that could end up winning the gold. To name a few: Spain, France, Turkey - the playoffs will be played in Istanbul- , Russia, Lithuania, Croatia.

Any ideas on how Croatia's starting 5 might look up in September?

saltlover:
I was briefly sad at no Doncic!  Thanks for posting this so far in advance, as I now have months to plan my sleep schedule and figure out how to watch the games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version