Author Topic: Taking a step back to look over the lottery and what DA may be doing  (Read 1274 times)

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Yesterday was crazy. This morning I tried to look back at what as fans we know about this draft.

Who have the elite prospects had workouts with.

Fultz, Cs, lakers and rumored to be going to 76ers

Jackson, Lakers x2 and 76ers

Ball, Lakers x2

Tatum, Suns x2 and rumored to be going to Lakers

Isaac, Suns and Cs (just not in boston)

Fox
, 76ers, Lakers and Suns

SMith Jr, 76ers, Orlando x2 ,Lakers, a large group workout viewed by NY, Miami, Minn, Det, mavs, and rumored to be coming to boston

Monk, 76ers, Suns and Knicks and rumored Orlando

This list will likely grow for each prospect as this week drags on. Steve Kyle is reporting the Cs are trying to get Fox, Tatum and Isaac in town for a workout.

First big observation is the lack of activity out of Tatum and Isaac who have the same agent. In most mocks they are going 4-8 yet they have not worked out for teams in the range other then the Suns.

Only going by the above lists It would appear that Fultz, Jackson, Ball, Tatum, Isaac and Fox all are locking in on top 4 teams. Everyone seems to be shunning the Kings and Smith Jr. looks like a strong possibility at #6. 

I also noticed while in past years it was possible to compile a solid list of Celtics workouts this year the Cs have appeared to have gone quiet. With the #37 pick I would expect a lot of prospects to be in Boston. This either isn't the case or they are keeping everyone quiet. I have only seen a small handful of late 2nd to undrafted players tweeting about Cs workouts. I will be really interested to see who is in Boston at the beginning of this week. I do not think Jackson is a lock to go number 3.

Jackson may be a smoke screen. My gut tells me that the Cs want Tatum or Isaac and the suns are hoping Ball falls to them. At #2 the lakers are in a tough spot now with the media proclaiming the Cs love of Jackson they have to be second guessing taking Ball. The Cs maybe set up for another trade down if this all plays out perfectly.

Without another trade down (assuming Cs and 76ers goes through) my new prediction for the top 8.

1. 76er  Fultz
2. LAL    Jackson/Ball
3. Cs     Tatum ( Cs are a dark horse here)
4. Suns  Jackson/Ball
5. Kings Fox
6. Magic Smith Jr
7. Minn   Isaac (not much info on Minn workouts maybe looking to trade?)
8. NYK    Monk ( with Kennard as the dark horse)

With Isaac only working out top 4 I have to wonder if their is more going on here. If Ball goes #2 does Jackson not go #4 and slides further down? Is a team like the Cs looking to add another pick for Isaac? Do the Cs trade down to #5 knowing they can get Tatum or Isaac at this point?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:07:36 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I never bump my own stuff but with how crazy it is on here today I thought it was worth showing other the breakdown of lottery pick workouts
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I never bump my own stuff but with how crazy it is on here today I thought it was worth showing other the breakdown of lottery pick workouts

Yeah, as long as the world as we knew it is exploding this seems pretty relevant.  For my own mental health I tend to avoid guessing what Ainge is up to, but I allowed myself to get lulled into an expectation that we'd just take Fultz.  The workouts are a nice window in to who might be where come next week.